02-06-2014 12:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
RE: New column: Bearcats Add Speed Despite Travel Slowdowns
(02-06-2014 12:17 PM)Dan Hoard Wrote:  http://www.gobearcats.com/blog/2014/02/-...an-32.html

Great article Dan! I like the emphasis on speed and athleticism. TT seems extremely high on this class and I loved the quotes below:

Quote:"I spent nearly 10 years at Miami and not one time was our recruiting class ranked in the Top 25, but we won three national championships" said Tuberville. "The bottom line is, when you get to about a three star prospect they're all about the same. You can't measure heart - if you could do that then you could really put a star on a kid. But you can't tell how much determination and what kind of work ethic he'll have while he's with you. If you could do that, you would never lose a game."

02-06-2014 12:27 PM
CDS86 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
Extremely high praise for Carter Jacobs. For those who have seen his film, is he that much better than what we have coming back?

02-06-2014 12:34 PM
Advertisement

Racinejake Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(02-06-2014 12:34 PM)CDS86 Wrote:  Extremely high praise for Carter Jacobs. For those who have seen his film, is he that much better than what we have coming back?

I assume Jacobs would play OLB for us. Probably still needs to put on a little more weight to be effective at that position. Not sure he'd be in the mix right away but who knows. If he plays SS then maybe he can get on the field. Will depend on how he does in coverage. Kid has a nose for the ball and is a tackling machine.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2014 12:52 PM by Racinejake.)
02-06-2014 12:46 PM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
(02-06-2014 12:46 PM)Racinejake Wrote:  
(02-06-2014 12:34 PM)CDS86 Wrote:  Extremely high praise for Carter Jacobs. For those who have seen his film, is he that much better than what we have coming back?

I assume Jacobs would play OLB for us. Probably still needs to put on a little more weight to be effective at that position. Not sure he'd be in the mix right away but who knows. If he plays SS then maybe he can get on the field. Will depend on how he does in coverage. Kid has a nose for the ball and is a tackling machine.

If he can put on the weight, I like the idea of Jacobs taking over for Temple when he graduates.

02-06-2014 02:54 PM
Advertisement

Mark Wolfram Offline
2nd String

If they go to the 4-2-5 that Tubs talked about in the one interview I could see him getting onto the field next year with the tackling i saw.

02-06-2014 02:55 PM
eroc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
(02-06-2014 12:46 PM)Racinejake Wrote:  

in one of the gobearcats interviews, Coach Tubs said that Jacobs would help immediately. i imagine at safety.

02-06-2014 04:19 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Did TT just say that all the big schools in the SEC offered Jacobs? If so, why did UC's own release only list WKU, Miami (OH), Marshall and FAU?

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2014 04:23 PM by rath v2.0.)
02-06-2014 04:21 PM
CDS86 Offline
Special Teams

I think whoever put those graphics together just pulled the offer list from 247 or Scout or something... Which obviously aren't always updated.

02-06-2014 04:30 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Those top SEC schools may have made secret offers, too I suppose.

02-06-2014 04:45 PM
Mark Wolfram Offline
2nd String

They may have called and he just said don't bother sending one I am a BEARCAT.

02-06-2014 04:58 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
(02-06-2014 04:58 PM)Mark Wolfram Wrote:  They may have called and he just said don't bother sending one I am a BEARCAT.

Yeah I think there's definitely a semantics issue going on when terms like "uncommittable offer" or "soft verbal commitment" or whatever they say are commonplace - at least on recruiting sites. And I doubt most recruiters lead with an offer - especially from the so-called football elite and especially to kids who aren't already hyped. In fact, I suspect many of them like to have recruits "kiss the ring" for a bit first and nearly all of them try to make a production out of making an offer (e.g. at a 1:1 visit with the head coach) to make it seem all the more special. So if a kid shuts them down fairly early in the process the whole seduction and actual offer never takes place.

I'm not saying that's what happened with Jacobs. Could be bs or wildly exaggerated - who knows? Frankly I'm more impressed and interested by the quotes from the 2 NFL vets he had as coaches who reportedly called him "the most talented Safety they had ever seen coming out of high school." I hope that's true because that's some high praise.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2014 05:32 PM by Bearhawkeye.)
02-06-2014 05:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.