Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rude employee complains when fired
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Rude employee complains when fired
While I'm not a fan of NC Gov. McCrory, what this food service employee said crossed a line and said employee was fired as he should be.

Quote:On Sunday afternoon, McCrory was shopping at Reid’s Fine Foods when Drew Swope, a 45-year-old cook, said he asked if he could help McCrory.

After realizing he was speaking with the governor, whom he disagrees with politically, Swope said he told McCrory, “Thanks for nothing,” and walked away.

The guy is a loose cannon, if you own an operate a service business, SERVICE is critical to stay in business. You cannot afford to have an employee that would shoot off his mouth to customers, ESPECIALLY one he should know better.

Quote:Swope said he doesn’t blame Reid’s for letting him go, saying, “I did speak out of turn.”

But he added he thought it was “shocking” that the governor “had me excluded from the workplace because I upset his feelings.”

The governor did not, EXCLUDE, the moron from the workplace, THE MORON excluded himself from it.

Minimum Wage worker shows he's not even worth $7..25/hr.
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 08:46 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
02-17-2014 08:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
RE: Rude employee complains when fired
Well obviously the worker has been abused by the system. Probably caused by "white privilege".
02-17-2014 08:42 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Be rude to elected officials on your own time, meat.

Looks like you'll have a lot more of it going forward.
02-17-2014 08:42 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
You have to give him credit, how many minimum wage people would even know who the governor is?
02-17-2014 08:50 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(02-17-2014 08:50 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  You have to give him credit, how many minimum wage people would even know who the governor is?

Winnnnerrrr! Rimshot

I see you've been watching Jaywalking on the late Jay Leno show, may it rest in peace.
02-17-2014 08:54 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(02-17-2014 08:50 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  You have to give him credit, how many minimum wage people would even know who the governor is?

McCrory (former Charlotte mayor) was in Charlotte, Swope 03-confused may have thought he was insulting the mayor until he was told the governor's security detail had complained.
02-17-2014 08:54 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
He definitely deserves a good tongue-lashing, but not then and not there.
02-17-2014 11:59 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(02-17-2014 08:54 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

Winnnnerrrr! Rimshot

I see you've been watching Jaywalking on the late Jay Leno show, may it rest in peace.

What was on the Leno show? I never watch it. Saw it live once, but never watch it.
02-18-2014 12:01 AM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
the fact that the mistreated customer happened to be the governor is irrelevant. You are never rude to a customer. the fact that it was the governor simply made it (for reasons that are beyond me) newsworthy.
02-18-2014 01:17 AM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(02-18-2014 01:17 AM)EagleX Wrote:  the fact that the mistreated customer happened to be the governor is irrelevant. You are never rude to a customer. the fact that it was the governor simply made it (for reasons that are beyond me) newsworthy.

There ya go. I'd fire anyone that spoke to a customer like that, assuming he wasn't provoked or some "situation".

I'd call this a "teachable moment" for the miscreant and hope he gets his schit and anger in order. There's a lot of jobs to get fired from out there ifn's he tries. He might want to hold on to one instead.

Just a thought.
02-18-2014 01:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.