Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ok ... lets get it on ...
Bookmark and Share
PIRATE TERP Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ECU / MARYLAND
ok ... lets get it on ...
looking at TERPS schedule next year and including OOC I'm sayin we go 9-3 w/ losses to OSU , MSU and WISC ... gonna surprise our Midwest bretheren! ... who I gratefully gratefully thank for getting us away from the ACC!!! 04-rock05-stirthepot02-13-banana
02-13-2014 11:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SeaBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Michigan
RE: ok ... lets get it on ...
(02-13-2014 11:31 AM)PIRATE TERP Wrote:  who I gratefully gratefully thank for getting us away from the ACC!!! 04-rock05-stirthepot02-13-banana

Could you repeat that last part... Not sure if it means what I think it means.

You're happy about this?
02-13-2014 12:55 PM
PIRATE TERP Offline
Bench Warmer

most def!!! ... I am prob one of the few who have both thumbs up lolol ... yrs ago I wanted MD to join the BE & show unc and dook da door lolol ... kinda got that BE look partially ... in a backwards sorta way
02-13-2014 01:58 PM
Terps_N_Phoenix Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Maryland & Elon
Ok, first PT. Love having more Terps on here. Also love the enthusiasm but lets ease up on those horses just a bit. Lets look at the schedule

OOC
08/30 - James Madison
09/06 - at USF
09/13 - West Virginia
09/20 - at Syracuse

B1G Schedule
9/27: @ Indiana
10/4: Ohio State
10/18: Iowa
10/25: @ Wisconsin
11/1: @ Penn State
11/15: Michigan State
11/22: @ Michigan
11/29: Rutgers

I think we can go 4-0 in OOC but think we will drop one of WVU or 'Cuse. Leaning toward 'Cuse since it is away. They were a decent team last year but I don't know how much they lost (will gain with incoming freshmen). WVU was not that good (but better than the score would indicate from the game) last year and should be improved.

As for the B1G…I'm thinking it is more likely we beat teams who we are suppose to beat and lose to those that we're suppose to lose to. If we pull off an upset, FANTASTIC. I think our best shots at wins would be @ Indiana and Rutgers. Maybe an outside shot at PSU but with the reinstatement of scholarships, James Franklin and our all time record vs PSU…I wouldn't bet on it. I also had Iowa on the list originally but after looking at their 2013 record they were taken off. This isn't to say we can't beat them (or anyone else for that matter) but my first thoughts about them may have been wrong. Also, I say all this with out done research into what teams have lost in seniors/gained in freshmen. So, hope you enjoy it and if you can't tell…I'm a bit of a pessimist. On my good days I consider myself a realist. In conclusion (yes, I just went all High School paper on you) I see us struggling to get to 6 wins.
02-14-2014 12:30 PM
Advertisement

SeaBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Michigan
(02-14-2014 12:30 PM)Terps_N_Phoenix Wrote:  09/20 - at Syracuse

Does Syracuse play well at home? Most games in B1G are never easy on the road.
02-14-2014 01:29 PM
Terps_N_Phoenix Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-14-2014 01:29 PM)SeaBlue Wrote:  
(02-14-2014 12:30 PM)Terps_N_Phoenix Wrote:  09/20 - at Syracuse

Does Syracuse play well at home? Most games in B1G are never easy on the road.

From what I understand, the Carrier Dome is hot and loud. Plus they beat us this past year at our place. So, I hope we can get revenge at their place.

