Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC - Future Divisional Lineup
Bearcat61 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Cincinnati
AAC - Future Divisional Lineup
Based on the scheduling for 2014, it appears we have the following Divisional lineup for 2015 and forward-

North -
UConn
Temple
Navy

Cinti
Memphis
Tulane

South
ECU
UCF
USF

Tulsa
SMU
Houston

With that in mind, I like Cinti schedule for 2015 when we reopen at Nippert:
Division
Away Memphis
Away Navy
Home Tulane
Home Temple
Home Uconn

Cross Division
Home UCF
Away ECU
Away Tulsa
02-14-2014 10:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
RE: AAC - Future Divisional Lineup
That would suck for ECU since we're closer to Navy, Temple, and UConn than either UCF or USF
02-14-2014 10:57 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(02-14-2014 10:57 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  That would suck for ECU since we're closer to Navy, Temple, and UConn than either UCF or USF

Looking at the CUSA west (I mean AAC west) is a flashback to CUSA 2.0. Houston probably should have gone west with MW when they had the chance. That tired worn out CUSA divisional line up is going to be a huge disappointment for fans after the all the fanfare of moving to a "new" conference. Never thought I'd say it, but I'd rather have he zipper alignment. The best outcome for Houston is if the NCAA scraps the rules requiring divisions and allows conferences to determine how they decide their champion. That would allow more variety with a round robin type conference schedule that has far fewer locked in conference games.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2014 11:17 AM by Attackcoog.)
02-14-2014 11:09 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
Re: RE: AAC - Future Divisional Lineup
(02-14-2014 11:09 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(02-14-2014 10:57 AM)NBPirate Wrote:  That would suck for ECU since we're closer to Navy, Temple, and UConn than either UCF or USF

Looking at the CUSA west (I mean AAC west) is a flashback to CUSA 2.0. Houston probably should have gone west with MW when they had the chance. That tired worn out CUSA divisional line up is going to be a huge disappointment for fans after the all the fanfare of moving to a "new" conference. Never thought I'd say it, but I'd rather have he zipper alignment.

I'm sure San Jose state, Wyoming, Utah state, unlv, unr, and New Mexico would all draw sell out crowds.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
02-14-2014 11:15 AM
Attackcoog Offline

(02-14-2014 11:15 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  

Looking at the CUSA west (I mean AAC west) is a flashback to CUSA 2.0. Houston probably should have gone west with MW when they had the chance. That tired worn out CUSA divisional line up is going to be a huge disappointment for fans after the all the fanfare of moving to a "new" conference. Never thought I'd say it, but I'd rather have he zipper alignment.

I'm sure San Jose state, Wyoming, Utah state, unlv, unr, and New Mexico would all draw sell out crowds.

Neither conference schedule is going to remind anyone of the SEC. The west under that scenario would probably be something like Houston, SMU, Boise, Air Force, Wyoming, Colorado St, New Mexico. Boise would be a big deal. Air Force would probably be a nice crowd. New Mexico and Wyoming are state flagships---though hardly FBS heavyweights. Is that schedule much better? Probably not. Is it different from what we have played for 16 years in CUSA? Absolutely.

lol...just saying, when one sends out a bunch a PR about changing conferences--shouldn't the schedule change? Its just hard to get very excited about a division that locks us into the roughly the same schedule we had before the conference move. Its obviously going to be something along the lines speculated, thats why I could pretty much care less what they do. We end up back in CUSA with virtually every version posted. Its instructive to note that nobodys fans want to be in the west---everyone on the edge is fighting to be in the east---so its not just me who thinks that.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2014 11:48 AM by Attackcoog.)
02-14-2014 11:35 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
(02-14-2014 11:35 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(02-14-2014 11:15 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  

Neither conference schedule is going to remind anyone of the SEC. The west under that scenario would probably be something like Houston, SMU, Boise, Air Force, Wyoming, Colorado St, New Mexico. Boise would be a big deal. Air Force would probably be a nice crowd. New Mexico and Wyoming are state flagships---though hardly FBS heavyweights. Is that schedule much better? Probably not. Is it different from what we have played for 16 years in CUSA? Absolutely. My guess is that western schedule would probably sell better--but Im not sure if it would be just a short term bump due to being something different or if it would truly be more attractive to fans. My guess is that outside of Boise, a G5 schedule is a G5 schedule. Its kinda like oatmeal.

lol...just saying, when one sends out a bunch a PR about changing conferences--shouldn't the schedule change?

