Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Womens Game Bowling Green
Bookmark and Share
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Womens Game Bowling Green
First of all kudos to the Bowling Green fans who traveled all the way here, I was surrounded by a sea of orange! First chance I've had to see the team under Tony V. who the Bowling Green fans thought was very entertaining. Bowling Green was the women's equal of Toledo in the MAC standings. EMU came out and I thought we were going to steamroll them but the problem with EMU was lack of teamwork, there's too much pass a few times and then shoot-ie individualism. Some of this in my opinion are some of the starters are true freshmen and in time they'll be better. Bowling Green put on a precision passing clinic. Still Tony V has to be frustrated it was a very winnable game. By the way the Bowling Green fans loved our ticket prices. Geez they hated the refs as much as the Toledo fans.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2014 01:14 PM by emu79.)
02-16-2014 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: Womens Game Bowling Green
(02-16-2014 01:13 PM)emu79 Wrote:  First of all kudos to the Bowling Green fans who traveled all the way here, I was surrounded by a sea of orange! First chance I've had to see the team under Tony V. who the Bowling Green fans thought was very entertaining. Bowling Green was the women's equal of Toledo in the MAC standings. EMU came out and I thought we were going to steamroll them but the problem with EMU was lack of teamwork, there's too much pass a few times and then shoot-ie individualism. Some of this in my opinion are some of the starters are true freshmen and in time they'll be better. Bowling Green put on a precision passing clinic. Still Tony V has to be frustrated it was a very winnable game. By the way the Bowling Green fans loved our ticket prices. Geez they hated the refs as much as the Toledo fans.

I've actually watched a number of EMU women's games this year (not bad, considering their conference record).

Sweeny and Morton are ace frosh. Fouty is a redshirt junior who has played inside but plays outside now.

Big problem is that this team is the opposite of the men: They don't have the power players at the '4' and '5' positions.

I don't know enough about the recruiting class to know if we have 'impact' frosh post players in the class.

I do know one player transferred and will have ONE SEMESTER of eligibility. She is apparently a very good rebounder.

EMU's women could come on next season. This year is a transition year.
02-16-2014 01:35 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
(02-16-2014 01:35 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(02-16-2014 01:13 PM)emu79 Wrote:  First of all kudos to the Bowling Green fans who traveled all the way here, I was surrounded by a sea of orange! First chance I've had to see the team under Tony V. who the Bowling Green fans thought was very entertaining. Bowling Green was the women's equal of Toledo in the MAC standings. EMU came out and I thought we were going to steamroll them but the problem with EMU was lack of teamwork, there's too much pass a few times and then shoot-ie individualism. Some of this in my opinion are some of the starters are true freshmen and in time they'll be better. Bowling Green put on a precision passing clinic. Still Tony V has to be frustrated it was a very winnable game. By the way the Bowling Green fans loved our ticket prices. Geez they hated the refs as much as the Toledo fans.

I've actually watched a number of EMU women's games this year (not bad, considering their conference record).

Sweeny and Morton are ace frosh. Fouty is a redshirt junior who has played inside but plays outside now.

Big problem is that this team is the opposite of the men: They don't have the power players at the '4' and '5' positions.

I don't know enough about the recruiting class to know if we have 'impact' frosh post players in the class.

I do know one player transferred and will have ONE SEMESTER of eligibility. She is apparently a very good rebounder.

Unlike the men's we are undersized compared to most teams we've played, but we are quicker and younger. We need a big size wise center.
02-16-2014 06:09 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(02-16-2014 06:09 PM)emussuperfan Wrote:  

Unlike the men's we are undersized compared to most teams we've played, but we are quicker and younger. We need a big size wise center.

We agree. RE: Fouty. I really don't what her real position is.
02-16-2014 06:25 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

(02-16-2014 06:25 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(02-16-2014 06:09 PM)emussuperfan Wrote:  

We agree. RE: Fouty. I really don't what her real position is.
power forward/center but a much better forward rebounding and put backs.
02-16-2014 07:45 PM
Advertisement

emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

Most times we play a 3 forward 2 guard, then we move to a 3 guard and , if we can run we even go to 4 guards. Under Suzy we very rarely used a true center.
02-17-2014 06:50 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(02-17-2014 06:50 AM)emussuperfan Wrote:  Most times we play a 3 forward 2 guard, then we move to a 3 guard and , if we can run we even go to 4 guards. Under Suzy we very rarely used a true center.

Yeah, but do we have two forwards (Fouty is one) who are capable of starting on a winning MAC team?

Or do we wait for next season for more forwards (Easley and Puni)?

http://www.emueagles.com/news/2013/11/19...ath=wbball

http://www.emueagles.com/news/2014/1/13/...ath=wbball
02-17-2014 07:10 AM
Dennis Hoopster Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Eagles
Steve, you da man!

Wish there was some info to did up on Murphy's recruiting efforts.

If there was, you would be the man to find it.

This is what frustrates me, we have plenty of scollies to give but MUMS the word. We have to be recruiting someone , at least thats the hope anyways. Mums the word and even Steve Bell has nothing to say about EMU recruiting on twitter etc.

Verdi on the other hand appears to be doing well recruiting for the womans team. Kudos to him and his staff.
02-17-2014 11:04 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Dennis, check the men's 2014 recruiting thread.
02-17-2014 05:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.