UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UAB IMG network
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB Blazers
UAB IMG network
When the IMG feed from Charlotte cut out during the Haase's postgame comments, it got me thinking again. Between the half-rate radio station and half-rate broadcasts, are we even remotely satisfied with IMG?

Sure they helped us get our video boards, but this year's broadcasts have been littered with poor feeds and cuts in the radio coverage. Not to mention, we don't seem to be doing anything to expand our radio network with additional carriers.

Just wondering if anyone else was as dissatisfied as I am with the job IMG is doing, particularly this year.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2014 08:36 PM by Blazer85.)
02-22-2014 08:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: UAB IMG network
I don't think that was IMG's fault today. When it went out, it sounded . like someone tripped and pulled the power cord out.

It seems like all schools our size are with IMG. They seem to be the market leader. While I am not happy all the time with their performance, I don't think we could find better
02-22-2014 09:01 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I Root For: UAB
I'm not sure there are too many other stations in the state right now that we could get to carry our games anyway - at this point.

Win on the field & that could change.
02-22-2014 09:05 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

I think that FM 107.7 kind of sucks, but I think that IMG does a good job. Early on with that station there were constant screw ups by the station staff, but IMG seems to have ironed most of those out. I listen to every one of the out of town broadcasts and also listen to he pre and post game shows for games played at Bartow and I think that IMG does a very professional job. When you are broadcasting on the road you are totally at the mercy of the other team's facilities and sometimes they are not the best. There have been occasions that they have had to run their wires and electrical cords under the feet of other media members and just have to pray some clumsy sports writer with big feet doesn't kick a plug out of a socket or trip over a wire.
02-22-2014 09:48 PM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

its not IMG's fault we can not afford to buy time on a better station. I do think leaving ESPN was a huge mistake.
02-23-2014 07:28 AM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

IMG has a lot of big BCS programs and a couple of BCS conferences and the NCAA itself. I suspect the amount of money UAB generates would end up with the same result if it were IMG or someone else managing it.
02-23-2014 08:57 AM
Advertisement

thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

IMG is not the issue. I feel like IMG does fine, and we probably are getting exactly what we are paying for.
02-23-2014 10:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
You do understand that they pay us, right?
02-23-2014 10:18 AM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

(02-23-2014 10:18 AM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  You do understand that they pay us, right?

then things have changed. we used to have to buy the time and then sold adds to offset the cost.
02-23-2014 11:35 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I like 107.7 for the fact that it's range is great enough you can pick it up over most of the middle and upper half of the state. I can get it form Montgomery to Huntsville. That's more coverage than a lot of other stations we could be stuck on. I'm not complaining about 107 because it could be MUCH worse.
02-24-2014 09:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(02-24-2014 09:57 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  I like 107.7 for the fact that it's range is great enough you can pick it up over most of the middle and upper half of the state. I can get it form Montgomery to Huntsville. That's more coverage than a lot of other stations we could be stuck on. I'm not complaining about 107 because it could be MUCH worse.

And has been. Recently. Thank you baby Jesus for smart phones.
02-24-2014 10:59 AM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

and good directions & turnip greens.
02-24-2014 11:25 AM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
(02-24-2014 11:25 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  and good directions & turnip greens.

Turnip greens???
02-24-2014 02:52 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

It's a country song.
02-24-2014 03:26 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Every fifth thing Blazerman posts these days is the lyrics of a song. I've learned that if he types something that doesn't make sense, it's because he's gone into karaoke mode.
02-24-2014 03:38 PM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

(02-23-2014 10:18 AM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  You do understand that they pay us, right?

I had no idea.
02-24-2014 09:15 PM
Advertisement

bladhmadh Offline
All American

(02-24-2014 03:38 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Every fifth thing Blazerman posts these days is the lyrics of a song. I've learned that if he types something that doesn't make sense, it's because he's gone into karaoke mode.

I often do that but few if any of my posts make sense to anyone but me so its hard for the others to realize it
02-24-2014 10:16 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(02-24-2014 03:38 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Every fifth thing Blazerman posts these days is the lyrics of a song. I've learned that if he types something that doesn't make sense, it's because he's gone into karaoke mode.

So he's into iambic pentameter 03-lmfao
02-24-2014 11:33 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(02-24-2014 10:16 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  

I often do that but few if any of my posts make sense to anyone but me so its hard for the others to realize it

[Image: 2-0-1-case-studies-large-dosequis-c-740x415px.jpg]

But when I do make sense, I prefer Dos Equis.
02-25-2014 12:20 AM
UABslant Offline

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
There haven't been nearly as many technical issues with the basketball broadcasts this season compared to previous years. The only video feed I've watched this school year was Clark's introduction, and that had audio issues due to the sound tech (or whoever was running the feed) not checking levels prior to broadcast.

The 107.7 website feed has been reliable this season as well.
02-25-2014 12:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.