Road games are never easy. Regardless of conference.
02-14-2014 01:50 PM
PIRATE TERP Offline
Bench Warmer

just tryin to be pro-active and get us fired up ... on all sides ... sticking with 9-3 ... TERPS are comin B1G!!!
02-14-2014 05:28 PM
Advertisement

ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
Here's Ohio State's schedule:

Aug. 30 - vs. Navy (in Baltimore)
Sept. 6 - bye
Sept. 13 - Kent State
Sept. 20 - Virginia Tech
Sept. 27 - Cincinnati
Oct. 4 - at Maryland
Oct. 11 - bye
Oct. 18 - Rutgers
Oct. 25 - at Penn State
Nov. 1 - Illinois
Nov. 8 - at Michigan State
Nov. 15 - at Minnesota
Nov. 22 - Indiana
Nov. 29 - Michigan

Thoughts:
1. The bye weeks don't really stack up well. We get them both before our 2nd conference game.
2. We don't play a single team that was in the Big Ten in 1990 until November. That is going to feel like a weird season.
3. Week 1 could be a trap game. I really don't like opening the season on the road vs. anyone. Way too many upsets happen week 1 that I couldn't imagine happening a couple weeks later.
4. Two games in the state of Maryland next year.
5. My guess is that next year Ohio State ends up with 2 prime time games, vs. Virginia Tech and @ Penn State. (The Big Ten does not have night games in November).
6. Going into next year at the moment, I'd say @Michigan State looks like the toughest game on the schedule.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2014 11:07 PM by ohio1317.)
02-14-2014 11:06 PM
CintiFan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ohio St./ Cinti
(02-13-2014 11:31 AM)PIRATE TERP Wrote:  looking at TERPS schedule next year and including OOC I'm sayin we go 9-3 w/ losses to OSU , MSU and WISC ... gonna surprise our Midwest bretheren! ... who I gratefully gratefully thank for getting us away from the ACC!!! 04-rock05-stirthepot02-13-banana

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the B1G. Great to have Maryland as a member.

Looking at your schedule (thx for putting it out there Terps), here are my predictions:

OOC
08/30 - James Madison W for MD
09/06 - at USF W
09/13 - West Virginia W
09/20 - at Syracuse L

USF and WVa are quality teams, but I think MD handles them. That sets up a nice OOC schedule, except for Syracuse. I'd love to see you beat Syracuse, but it's a road game and considering the outcome from last year I don't see a win there.

B1G Schedule
9/27: @ Indiana L
10/4: Ohio State L
10/18: Iowa W
10/25: @ Wisconsin L
11/1: @ Penn State L
11/15: Michigan State L
11/22: @ Michigan L
11/29: Rutgers W

MD is in the tougher B1G division and has a hard freaking home schedule. Indiana is better than their record indicates from last year. A road win there is possible, but I think Indiana takes it. Iowa is also a tough team but MD's home field advantage helps get the victory. I don't see any upsets this year. Your home games are against the two teams that met in the B1G championship, Ohio State and Michigan St., both of which seem locked and loaded for another great year. It's tough to win road games, so I don't foresee any upsets this year, but maybe next year when you get Wisky, Penn and Michigan at home. A 5-7 record overall. Probably not what Md fans want, but something to build on.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2014 01:10 AM by CintiFan.)
02-15-2014 01:07 AM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
I'm not making predictions on Maryland or Rutgers but I am very much looking forward to watching you guys in your inaugural year in the Big Ten. Go Terps and Knights! (except when you play the Hawks.)
02-15-2014 06:25 PM
Advertisement

Terps_N_Phoenix Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-15-2014 01:07 AM)CintiFan Wrote:  
(02-13-2014 11:31 AM)PIRATE TERP Wrote:  looking at TERPS schedule next year and including OOC I'm sayin we go 9-3 w/ losses to OSU , MSU and WISC ... gonna surprise our Midwest bretheren! ... who I gratefully gratefully thank for getting us away from the ACC!!! 04-rock05-stirthepot02-13-banana

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the B1G. Great to have Maryland as a member.

Looking at your schedule (thx for putting it out there Terps), here are my predictions:

OOC
08/30 - James Madison W for MD
09/06 - at USF W
09/13 - West Virginia W
09/20 - at Syracuse L

USF and WVa are quality teams, but I think MD handles them. That sets up a nice OOC schedule, except for Syracuse. I'd love to see you beat Syracuse, but it's a road game and considering the outcome from last year I don't see a win there.