Look at it this way. We're not playing UAB, Marshall, LA Tech etc, while still maintaining the same east coast footprint.

I think Houston is lucky in all this; they gain novel opponents in USF, UConn, Temple, Navy, and Cinci on their schedule, while retaining moderate interest games in SMU and Tulsa and local matchups in Tulane and Memphis.

As for UCF... i don't know how we drew all three of the private schools at home... someone seriously ****ed up.
02-14-2014 11:47 AM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF

Looking at the CUSA west (I mean AAC west) is a flashback to CUSA 2.0. Houston probably should have gone west with MW when they had the chance. That tired worn out CUSA divisional line up is going to be a huge disappointment for fans after the all the fanfare of moving to a "new" conference. Never thought I'd say it, but I'd rather have he zipper alignment. The best outcome for Houston is if the NCAA scraps the rules requiring divisions and allows conferences to determine how they decide their champion. That would allow more variety with a round robin type conference schedule that has far fewer locked in conference games.

The MWC is terrible. Houston is far better off in the AAC. Outside Boise, no one cares about any of their teams. Houston made the right choice. You get the chance to play UConn, Cincinnati, Navy, USF, UCF, ECU, SMU, etc. Those are more attractive programs that just about anyone in the MWC.
02-14-2014 11:52 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(02-14-2014 11:09 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Houston probably should have gone west with MW when they had the chance.
If Houston could -- somehow, someway -- switch to the Mtn. as of July 1, 2014, without paying any "fees" or anything like that, would you recommend that they do it?
02-14-2014 11:56 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
(02-14-2014 11:52 AM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  

The MWC is terrible. Houston is far better off in the AAC. Outside Boise, no one cares about any of their teams. Houston made the right choice. You get the chance to play UConn, Cincinnati, Navy, USF, UCF, ECU, SMU, etc. Those are more attractive programs that just about anyone in the MWC.

Agree. Houston is going to get a lot more eyeballs playing in the Eastern Time Zone then they ever would playing in the Pacific or Mountain West Time Zones.
02-14-2014 11:59 AM
3rdWardCoog Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UH
MWC is even worst if you are talking about fan fare. We might play the same school's mostly that we have played but I don't see another school outside of Boise that will have fans breaking down the door to come see.
02-14-2014 11:59 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

(02-14-2014 11:59 AM)3rdWardCoog Wrote:  MWC is even worst if you are talking about fan fare. We might play the same school's mostly that we have played but I don't see another school outside of Boise that will have fans breaking down the door to come see.
Boise would draw a crowd, and Air Force would draw a little better-than-average. After those two, the rest of the league has the same box-office power as an FCS schedule.
02-14-2014 12:04 PM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

(02-14-2014 11:56 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(02-14-2014 11:09 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Houston probably should have gone west with MW when they had the chance.
If Houston could -- somehow, someway -- switch to the Mtn. as of July 1, 2014, without paying any "fees" or anything like that, would you recommend that they do it?

Probably not. My preference is still to steal a few MW teams to make the AAC a more unique entity. I'd like Boise, Fresno, SDSU, and Air Force--but that's alot of travel and hard to make work for an all-sports conference. If we were somewhat limited in the western move and tried to keep it travel friendly we could still end up with something very different in the west.

