Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Obama (Again) Vows To Rule By Imperial Decree…
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Obama (Again) Vows To Rule By Imperial Decree…

Barry, we heard you the first 10,000 times you said it. You are King. We get it already.

BARACK OBMA: This has to be a year of action. I’m eager to work with congress wherever I can. My hope is that despite this being an election year, that there will be occasions where both parties determine that it makes sense to actually get some things done in this town. But wherever I can work on my own to expand opportunities for more Americans, I’m gonna do that.”
02-24-2014 10:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: Obama (Again) Vows To Rule By Imperial Decree…
This idiot is a walking cliche, an empty suit. We need to hide his pen.
02-24-2014 10:55 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Should have hid what little money we had, and made sure he couldn't print or borrow any.
02-25-2014 12:15 AM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
For all his whining, he has used the executive order much less than his most recent predecessors. The truth of the matter is that the guy just isn't competent. He just wasn't experienced enough in congress before he was elected, and he's too "smart" to listen to anyone that actually knows anything. It's been a political organization from the get go. One thing he does do well is the beat the crap out of his political enemies.

We should have seen this (and some of us did) in the early days when he piled on a few dozen czars in addition to his cabinet secretaries, all of whom reported directly to him. Everyone that knew anything about functional management organizations knew that would be a debacle.

and the debacle came.
02-25-2014 01:08 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-25-2014 12:15 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Should have hid what little money we had, and made sure he couldn't print or borrow any.

honestly....why didn't you....what stopped you from doing this???....cash is okay.....all the billionaires moved into a cash position (doesn't mean they moved to US currency).....they probably know more that we do....

our gov't???.....ummkay, not so much.....they still think it's okay to do that.....hell, just print some more....kevin bacon...stay calm, all is okay
02-25-2014 01:48 AM
stinkfist Offline

(02-25-2014 01:08 AM)EagleX Wrote:  For all his whining, he has used the executive order much less than his most recent predecessors. The truth of the matter is that the guy just isn't competent. He just wasn't experienced enough in congress before he was elected, and he's too "smart" to listen to anyone that actually knows anything. It's been a political organization from the get go. One thing he does do well is the beat the crap out of his political enemies.

We should have seen this (and some of us did) in the early days when he piled on a few dozen czars in addition to his cabinet secretaries, all of whom reported directly to him. Everyone that knew anything about functional management organizations knew that would be a debacle.

and the debacle came.

nailed it...figure head that was electable b/c he was black.....is that simple....he has no business being in the business.....
02-25-2014 01:49 AM
Advertisement

DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

(02-25-2014 01:08 AM)EagleX Wrote:  For all his whining, he has used the executive order much less than his most recent predecessors.

I thought he signed more EO's than any president? (I know that the number keeps climbing with each president). I'll have to go look up the numbers later.

Edit: Nope, just looked it up.. BO - 170, GWB - 291, Clinton - 364, GHB - 166, Reagan -381, Carter - 320

Wow... Dwight D had 484 of them? and FDR - 3,522!!!!!

To me, the difference is that Obama has tried to use his EO's to perform duties that were specifically assigned to congress compared to everyone else from Carter on (who I'll consider the first of the modern era) Most of the other presidents (including the Democratic ones) typically used EO's for minor things (such as creating study groups and such)).
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2014 08:38 AM by DaSaintFan.)
02-25-2014 08:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
Let's be honest.. BHO wasn't just some guy they picked out of the Senate.. He wasn't elected only because he was black.. He was a charismatic person..

Remember the first election all you heard was how handsome, charismatic, etc., compared to the old white man? Race play an issue, I believe that helped with some of the votes, but his personality was what won a ton of the votes.
02-25-2014 08:53 AM
stinkfist Offline

(02-25-2014 08:53 AM)gdunn Wrote:  Let's be honest.. BHO wasn't just some guy they picked out of the Senate.. He wasn't elected only because he was black.. He was a charismatic person..

Remember the first election all you heard was how handsome, charismatic, etc., compared to the old white man? Race play an issue, I believe that helped with some of the votes, but his personality was what won a ton of the votes.