B1G Schedule
9/27: @ Indiana L
10/4: Ohio State L
10/18: Iowa W
10/25: @ Wisconsin L
11/1: @ Penn State L
11/15: Michigan State L
11/22: @ Michigan L
11/29: Rutgers W

MD is in the tougher B1G division and has a hard freaking home schedule. Indiana is better than their record indicates from last year. A road win there is possible, but I think Indiana takes it. Iowa is also a tough team but MD's home field advantage helps get the victory. I don't see any upsets this year. Your home games are against the two teams that met in the B1G championship, Ohio State and Michigan St., both of which seem locked and loaded for another great year. It's tough to win road games, so I don't foresee any upsets this year, but maybe next year when you get Wisky, Penn and Michigan at home. A 5-7 record overall. Probably not what Md fans want, but something to build on.

I had basically the same thing except for the Iowa & @Indiana. I was/am thinking Iowa loss and hoping for @Indiana win. But same result in terms of wins and losses.
02-15-2014 08:26 PM
Terps_N_Phoenix Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-15-2014 06:25 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  I'm not making predictions on Maryland or Rutgers but I am very much looking forward to watching you guys in your inaugural year in the Big Ten. Go Terps and Knights! (except when you play the Hawks.)

Well I am hoping to beat y'all this year. Not the same sport but we also need to avenge our loss to you in the NIT last year!
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2014 10:46 PM by Terps_N_Phoenix.)
02-15-2014 08:29 PM
PIRATE TERP Offline
Bench Warmer

absolutely great comments! ... so very excited for fall football in the B1G! ... TERPS still 9-304-bow05-stirthepot04-cheers
02-15-2014 09:14 PM
Advertisement

Terps_N_Phoenix Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-15-2014 09:14 PM)PIRATE TERP Wrote:  absolutely great comments! ... so very excited for fall football in the B1G! ... TERPS still 9-304-bow05-stirthepot04-cheers

196 days until next season. UGGGH!!!!!
02-15-2014 09:24 PM
Terps_N_Phoenix Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-14-2014 11:06 PM)ohio1317 Wrote:  Here's Ohio State's schedule:

Aug. 30 - vs. Navy (in Baltimore)
Sept. 6 - bye
Sept. 13 - Kent State
Sept. 20 - Virginia Tech
Sept. 27 - Cincinnati
Oct. 4 - at Maryland
Oct. 11 - bye
Oct. 18 - Rutgers
Oct. 25 - at Penn State
Nov. 1 - Illinois
Nov. 8 - at Michigan State
Nov. 15 - at Minnesota
Nov. 22 - Indiana
Nov. 29 - Michigan

Thoughts:
1. The bye weeks don't really stack up well. We get them both before our 2nd conference game.

2. We don't play a single team that was in the Big Ten in 1990 until November. That is going to feel like a weird season. Just think of it as a really long OOC schedule

3. Week 1 could be a trap game. I really don't like opening the season on the road vs. anyone. Way too many upsets happen week 1 that I couldn't imagine happening a couple weeks later.

4. Two games in the state of Maryland next year. If you have a chance, DC and all the monuments/history are great if you haven't done that before. I know the game is in Baltimore (not a big fan of that place) but check out Annapolis if you can. Beautiful.

5. My guess is that next year Ohio State ends up with 2 prime time games, vs. Virginia Tech and @ Penn State. (The Big Ten does not have night games in November).

6. Going into next year at the moment, I'd say @Michigan State looks like the toughest game on the schedule. Opponents from the west aren't too tough although Minnesota surprised some people. Neither VT nor Michigan is a given but they are both at your place. Seems like y'all have a good shot 11-1 if not an undefeated season.
02-15-2014 09:40 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
Can we get a countdown clock till Football?
02-16-2014 01:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.