Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Open Letter to the .org
Bookmark and Share
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
Open Letter to the .org
Dear fellow Memphis fans (and heck even the hata' closet SEC fans who make up this board):

I've been a member here for quite a while now. Recently I have not been able to post as much as normal because of a health setback. (More on that a bit later)
Like all of you...I have my opinions...and I like to think of myself as a free thinker...I am definitely not a blind sheep.
Sometimes I have come across with my opinions rather strongly...and had some pretty nasty disagreements with some of the people in this forum...both mods and posters alike.

The day before Valentine's Day, I was hospitalized with Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation. I just thought my potassium was low when I checked into the hospital. They told me my bloodwork was fine...its just that my heart was beating over 200 beats a minute. (Normal is between 80-100).
So of course that was why I hadn't been feeling too well.
They got my heartbeat back into something of a normal rhythm...and I was released the next day. It wasn't until a few days ago that I felt like the 'old' me tho.
Anyways....it got me to thinking...about the disagreements I have had with some of the folks on this board. They were just so UNIMPORTANT!
So, from the bottom of my heart...I apologize to ANYONE that I may have offended...whether it was a dumb argument or simple disagreement...to my trying to be cute and post pictures that may have offended you....I AM SORRY.
When it comes down to life and death...you figure out pretty quickly what is important...and what aint.
The best way to be forgiven...is to forgive...and towards that end...I also forgive anyone I might have had a beef with.
I'm sorry this was long...thanks for reading....now carry on.

Glenn Condrey
02-25-2014 12:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
RE: Open Letter to the .org
Dude, we loved you all along. No worries. Go have some fun. Have peak life experiences now, while you can.
02-25-2014 12:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

I Root For: Memphis
EB, you're cool with me brother.

I'd even let you put together my 90s era Geocities website.

03-nutkick

God bless you man.
02-25-2014 12:59 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(02-25-2014 12:42 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  Dear fellow Memphis fans (and heck even the hata' closet SEC fans who make up this board):

I've been a member here for quite a while now. Recently I have not been able to post as much as normal because of a health setback. (More on that a bit later)
Like all of you...I have my opinions...and I like to think of myself as a free thinker...I am definitely not a blind sheep.
Sometimes I have come across with my opinions rather strongly...and had some pretty nasty disagreements with some of the people in this forum...both mods and posters alike.

The day before Valentine's Day, I was hospitalized with Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation. I just thought my potassium was low when I checked into the hospital. They told me my bloodwork was fine...its just that my heart was beating over 200 beats a minute. (Normal is between 80-100).
They got my heartbeat back into something of a normal rhythm...and I was released the next day. It wasn't until a few days ago that I felt like the 'old' me tho.
Anyways....it got me to thinking...about the disagreements I have had with some of the folks on this board. They were just so UNIMPORTANT!
So, from the bottom of my heart...I apologize to ANYONE that I may have offended...whether it was a dumb argument or simple disagreement...to my trying to be cute and post pictures that may have offended you....I AM SORRY.
When it comes down to life and death...you figure out pretty quickly what is important...and what aint.
The best way to be forgiven...is to forgive...and towards that end...I also forgive anyone I might have had a beef with.

Glenn Condrey

I hope you are feeling better Glenn. My wife was hospitalized out of the blue for pretty much the same thing about a year ago and still has a hard time keeping her blood pressure in check. Always been the picture of health but you just never know what's going to hit you. Other than age, LOL

Take care of yourself.
02-25-2014 02:37 PM
Advertisement

I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS Offline
All American

Grace, Gratitude, and Humility are the 3 legs to the stool of life. You have all of them. Take care of yourself Mr. Condrey 04-cheers
02-25-2014 03:11 PM
mphstiger79 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Just be happy you are feeling better! Live everyday. We all love you
02-25-2014 03:32 PM
kabluey Offline
Heisman

Be well and live your life fully!
02-25-2014 04:08 PM
Advertisement

Tanyaskees Offline
Hall of Famer

Glad you're feeling better Glenn.
02-25-2014 04:11 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

Very classy post. High character. I tip my cap to you. Others including myself should listen to your advice and follow. Take care and hope you are continuing to feel well.
02-25-2014 04:24 PM
Chi-Town Offline
Perpetually Optimistic

(02-25-2014 12:42 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  Dear fellow Memphis fans (and heck even the hata' closet SEC fans who make up this board):

Glenn Condrey

Welcome to the A-Fib club! There are more of us than people might think. Better living through chemistry is not a bad thing.....
02-25-2014 04:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigergreen Offline

I Root For: MEMPHIS
I hope you continue to feel better!
02-25-2014 05:05 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(02-25-2014 04:33 PM)Chi-Town Wrote:  

Glenn Condrey

Welcome to the A-Fib club! There are more of us than people might think. Better living through chemistry is not a bad thing.....

I've had periodic bouts with my heart beating out of rhythm...but I had been told it was just tachycardia.
This time...my bloodwork came out fine...they dunno what caused it to jump rhythm...as I don't abuse caffeine, have hypertension or anxiety attacks.
So they sent me home without any kind of medication..which for me was good. The medicine they had given me for it...cordarone gave me a busting headache.

Thanks to all...it was not my intention to use this as a attention seeking gimmick or anything like that. We have people who announce they are leaving so people can cajole them to stay etc etc.
This is just something that sat on my mind as I was waiting to hear SOMETHING from the doctors in ICU...that I needed to get off of my chest.
When you are facing your mortality like that...small things like arguments you've had...whether you were right or not suddenly become of paramount importance.
Sometimes, you don't get a 2nd chance to make it right or say "I'm sorry".
I am deeply grateful that I was given that chance.
02-25-2014 05:57 PM
GermantownTiger Offline
Capitalism Rules!

Glenn, I was taught as a young man that each day is a gift to be enjoyed to the max...carpe diem, my brother! 04-cheers
02-25-2014 07:10 PM
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
You are one of my favorite posters, and now I know why more than ever. You are an awesome person. Forgiving and being forgiven are two of the hardest things in life; I know for me, they are. I think you've got that under control! Although I can't think of anything you have done on this board that warrants that.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I had chest pains due to nothing other than stress a few years ago, but there is nothing like being wheeled on a cart down the hall in the hospital and turning the corner and seeing "Cardiac Unit." It gave me some perspective!

I've had a rather "interesting" winter so far, nothing life-threatening, but I can really relate to your post, because even at my "advanced" age, I have learned again , or accepted more deeply some real important lessons. I am way more grateful for what I have, even the smallest things, and have a deeper understanding of those who do not have what I have.

Hope you continue to feel well, my friend. My partner has AF, and she runs rings around me. Keep on keeping on, and plan some really neat things to do this spring and summer!
02-25-2014 08:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.