Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congrats BC.
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
Congrats BC.
Great game for you guys. You got us back for fb season.
02-19-2014 09:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MKPitt Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Pitt
RE: Congrats BC.
I knew Syracuse's loss would come to some random team. So hard to go undefeated and it's probably for the best long term.
02-19-2014 09:24 PM
WakeForestRanger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wake Forest
@ Duke
@ Maryland
@ UVa

Potential four game losing streak.
02-19-2014 09:28 PM
jmc79er Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Boston College
Did not see that coming. Been such a bad season for us, this was certainly not expected. Hopefully, this takes some of the pressure off the Cuse. Big target when you're undefeated and ranked no. 1.
02-19-2014 09:28 PM
WNCOrange Offline
Special Teams

This loss was just over a week in the making. It just took the better part of 3 games to happen. CJ was out of control most of the game.

The only time we looked in rhythm was when Ennis picked up the pace a bit to start the second half. Instead of keeping it up we promptly went back to slow playing it.

Congrats to BC. They hit a ton of 3's in the second half and hustled all night. They simply wanted it more than our guys did tonight.
02-19-2014 09:29 PM
WakeForestRanger Offline
1st String

I'm glad BC was the team to do it. Anything that helps that BC-Syracuse rivalry grow in the Northeast is good for the ACC. It may take awhile to get some fire in it, but games like this are a good start.
02-19-2014 09:32 PM
Advertisement

Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
Too funny.
02-19-2014 09:34 PM
DXcuse Offline
Water Engineer

Ugh such a horrible loss. I hope BC enjoys this win as their only opportunity to be relevant all season. All and all Cuse was overdue for a loss but this one still stings bad. Hopefully Syracuse comes out ANGRY against Duke and beats the Blue Devils twice this season. Need to send a message to the conference about who belongs on top.
02-19-2014 10:13 PM
WNCOrange Offline
Special Teams

(02-19-2014 10:13 PM)DXcuse Wrote:  Ugh such a horrible loss. I hope BC enjoys this win as their only opportunity to be relevant all season. All and all Cuse was overdue for a loss but this one still stings bad. Hopefully Syracuse comes out ANGRY against Duke and beats the Blue Devils twice this season. Need to send a message to the conference about who belongs on top.

We continue to play like we have since the Duke game and we will get blown out by 20+ on Saturday.

We will learn everything we need to know about this years team when we see how they respond to this loss.
02-19-2014 10:15 PM
DXcuse Offline
Water Engineer

Agreed. Syracuse has looked like crap these past few games. It just sucks luck ran out tonight. CJ in particular needs to regain the form he had for that Duke game for Syracuse to stand a chance.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2014 10:17 PM by DXcuse.)
02-19-2014 10:16 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
At least it's out of the way before the tournament. take a deep breath and prepare to make a run like Louisville did last year.
02-19-2014 11:05 PM
Advertisement

Eagle78 Offline
1st String

I Root For: BC
Congrats BC.
(02-19-2014 09:20 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  Great game for you guys. You got us back for fb season.

Yes we did, cuseroc. What's that phrase: "turnabout is fair play"! Best of luck the rest of the way.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2014 11:17 PM by Eagle78.)
02-19-2014 11:05 PM
Eagle78 Offline
1st String

Congrats BC.
(02-19-2014 10:13 PM)DXcuse Wrote:  Ugh such a horrible loss. I hope BC enjoys this win as their only opportunity to be relevant all season. All and all Cuse was overdue for a loss but this one still stings bad. Hopefully Syracuse comes out ANGRY against Duke and beats the Blue Devils twice this season. Need to send a message to the conference about who belongs on top.

You stay classy, DXcuse. Geez....
02-19-2014 11:06 PM
DXcuse Offline
Water Engineer

I didn't think I went over the top sorry if I offended but you have to admit Syracuse losing to a team tied for bottom of the conference is a bad loss. BC played with great mental toughness tonight. They refused to go way. Something that I can't say Syracuse did. I really hope BC can elevate their basketball program. I'm all for another high powered north east rivalry. Perhaps BC can take the place of Uconn as they slowly fade away in the AAC.
02-19-2014 11:13 PM
WakeForestRanger Offline
1st String

So does this win buy Donahue another year or is he still getting fired? Could have a small effect on Wake's coaching search if we miss on our top targets and BC hires their guy first.
02-19-2014 11:16 PM
Eagle78 Offline
1st String

Congrats BC.
(02-19-2014 11:16 PM)WakeForestRanger Wrote:  So does this win buy Donahue another year or is he still getting fired? Could have a small effect on Wake's coaching search if we miss on our top targets and BC hires their guy first.

I am not sure this win by itself is going to save him. But who knows? He is a very nice guy and does care about his team and the program. In the opinion of many BC fans, he just cannot recruit at the ACC level and that's the problem.
02-19-2014 11:20 PM
Advertisement

orangefan Offline
Heisman

Blue. freakin. shorts.

Seriously, though, playing 6 guys is not enough, and the wear is starting to show. The starters all went 39 minutes plus.

Not taking anything away from BC, who played their guts out. Congrats.
02-20-2014 08:38 AM
WNCOrange Offline
Special Teams

The starters minutes are a huge concern. The other thing I find curious is why we have been letting the other team dictate tempo so much. We have been overly content with letting the other team decide what pace the game will be played at.

The only time last night we looked good and had a nice flow was when Ennis pushed the tempo to start the second half. I don't know why we did not keep that up.
02-20-2014 09:01 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(02-20-2014 08:38 AM)orangefan Wrote:  Blue. freakin. shorts.

Seriously, though, playing 6 guys is not enough, and the wear is starting to show. The starters all went 39 minutes plus.

Not taking anything away from BC, who played their guts out. Congrats.

I know. My wife whose from near Syracuse, said if We are going Retro, how come Our Guys aren't wearing the old Short Shorts? Not those long ones. Lol! Bring back the Orange ones.
02-20-2014 10:04 AM
HtownOrange Offline
All American

Kudos to the Eagles. They earned the victory. Regardless of where a team is in the standings, each game must be played and the Eagles came to play.
02-20-2014 11:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.