I think we are all saying the same thing....don't kid yourself about the black part.....and you are correct....electability is what it's all about....gonna be a problem for HRC IMO moving forward....was her problem before...
02-25-2014 05:07 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Executive orders don't have the capacity to be as broad or as sweeping as many people think.
02-25-2014 05:13 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Are you sure you tallied EOs and not just "signing statements?"
02-25-2014 06:07 PM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(02-24-2014 10:55 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  This idiot is a walking cliche, an empty suit. We need to hide his teleprompter.

FIFY
02-25-2014 06:14 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
MHB, give it up. You've been lied too. Obama is not the EO user and abuser your media has told you.

Executive Orders by President

Quote:President George W. Bush made the constitutional challenges within signing statements (in)famous by citing problems with approximately 1,200 provisions of legislation; double the amount of all the previous presidents combined. Those challenges can be found within Bush’s 112 first-term statements and his 50 second-term statements.

The Obama administration has only issued 22 statements during his first term. While these statements are chock-full of constitutional challenges (Obama’s most recent NDAA signing statement challenges more than 20 sections of law on constitutional grounds), the lack of frequency with which the administration issues them leaves Obama nowhere close to Bush in terms of the number of provisions challenged over a similar timeframe.
Why the Obama Administration Has Issued Fewer Signing Statements
02-25-2014 06:17 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

The media told me nothing. I simply remembered all the brouha-ha about Bush using signing statements a lot. Seems to me that EOs that are used to get around Congress are a much more egregious matter, as in unConstitutional. Obama is a pro at that and someday, maybe, perhaps, somebody might do something about that. Or not.
02-25-2014 06:49 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Nice duck. But sorry to burst your "Obama is worse than all the other presidents" bubble.

And no, neither signing statements or EO's are unconstitutional.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2014 07:01 PM by Redwingtom.)
02-25-2014 07:01 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

Where'd you get your education? Inside a Cracker Jack box?

An EO that attempts to legislate is unconstitutional. Period. Writing laws is the domain of Congress. The executive branch is to see that the legislation is executed or carried out.

Obama has overstepped Constitutional bounds on many occasions. Nobody yet has challenged him on it. Doesn't make it any less unconstitutional.
02-25-2014 07:23 PM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
The emancipation proclamation must have came in a Cracker Jack box too!!! You righties are insane. E.O.'s are only unconstitutional when signed by a D. Get real. Wake up and smell the coffee.
02-25-2014 08:13 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(02-25-2014 08:13 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  The emancipation proclamation must have came in a Cracker Jack box too!!! You righties are insane. E.O.'s are only unconstitutional when signed by a D. Get real. Wake up and smell the coffee.

When signed by a dick?

I think we all agree on that.
02-25-2014 09:08 PM
EagleX Offline

(02-25-2014 08:13 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  The emancipation proclamation must have came in a Cracker Jack box too!!! You righties are insane. E.O.'s are only unconstitutional when signed by a D. Get real. Wake up and smell the coffee.

not over the EO issue, as such, but . . . . There is a whole series of SCOTUS rulings coming down on him.

the mighty obama isn't just about to blow up his own presidency, but he's about to have the whole notion of what qualifies as a recess appointment defined for him, and all future presidents because he couldn't control himself.
02-25-2014 09:19 PM
EagleX Offline

(02-25-2014 07:01 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Nice duck. But sorry to burst your "Obama is worse than all the other presidents" bubble.

And no, neither signing statements or EO's are unconstitutional.

Neither is being stunningly incompetent and utterly unqualified for the job. In his first act as president, moments after his inauguration, he bravely signed a piece of paper ordering that gitmo be closed. Hooray! Look at me! Victory!

and then someone asked HOW it was going to happen. he glanced nervously at an aide (as though he thought God struck it down with a lightning bolt in response to his name being signed to the paper), mumbled something inaudible, and said something about a committee. The he changed the subject.

we should have known (and some of us did) that he was out of his depth right that moment.
02-25-2014 09:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.