Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USA -vs- Russia in Hockey Now on NBC Sports Network
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
USA -vs- Russia in Hockey Now on NBC Sports Network
USA -vs- Russia in Hockey Now on NBC Sports Network...
channel 1644 on Time Warner.
Started at 7AM Saturday morning.
02-15-2014 07:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RUScarlets Online
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
RE: USA -vs- Russia in Hockey Now on NBC Sports Network
USA takes it 3-2 in a shootout for 2 points... nice win.
02-15-2014 10:22 AM
goofus Offline
All American

I Root For: Iowa
Some what controversial win for USA. Russia had the game winning goal in regulation over-ruled. Not sure if I understand the rule. If the net gets dislodged first, the goal does not count. So why doesn't the goalie just dislodge the net all the time?
02-15-2014 06:40 PM
darkdragon99 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: geography
No hatred between the 2 teams which makes me not as interested. They all are friends in the NHL together. Same thing in the NBA in the old days the Celtics hated the Lakers and vice versa and now everyone is buddy buddy.
02-15-2014 07:25 PM
Advertisement

brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
(02-15-2014 06:40 PM)goofus Wrote:  Some what controversial win for USA. Russia had the game winning goal in regulation over-ruled. Not sure if I understand the rule. If the net gets dislodged first, the goal does not count. So why doesn't the goalie just dislodge the net all the time?

If the goalie intentionally dislodges the net their team would receive a delay of game penalty. Well if I'm not mistaken that's how it works.
02-15-2014 10:56 PM
IceJus10 Online
All American

I Root For: Sports
The replay shows that when the goalie went side to side with the initial rush into the zone, the net went off... it should have been whistled dead then, but the refs didn't blow the whistle. That's why it was called off, when the goal went in a few seconds later.

As for no bad blood, there were several scrums, dust ups, and some hard hits... it was a very exciting and physical game!
02-15-2014 11:36 PM
jdgaucho Offline
All American

I Root For: UCSB
(02-15-2014 07:25 PM)darkdragon99 Wrote:  No hatred between the 2 teams which makes me not as interested. They all are friends in the NHL together. Same thing in the NBA in the old days the Celtics hated the Lakers and vice versa and now everyone is buddy buddy.

I doubt we were playing in a friendly atmosphere (I didn't watch it, too early on the west coast). And Laker fans are certainly no fans of Boston, or vice versa.
02-16-2014 12:32 AM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
I like hockey okay, a leftover relic of my early years of boyhood in Canada and the U.P., but this game was riveting. I watched all of it. The checks were extremely physical even by NHL standards and the there was no lagging on the skates by either side. The officials let them play and the effort was outstanding especially by the two goalies. It's a shame somebody had to lose but I would think there will be a rematch in the medal round. Don't miss it!
02-16-2014 02:35 AM
Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
US took care of Slovenia today, Americans should be playing in the Gold Medal game. 03-thumbsup04-cheers
02-16-2014 10:07 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(02-16-2014 12:32 AM)jdgaucho Wrote:  
(02-15-2014 07:25 PM)darkdragon99 Wrote:  No hatred between the 2 teams which makes me not as interested. They all are friends in the NHL together. Same thing in the NBA in the old days the Celtics hated the Lakers and vice versa and now everyone is buddy buddy.

I doubt we were playing in a friendly atmosphere (I didn't watch it, too early on the west coast). And Laker fans are certainly no fans of Boston, or vice versa.
I think darkdragon was talking about players not fans. Yeah the fans definitely hate one another.
02-16-2014 11:59 PM
Advertisement

Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
(02-15-2014 06:40 PM)goofus Wrote:  Some what controversial win for USA. Russia had the game winning goal in regulation over-ruled. Not sure if I understand the rule. If the net gets dislodged first, the goal does not count. So why doesn't the goalie just dislodge the net all the time?

Just as a clarification this rule is only true in the Olympics. In the NHL, KH: (the Russian professional league), and most other major hockey leagues you have to knock both posts off to stop a goal. In the Olympics you only need to knock off one. That is why so many people were confused especially in Russia where the news is NOT telling that part of the story.

If they thought you were knocking the goal off on purpose then they would likely call a delay of game. In addition it is not THAT easy to knock the goal off. It can be pushed but it would take some effort and that would be hard to work on purpose while trying to protect the goal at the same time (you would likely only try to knock it off to prevent a goal that you otherwise couldn't stop but considering how fast the game is that would be crazy hard to do).
02-19-2014 12:54 AM
Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
Russia knocked out of the tournament by the Finns(who hate them) and Canada needs a goal late in the 3rd period to finally beat little Latvia. Would have been great to see the Latvians win
02-19-2014 10:33 PM
Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
(02-19-2014 10:33 PM)Policiious Wrote:  Russia knocked out of the tournament by the Finns(who hate them) and Canada needs a goal late in the 3rd period to finally beat little Latvia. Would have been great to see the Latvians win

While it might be easier the great neghbor battle coming is great to see. Sweden V Finland, USA v Canada! These will be great games with a lot of passion I think.
02-19-2014 11:18 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
The Finns skated beautifully and their passes were crisp. In the end I couldn't help but wonder how much pressure Putin had placed upon them when he said if the Hockey team won Gold that would make the whole Olympics for Russia. After the shootout loss this had to be their greatest fear and they looked tight the whole game. The better team on the ice won today.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2014 11:27 PM by JRsec.)
02-19-2014 11:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.