02-12-2014 08:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thebearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: CINCINNATI's Home and Away schedule
3 bowl teams at home. 3 on the road.

very good schedule! lots of potentially very good...ah forget it.

lets go to the ACC!!!!!!

02-12-2014 08:59 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I hope we have fans who want to go to Paul Brown stadium to see the Bearcats, because no one is coming to see our six home opponents.

I hope I like going to Paul Brown enough to go to all the games. I would definitely be there at Nippert. I imagine I will be willing to go to the river for one season.

02-12-2014 10:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eastside cat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
I know, but please go. Will not be long lines to the bathrooms, and we will have a very good team.
(02-12-2014 10:15 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  I hope we have fans who want to go to Paul Brown stadium to see the Bearcats, because no one is coming to see our six home opponents.

I hope I like going to Paul Brown enough to go to all the games. I would definitely be there at Nippert. I imagine I will be willing to go to the river for one season.

02-12-2014 10:19 PM
gerhard911 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats!
Do not care for PBS but will be there because I love our Bearcats! Cannot wait for the renovated Nippert but will pay penance on the river to get back to campus.

02-12-2014 10:32 PM
dossbig Offline
1st String

I Root For: CINCINNATI
I will be there but I hate PBS. It takes to long to get out when crowded, but likely not a problem with that schedule.

02-13-2014 01:07 AM
Advertisement

dossbig Offline
1st String

(02-12-2014 08:29 PM)True Bearcat Wrote:  HOME

Sept 13 Toledo
Sept 20 Miami
TBA East Carolina
TBA South Florida
TBA Houston
TBA Memphis

AWAY

Sept 27 Ohio State
Oct 11 Miami
TBA Connecticut
TBA Southern Methodist
TBA Temple
TBA Tulane

Perhaps a fall road trip to the Big Easy.

02-13-2014 01:08 AM
dossbig Offline
1st String

HOME

Sept 13 Toledo-Win
Sept 20 Miami-Win
TBA East Carolina-Win
TBA South Florida-Win
TBA Houston-Win
TBA Memphis-Win

AWAY

Sept 27 Ohio State-Loss
Oct 11 Miami-Loss
TBA Connecticut-Win
TBA Southern Methodist-Loss
TBA Temple-Win
TBA Tulane-Win

Final Record 9-3 and a trip to the POS Bowl (staying at Home after every trip in last 7 years). Finish 2nd behind UCF at 7-1 to UCF 8-0

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2014 01:15 AM by dossbig.)
02-13-2014 01:13 AM
handwaver Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: cincinnati
Best team in our "league" is Central Florida. We don't even play them? We didn't play them this past year either. What's up with that? That's a game even perhaps a non-AAC fan might tune in for. Think anybody wants to watch Memphis/Temple?

The league is a joke. Nice basketball league, as a football league the GCL high school is more exciting.

02-13-2014 06:20 AM
cmhcat Offline
Special Teams

If this league is such a joke then we should have no problem dominating--right? I'm not feeling as confident as everyone here about that. The first three home games should fetch us 30k attends. After that it will depend on how we're doing. I'll be at all since I am a UC football fan.

02-13-2014 08:35 AM
Teakwood Offline
2nd String

I Root For: All Bearcats
(02-13-2014 08:35 AM)cmhcat Wrote:  If this league is such a joke then we should have no problem dominating--right? I'm not feeling as confident as everyone here about that. The first three home games should fetch us 30k attends. After that it will depend on how we're doing. I'll be at all since I am a UC football fan.

Actually, yes we should dominate. Some of the teams aren't bad, but none of them are good. I'm still a bit floored that a league which has a good history of back-loading the schedule to create meaningful, interesting match-ups for TV failed to have us play the only good team in the conference. If we don't run through this league with, at most, one hiccup it is an indictment on our team. I think we need to have very high expectations for the program, or it will go nowhere.

02-13-2014 09:02 AM
Advertisement

nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats
The opponents in this league stink no matter where UC plays them so I'll try to put a positive spin on this.

1. Paul Brown provides much better tailgating. The Longworth Hall lot is very big and it allows the UC tailgating crowd to gather in one place.
2. Paul Brown provides better seating. All chairbacks.
3. Paul Brown provides better concessions. More options and more concessions booths for a shorter time in line.
4. Paul Brown provides better restroom in quantity and quality. No more waiting 20 minutes in line for a porta-john.

