Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Baseball Polling (W/O February 17th)
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament Awards
Baseball Polling (W/O February 17th)
Held steady in both Baseball America (#15) and Perfect Game (#17), but moved up four slots to #11 in the NCBWA/Writers poll...

http://www.collegebaseballdaily.com/2014...-feb-17th/
02-17-2014 04:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
RE: Baseball Polling (W/O February 17th)
There were a couple of Rice-related questions on Baseball America's Aaron Fitt's Monday chat today:

Steve (Austin): What team from Texas do you see having the best resume come tourney time? Texas? A&M? Rice?

Aaron Fitt: I'm still sticking with the order we have them lined up in our rankings and going with Rice.

. . . .

Vance (Houston): I am looking forward to seeing Wayne Graham hopefully get his 1000th win tomorrow. Who do you see competing with rice for the C-USA crown.

Aaron Fitt: Florida Atlantic and East Carolina look like the two biggest threats to me. I don't think Rice is a lock in C-USA by any means; the other Owls are legit and could really make a run at that league crown. But it's hard to bet against a Wayne Graham team winning a conference title...

... and a couple related to other Texas teams:

Matt W. (Leesburg, VA): I am a diehard Gamecock fan and am very impressed with our youth after the first weekend!! Having said that, what did you think about Texas Tech's domination of Indiana? Texas Tech looked outstanding (more so than Indiana looked bad). I am having trouble determining if Indiana might be a let down or if Texas Tech is going to be a hidden beast this season. Thanks for you comments!

Aaron Fitt: I feel very confident that Indiana will not be a letdown -- I'm not putting too much stock in their quiet weekend. But Texas Tech did make a statement. I didn't think that would be a regional team heading into the season, but Tim Tadlock is a very good coach, and he's quietly done a nice job boosting the talent level there. I'll have more about the Red Raiders later this week or next week.

. . .

Patrick Mckinley (Slidell, LA): Where do you Rank the three starters for FSU in College Baseball and are they enough to maybe help Martin out of the slump in Omaha?

Aaron Fitt: The best rotations in college baseball, in no particular order: Fullerton, Florida State, Texas, Miami, Oregon State (if Wetzler's eligible), and then a handful of teams that have huge upside if talented but less proven arms are as good as they appear -- NC State, TCU, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Oregon, Arizona State, UCLA.

. . .

Marc (Tallahassee): What did you think about Texas this weekend? It sounded like the offense started slow but began to pick up some steam in the second 2 games of the 4 game set. Pitching seemed solid as always.

Aaron Fitt: Yep, sounds about right. There will be some growing pains with all those freshmen in the lineup, but there is also a lot of ability. I think Texas will be a much better offensive team at the end of the season than it is now, and I think its pitching will be elite from start to finish.
02-17-2014 05:11 PM
MemOwl Offline
All American

I Root For: Owls
Kacy Clemens has started all four games for Texas at 1B.

I saw him a bunch in high school. Not surprisingly, he was gifted on the mound and quite advanced in makeup and command. But he had arm problems and didn't throw much last spring.

I didn't think his swing was elite and never imagined he'd be a position player at Texas. Maybe he will prove me dead wrong.
02-18-2014 12:15 AM
texd Offline
Weirdly (but seductively) meaty

I Root For: acorns & such

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(02-18-2014 12:15 AM)MemOwl Wrote:  I didn't think his swing was elite. . . .

Augieball.
02-18-2014 12:39 AM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
College Baseball Central also had Rice make a big move in their weekly polls, moving up from #15 to #11...

http://collegebaseballcentral.com/colleg...ek-1/2292/
02-18-2014 11:50 AM
Advertisement

grol Offline
Baseball Fan

Donators
Is it game time yet...
02-18-2014 12:19 PM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
(02-18-2014 12:39 AM)texd Wrote:  

Augieball.

It's been so long since they've been able to execute it, I've almost forgotten what Augieball was/is? 03-cloud9
02-18-2014 01:29 PM
Tiki Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(02-18-2014 01:29 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  
(02-18-2014 12:39 AM)texd Wrote:  

Augieball.

It's been so long since they've been able to execute it, I've almost forgotten what Augieball was/is? 03-cloud9

Two platoon baseball (A Team and B Team)?
02-18-2014 01:30 PM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
Well, Stitchhead is trying to get back into our good graces-- he's bumped us from a preseason #28 ranking all the way up to #11 in this week's power rankings...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/...e-baseball
02-18-2014 04:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.