Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

We're hurt..We're young...We're unlucky...
Bookmark and Share
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
I'm trying to think up other things that we can use as an excuse so that when the season ends, and it will end pretty quickly, we can look forward to next year with unreasonably high expectations without any changes. You just know that we'll do things the exact same way because nobody wants to rock the boat.

This was supposed to be our great season. League down and we have the best talent we've had in some time. And here we are in the middle of a four game losing streak, and today losing to a bad ULM team. I'm not sure we could beat UAPB this year. I guess it's just the same old same old. We've already lost a number of long time fans over the past few years, and even some on this board. We can't afford to keep losing our base. We need to be adding fans, not losing them. It's time to seriously evaluate this program and make the necessary changes if that's what's called for. Someone has to be held accountable at some point. This just can't go on forever.04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2014 01:46 AM by outsideualr.)
02-16-2014 01:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

It is and it has been.

The last 4 games are all winnable and we play them over several weeks.

We have time to get healthy. If you dont have wn scorer to setup things, then you get 13 points in a half.

I refuse to excuse our record at the end of the season though. Steve owns that record win, lose, or draw.

Chris owns what happens in the stands and will be forced to live on what we money we make. Right now i am sure that we are not making much money at the games. Butts in seats buy stuff at the games.

There are limited butts in seats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
02-16-2014 08:11 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: We're hurt..We're young...We're unlucky...
(02-16-2014 08:11 AM)insideualr Wrote:  It is and it has been.

We have time to get healthy. If you dont have wn scorer to setup things, then you get 13 points in a half.

I refuse to excuse our record at the end of the season though. Steve owns that record win, lose, or draw.

Chris owns what happens in the stands and will be forced to live on what we money we make. Right now i am sure that we are not making much money at the games. Butts in seats buy stuff at the games.

We're definitely hurt. We've definitely been unlucky with our injuries and a couple of bounces against WKU and maybe ULL. I don't think you're accurate about us being young with a 5th year senior and 4th year senior starter to go along with 2 juniors and a 3rd year sophomore. Our normal starting line-up is quite mature, and would have been even more so with JT.
02-17-2014 01:46 AM
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Online
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
This is not a young team. Nothing there.
We have had an unusually high number of injuries to key players. No getting around that. But you just keep going. Nothing else you can do.
02-17-2014 04:49 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-17-2014 04:49 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  This is not a young team. Nothing there.
We have had an unusually high number of injuries to key players. No getting around that. But you just keep going. Nothing else you can do.

We survived the loss of our starting point guard. Most teams would have a lot of trouble overcoming that. We won 3 out of 4 without our most talented player (James). But, playing without our first team all-conference player was a little more than this team was capable of handling.
02-17-2014 09:21 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-17-2014 01:46 AM)mjs Wrote:  
(02-16-2014 08:11 AM)insideualr Wrote:  It is and it has been.

We're definitely hurt. We've definitely been unlucky with our injuries and a couple of bounces against WKU and maybe ULL. I don't think you're accurate about us being young with a 5th year senior and 4th year senior starter to go along with 2 juniors and a 3rd year sophomore. Our normal starting line-up is quite mature, and would have been even more so with JT.

A fifth year senior who has never had an injury free season, a fourth year senior who doesn't score (normally) and has played only one season of D1 ball, a junior who has never played D1 ball and normally doesn't score, and a junior who has never had a prominent role until this year, and although statistically is a good shooter, doesn't shoot much, and a potentially terrific sophomore who hasn't played a great deal in his career until this year. So forgetting the classifications, these are relatively young players when it comes to overall minutes played in their careers at UALR.04-rock
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2014 10:16 AM by outsideualr.)
02-17-2014 10:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.