Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why CINCINNATI is not playing Central Florida
True Bearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
Why CINCINNATI is not playing Central Florida
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2014/02/1...-football/

Because it was too hard for them to figure out with adding 3 teams, and losing 2. 03-banghead
02-13-2014 04:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lord2FLI Away
Peanut Vendor

I Root For: The End
RE: Why CINCINNATI is not playing Central Florida
Every excuse the conference gives will be a stupid one, but the truth is something the conference can not say publicly: they are padding their schedules to give both of them the best opportunity to rack up an undefeated season.
02-13-2014 04:46 PM
UCF_SystemsEng Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
....or....the AAC set the schedule for minimal disruptions when UCF leaves for the BigXII.
02-13-2014 07:40 PM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(02-13-2014 07:40 PM)UCF_SystemsEng Wrote:  ....or....the AAC set the schedule for minimal disruptions when UCF leaves for the BigXII.

Right after ECU leaves for the SEC... 07-coffee3
02-13-2014 07:51 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
More then likely to give the AAC two shots at the Access Bowl Slot...07-coffee3
02-13-2014 08:51 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(02-13-2014 08:51 PM)Maize Wrote:  More then likely to give the AAC two shots at the Access Bowl Slot...07-coffee3

03-idea
02-13-2014 08:57 PM
Advertisement

NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
(02-13-2014 08:51 PM)Maize Wrote:  More then likely to give the AAC two shots at the Access Bowl Slot...07-coffee3

Honestly, Houston has a better shot than us. This upcoming season was supposed to be "our year", but now it's in limbo until we see what our rookie QB (whoever it might be) can do, especially against the likes of Mizzou and Penn St. Meanwhile, Houston returns a lot of people and has an awful OOC schedule.
02-14-2014 02:03 AM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
(02-13-2014 07:51 PM)apex_pirate Wrote:  
(02-13-2014 07:40 PM)UCF_SystemsEng Wrote:  ....or....the AAC set the schedule for minimal disruptions when UCF leaves for the BigXII.

Right after ECU leaves for the SEC... 07-coffee3

Or HOUSTON to the PAC

Never mind; hope we all make this conference, 5th best. 07-coffee3
02-14-2014 02:14 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(02-13-2014 04:46 PM)Lord2FLI Wrote:  Every excuse the conference gives will be a stupid one, but the truth is something the conference can not say publicly: they are padding their schedules to give both of them the best opportunity to rack up an undefeated season.

Exactly right. If the conf thinks these are the 2 best shots at an 11-1 or 12-0 season, why put them together, where one can be the spoiler for the other. The American still has a brand to build, and next year is a big part of that building process.
02-14-2014 07:58 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(02-13-2014 04:46 PM)Lord2FLI Wrote:  Every excuse the conference gives will be a stupid one, but the truth is something the conference can not say publicly: they are padding their schedules to give both of them the best opportunity to rack up an undefeated season.

An excellent reason, in my book and fine with me. The AAC needs to use every trick possible to firmly entrench itself as a premiere conference in the public's mind. We have been crapped upon by the P5 cartel and ESPN - a no holds barred approach is now in order. AAC! AAC! AAC!
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2014 09:20 AM by Gray Avenger.)
02-14-2014 09:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uccheese Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
(02-14-2014 07:58 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  

Exactly right. If the conf thinks these are the 2 best shots at an 11-1 or 12-0 season, why put them together, where one can be the spoiler for the other. The American still has a brand to build, and next year is a big part of that building process.

