WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

According to my sources, two more players have left the program.
Nacho Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
According to my sources, two more players have left the program.
Sorry, I don't have links - I just heard it from a friend whose cousin's roommate is friends with someone on the team.

Anyway - Mikhail Dubose and Roosevelt Donaldson are gone.
02-14-2014 09:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

RE: According to my sources, two more players have left the program.
We're going to be looking at a completely different team next year.
02-14-2014 09:44 AM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks
(02-14-2014 09:32 AM)Nacho Wrote:  Sorry, I don't have links - I just heard it from a friend whose cousin's roommate is friends with someone on the team.

We knew that. Are there more?
02-14-2014 09:49 AM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

(02-14-2014 09:49 AM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  
(02-14-2014 09:32 AM)Nacho Wrote:  Sorry, I don't have links - I just heard it from a friend whose cousin's roommate is friends with someone on the team.

Oh. Idk let me call up my friend again later.
02-14-2014 09:53 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-14-2014 09:53 AM)Nacho Wrote:  
(02-14-2014 09:49 AM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  

Oh. Idk let me call up my friend again later.

There are currently only TEN seniors listed on the roster. I am assuming that is extremely LOW.
02-14-2014 09:59 AM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

it's low, but is it unexpected in the second year of a new regime? Honest question, i don't know.
02-14-2014 10:26 AM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(02-14-2014 10:26 AM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  it's low, but is it unexpected in the second year of a new regime? Honest question, i don't know.

I'd say it's a little low but coaching change is a factor, thus not "unexpected."
02-14-2014 10:29 AM
DrDavis Offline
2nd String

Quote:Posted by Nacho - Today 08:32 AM
Sorry, I don't have links - I just heard it from a friend whose cousin's roommate is friends with someone on the team.

Did your friend's cousin's roommate's friend give a reason for them leaving the team?

Thought these two got decent playing time last year.
02-14-2014 10:59 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

I am going to say this and it probably wont be popular, and I am not saying this is or isn't the reason, just a thought. Maybe some of these guys are leaving just plain due to on field accountability. All of the guys that have left were Cubit recruits. I get the sense that Cubit gave upper class men preferential treatment with regards to playing time ( Even at the behest of his job... starting Carder his last year at the end when it was obvious Carder was in-effective). Fleck appears to field who he thinks is a best fit each and every week. Be it decided by weekday practicing...etc... Maybe these guys just don't agree with the philosophies of the different coaches with respect to this. Kind of a "hey I earned this, now you bring in these young guys who are supposedly "the best" and expect me to start all over again?" They saw how Lark tumbled down the depth chart last year and just don't want to play that game.
02-14-2014 11:11 AM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

Both guys played in 11 games and started 2. They are both in the top 5-7 returning tackle and TFL leaders as far as stats.

I will take the other side and maybe they see Fleck is only going to play "his" guys and they see that and know they will not get the chance to compete. It goes both ways. You say Cubit went with older players and I can say PJ is going to play "his" guys which could be at the detriment to his job.
02-14-2014 11:18 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-14-2014 11:18 AM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  Both guys played in 11 games and started 2. They are both in the top 5-7 returning tackle and TFL leaders as far as stats.

I will take the other side and maybe they see Fleck is only going to play "his" guys and they see that and know they will not get the chance to compete. It goes both ways. You say Cubit went with older players and I can say PJ is going to play "his" guys which could be at the detriment to his job.

If that was the case ( Fleck only playing his players ) why would Chance be going the extra mile to gain an extra year of eligibility? Seems a little odd for a player who was well entrenched in the Cubit era and would be extending an already long WMU Football career.
02-14-2014 11:33 AM
Advertisement

moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

(02-14-2014 11:33 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  
(02-14-2014 11:18 AM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  Both guys played in 11 games and started 2. They are both in the top 5-7 returning tackle and TFL leaders as far as stats.

If that was the case ( Fleck only playing his players ) why would Chance be going the extra mile to gain an extra year of eligibility? Seems a little odd for a player who was well entrenched in the Cubit era and would be extending an already long WMU Football career.

At the risk of speaking for Kimbo, I think he was pointing more to a perception problem.
02-14-2014 12:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Good thing we already have offered 46 high school juniors.
02-14-2014 12:50 PM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

Not get a chance to compete? What coach doesn't want competition for jobs? Might he have a tendency towards his guys? Sure. A lot of new coaches do. But to make a leap that he isn't going to play the best guys at a position just because they were from the previous regime is a little silly.
02-14-2014 01:19 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-14-2014 11:11 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  I am going to say this and it probably wont be popular, and I am not saying this is or isn't the reason, just a thought. Maybe some of these guys are leaving just plain due to on field accountability. All of the guys that have left were Cubit recruits. I get the sense that Cubit gave upper class men preferential treatment with regards to playing time ( Even at the behest of his job... starting Carder his last year at the end when it was obvious Carder was in-effective). Fleck appears to field who he thinks is a best fit each and every week. Be it decided by weekday practicing...etc... Maybe these guys just don't agree with the philosophies of the different coaches with respect to this. Kind of a "hey I earned this, now you bring in these young guys who are supposedly "the best" and expect me to start all over again?" They saw how Lark tumbled down the depth chart last year and just don't want to play that game.

Cubit most certainly did not give upper class men preferential treatment for playing time - particularly seniors. He had favorites, but is wasn't tied to class.
02-14-2014 01:21 PM
WheresWaldo42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: BetterCall Saul
I think it has mostly to do with the fact that the writing is on the wall that Fleck is going to play HIS kids.

This was a question that I asked regarding bringing in this heralded recruiting class. How is that going to play with the upperclassmen. I think that for some they either see that they aren't going to get the playing time. Or they see that they are going to be overshadowed by these young guys, when they have paid their dues for 3 seasons. I think there is a fine line there with hyping youngsters (especially before they have ever played a down).

That said, I don't really blame either side. If they feel that this isn't for them anymore, then go ahead and move on. If Fleck wants to simply get HIS guys on the field and build that way, then so be it.

My only real concern is that with the continued departures of experienced players, that means more youngsters playing significant minutes. And while they might be talented, youngsters need time to mature and figure it out. 1 or 2 is one thing 15-20 is another thing all together.
02-14-2014 02:30 PM
Advertisement

flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

Get used to it. The next full season will likely look quite a bit like last year. Ton's of youngsters gaining experience and learning every down. I'm personally prepared for another lopsided win loss record... and not in the good way. I do think that Fleck is gaining momentum and just need another year or so to really get things moving.

Likely going to be another excuse filled season based on youth, but such it is when coaches change and players defect. I'm surprised that the ones that are leaving now, had an entire year under Fleck before they decided to bolt. For all we know it has nothing to do with Football, but possibly school, or home, or any other number of non-athletic related issues. If it wasn't for speculation of all sorts, this board would be pretty quiet.
02-14-2014 02:55 PM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

(02-14-2014 01:19 PM)Stampede your face!! Wrote:  

Not get a chance to compete? What coach doesn't want competition for jobs? Might he have a tendency towards his guys? Sure. A lot of new coaches do. But to make a leap that he isn't going to play the best guys at a position just because they were from the previous regime is a little silly.

Have u followed the conversation?
02-14-2014 03:13 PM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

Huh. No one is questioning my sources.
[Image: yes_napoleon_dynamite.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2014 03:38 PM by Nacho.)
02-14-2014 03:37 PM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

(02-14-2014 03:37 PM)Nacho Wrote:  Huh. No one is questioning my sources.
[Image: yes_napoleon_dynamite.gif]

You actually have to give us some new info Nacho 03-pissed
02-14-2014 05:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.