Houston
SMU
Tulane
Memphis
Tulsa
Air Force (all sports)
Colorado St (all sports)
New Mexico (all sports)

In a perfect world, we would add Army (with VCU and UMass Olympics) in the east to finish off the 16-16 AAC model. That's a big foot print. All 3 academies. Plus its a hell of a basketball conference. Basically, I wouldn't join the MW at this point (though I am a little disappointed in how the west has worked out). Im hoping we either get our ticket punched to P5 (long shot) or our media deal improves enough in 6 years that we can steal a few MW schools.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2014 12:15 PM by Attackcoog.)
02-14-2014 12:08 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
Here are the main options for AAC to consider.

1) Zipper arrangement. No one will love it, but everyone might hate it less than the others so it just might work.
2) Sending Navy west. This keeps UC and USF in the east. But what is the incentive for Navy to do this.
3) Sending UC or USF west. Likely to be fought by both.
4) North/South Arrangement. Keep USF and UCF in the south division with the Texas schools and 2 others.
02-14-2014 12:11 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(02-14-2014 10:56 AM)Bearcat61 Wrote:  Based on the scheduling for 2014, it appears we have the following Divisional lineup for 2015 and forward-

North -
UConn
Temple
Navy

Cinti
Memphis
Tulane

South
ECU
UCF
USF

Tulsa
SMU
Houston

With that in mind, I like Cinti schedule for 2015 when we reopen at Nippert:
Division
Away Memphis
Away Navy
Home Tulane
Home Temple
Home Uconn

Cross Division
Home UCF
Away ECU
Away Tulsa

im curious how you decided it was north/south besides the fact cincy fans prefer it

and tulane in new orleans north? but Ecu/tulsa south?
02-14-2014 12:18 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
I'm more interested in what basketball scheduling will look like. Are we going to play 18 games and how is that handed out with 11 teams.
02-14-2014 12:23 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

because the mwc division would have been better? wyoming, new mexico, colorado state, utah state,airforce and houston (2nd texas team, likely utep).. that will definitely get the fans riled up 04-chairshot

quit moaning, im perfctly fine with however the divisions fall
02-14-2014 12:29 PM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Assuming the ACC's proposal to allow conferences to determine for themselves how to arrive at a conference championship game is approved, do you guys think the AAC would also go to a divisionless schedule with, say, 2 permanent rivals and 6 rotating games (thus playing every team 2 out of 3 years)? If so, who would the permanent rivals be?

Here are my guesses:

UConn - Temple
Navy - ECU
Cinci - Memphis
UCF - USF
Tulsa - Tulane
SMU - Houston

(or if you prefer, Tulsa/SMU and Houston/Tulane)
02-14-2014 12:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Teams that should be in the same divisions based on geography (if we go the division route instead of following the new ACC plan):

Northeast:
Temple
UCONN
Navy
ECU

Southeast:
USF
UCF

Southwest:
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Tulane

Outliers are Memphis and UC

IMO you either put Memphis and UC with the Northeast schools or you combline the Northeast and the Southeast.

So either way it ends up being a North/South or East/West split:

Temple, UCONN, Navy, ECU, UC, Memphis vs Houston, SMU, Tulsa, Tulane, UCF, USF

or

Temple, UCONN, Navy, ECU, UCF, USF vs Houston, SMU, Tulsa, Tulane, UC, Memphis
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2014 12:31 PM by HuskyU.)
02-14-2014 12:30 PM
3rdWardCoog Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UH
(02-14-2014 12:04 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(02-14-2014 11:59 AM)3rdWardCoog Wrote:  MWC is even worst if you are talking about fan fare. We might play the same school's mostly that we have played but I don't see another school outside of Boise that will have fans breaking down the door to come see.
Boise would draw a crowd, and Air Force would draw a little better-than-average. After those two, the rest of the league has the same box-office power as an FCS schedule.

My point exactly. MWC was very attractive when TCU, BYU and Utah was their for UH when they tried to get in years back. AAC money is not great but everything else is here to grow our brand in FB and especially in BB.
02-14-2014 12:36 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

(02-14-2014 12:11 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  2) Sending Navy west. This keeps UC and USF in the east. But what is the incentive for Navy to do this.
Who knows, but I've heard Navy is open to that, and might even prefer it.
02-14-2014 12:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.