Not that it's a big deal, but the only inconvenient thing about this from a fans standpoint (besides not seeing a good game) is it puts in a position where we really need to be rooting against each other OOC. I would much prefer to root for UCF knowing that it would be decided on the field between us. Knowing that it's got a good chance to come down to tiebreaker (whether we tie at 8-0 or 7-1 or whatever) it's pretty much a nobrainer that we need each other to lose any chance we get whether OOC or not.
02-14-2014 10:00 AM
Advertisement

Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
(02-14-2014 10:00 AM)uccheese Wrote:  

Not that it's a big deal, but the only inconvenient thing about this from a fans standpoint (besides not seeing a good game) is it puts in a position where we really need to be rooting against each other OOC. I would much prefer to root for UCF knowing that it would be decided on the field between us. Knowing that it's got a good chance to come down to tiebreaker (whether we tie at 8-0 or 7-1 or whatever) it's pretty much a nobrainer that we need each other to lose any chance we get whether OOC or not.

I'm really not trying to start a pissing match and yes I'm a homer but I'm pretty sure that this is gonna be a non-issue because ECU should be taking the crown this year. UCF will struggle without Bortles & Johnson (those are big losses regardless how many players return) and they have to come to G'ville. And Cincinnati, did you see what we did on the road to that UNC team that you guys faced in a bowl game?

With Shane Carden and Hardy back in the fold, an improving defense, and a receiving core that will be twice as good as what we had when the season ended, excuse me for feeling confident.
02-14-2014 10:32 AM
True Bearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati

I would rather UCF win all their OOC games, and one of our conference brothers take them down.
02-14-2014 10:33 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
Can 2 teams no make access bowls?
02-14-2014 10:41 AM
uccheese Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
(02-14-2014 10:32 AM)Indiana Bones Wrote:  

I'm really not trying to start a pissing match and yes I'm a homer but I'm pretty sure that this is gonna be a non-issue because ECU should be taking the crown this year. UCF will struggle without Bortles & Johnson (those are big losses regardless how many players return) and they have to come to G'ville. And Cincinnati, did you see what we did on the road to that UNC team that you guys faced in a bowl game?

With Shane Carden and Hardy back in the fold, an improving defense, and a receiving core that will be twice as good as what we had when the season ended, excuse me for feeling confident.

Even if I knew UC would lose to ECU (which I think we'll be pretty decent favorites at home even if it isn't our real home field), I still think it's in our best interest to root against UCF. I get that we were terrible in the bowl game, but I'm having trouble imagining the scenerio where we do enough OOC against OSU, Miami, etc to be considered for access bowl but then lose a home game to ECU. Anything is possible though.
02-14-2014 10:58 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
Posted this in another thread. If the proposed ACC legislation regarding Conference Championships passes this Aug., why wouldn't the AAC petition to put into effect next year? If both Cincy and UCF go undefeated in conference, the championship game could be held at the highest ranked teams field. More $ and there would be no doubt who the best team in the G5 is.?
02-14-2014 11:07 AM
Advertisement

chrisiskingx Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
I just think this upcoming year will be a good year for a good portion of the league, not just a one team winner. I think it'll sort of be like what's happening in the AAC in basketball. I don't see USF, or any team really tripping against FCS or bottom tier teams. We all have great QBs playing for every team, and i believe it'll translate to a landmark season for the league.
02-14-2014 07:34 PM
Savacool Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulane
Since the Bearcats lost Bob Huggins they suck. Their basketball facilities are poor as they put all their money into football which is worst. What the hell is their new AD saying public to.the media recently.He wants out of the AAC. What an A Hole?
02-14-2014 09:59 PM
Lord2FLI Away
Peanut Vendor

I Root For: The End
(02-14-2014 09:59 PM)Savacool Wrote:  Since the Bearcats lost Bob Huggins they suck. Their basketball facilities are poor as they put all their money into football which is worst. What the hell is their new AD saying public to.the media recently.He wants out of the AAC. What an A Hole?

[Image: 6qn4u.gif]
02-14-2014 10:56 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(02-14-2014 09:59 PM)Savacool Wrote:  Since the Bearcats lost Bob Huggins they suck. Their basketball facilities are poor as they put all their money into football which is worst. What the hell is their new AD saying public to.the media recently.He wants out of the AAC. What an A Hole?

hey man...never go full retard
02-14-2014 11:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.