02-13-2014 09:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
I don't mind PBS for 1 season, however teams like ECU, Houston, USF, UCF can all play with or beat UC.
The schedule sets up pretty well. Besides UCF, 3 dangerous teams we get at home, ECU, Houston and USF.
1/2 of this conference bit the bullet and started Freshman QBs last season, those teams will be better next season.

02-13-2014 09:36 AM
uccheese Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
(02-13-2014 08:35 AM)cmhcat Wrote:  If this league is such a joke then we should have no problem dominating--right? I'm not feeling as confident as everyone here about that. The first three home games should fetch us 30k attends. After that it will depend on how we're doing. I'll be at all since I am a UC football fan.

I'm pretty confident. I honestly think Toledo is our 3rd hardest game ahead of every conference game. Not having a single slip-up is hard (see USF last year) and we probably need to go 8-0 to win the league.

02-13-2014 09:45 AM
cinbinsportsfan Offline
Heisman

(02-13-2014 09:45 AM)uccheese Wrote:  

I'm pretty confident. I honestly think Toledo is our 3rd hardest game ahead of every conference game. Not having a single slip-up is hard (see USF last year) and we probably need to go 8-0 to win the league.

I think having ECU at home helps but that game won't be easy for Cincinnati. I'd put the Pirates as one tough out for the Bearcats and the single biggest challenge to UC running the table in the conference. Shane Carden is one heck of a quarterback.

02-13-2014 09:53 AM
Bearcat Otto Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(02-13-2014 09:02 AM)Teakwood Wrote:  

Actually, yes we should dominate. Some of the teams aren't bad, but none of them are good. I'm still a bit floored that a league which has a good history of back-loading the schedule to create meaningful, interesting match-ups for TV failed to have us play the only good team in the conference. If we don't run through this league with, at most, one hiccup it is an indictment on our team. I think we need to have very high expectations for the program, or it will go nowhere.

League history??? What history?

The conference is one year old!

02-13-2014 09:54 AM
Advertisement

dossbig Offline
1st String

(02-13-2014 09:26 AM)nachoman91 Wrote:  The opponents in this league stink no matter where UC plays them so I'll try to put a positive spin on this.

1. Paul Brown provides much better tailgating. The Longworth Hall lot is very big and it allows the UC tailgating crowd to gather in one place.
2. Paul Brown provides better seating. All chairbacks.
3. Paul Brown provides better concessions. More options and more concessions booths for a shorter time in line.
4. Paul Brown provides better restroom in quantity and quality. No more waiting 20 minutes in line for a porta-john.

Some validity but I go to watch the game. At NIP my chairback seats are 47 yard line row 29 section 107. At PBS they give me some too low seats at 40 yard line.

I really go to the game to watch the game and not to piss (learn to hold your water) or to eat. I eat before or after games at a real restaurant even good stadium food is mediocre. A beer or coke taste the same at either. Getting to or from my car is much easier at NIP where I get free parking versus $10 - 20 downtown.

02-13-2014 10:08 AM
Teakwood Offline
2nd String

I Root For: All Bearcats
(02-13-2014 09:54 AM)Bearcat Otto Wrote:  
(02-13-2014 09:02 AM)Teakwood Wrote:  

League history??? What history?

The conference is one year old!

I'm speaking of administration...Mike Aresco and company, and Tranghese before that.

02-13-2014 10:21 AM
indycat Offline
1st String

Yes, again, this just screams ignorance or incompetance of AAC leadership. Why wouldn't you want UC vs. UCF in late November and be pushing it as the showcase game of the American season for ABC? It just might move your best team up into an unfillable spot in a P5 level bowl instead of the third tier tie-ins. If there is a plausible explanation I'm willing to listen.

02-13-2014 10:53 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(02-13-2014 09:53 AM)cinbinsportsfan Wrote:  
(02-13-2014 09:45 AM)uccheese Wrote:  

I think having ECU at home helps but that game won't be easy for Cincinnati. I'd put the Pirates as one tough out for the Bearcats and the single biggest challenge to UC running the table in the conference. Shane Carden is one heck of a quarterback.

I think ECU has everyone back from last year. Toledo loses Terrence Owens and Bernard Reedy. ECU had no problem beating NC State, North Carolina, and they lost by 5 in Blacksburg.

02-13-2014 11:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.