Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Super Bowl ads really stunk
Bookmark and Share
TIGERBANDIT Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Super Bowl ads really stunk
I haven't read anything on this, but man I thought the Super Bowl ads were the worst ever. There just wasn't any humor in them.

They all had these dramatic themes and were trying to make some artsy statement, but I remember just hoping they were over.

Two stood out to me:

The Coca-Cola ad seemed to try and make national headlines playing the "God Bless America." I thought this was them trying to tell me where they stood politically then about their product.

The American car ad that said to buy beer from Germany and phones from Asia was a pretty good pitch.
02-02-2014 11:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tigerbert Offline
Accept no substitutes

I Root For: Tiger Nation
RE: Super Bowl ads really stunk
The Broncos did a great job of telling us how not to show up for a Super Bowl
02-02-2014 11:28 PM
uofmcamaro Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Consistency
People complaining about the Coke ad are being ridiculous
02-02-2014 11:40 PM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
The Budwiser commercial with the Puppy and Horse was kind of cute but that's about it. They were pretty underwhelming overall just like the Denver offense.... and defense.
02-03-2014 08:02 AM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

I Root For: Memphis
(02-02-2014 11:17 PM)TIGERBANDIT Wrote:  I haven't read anything on this, but man I thought the Super Bowl ads were the worst ever. There just wasn't any humor in them.

They all had these dramatic themes and were trying to make some artsy statement, but I remember just hoping they were over.

Two stood out to me:

The Coca-Cola ad seemed to try and make national headlines playing the "God Bless America." I thought this was them trying to tell me where they stood politically then about their product.

The American car ad that said to buy beer from Germany and phones from Asia was a pretty good pitch.

One of Coke's most famous commercials is hilltop (I'd like to teach the world to sing). This commercial is much like that one.

Coca-Cola is also America's best worldwide brand ambassador.

People complaining about that ad are morons.
02-03-2014 10:11 AM
Advertisement

Phillip26r Offline
Deceptively Slow

I Root For: wile e coyote
(02-02-2014 11:17 PM)TIGERBANDIT Wrote:  I haven't read anything on this, but man I thought the Super Bowl ads were the worst ever. There just wasn't any humor in them.

Two stood out to me:

It was America the Beautiful, but who was paying attention anyway?

As far as the Chrysler ad, I really liked it. I saw some criticism of Dylan for "selling out" and that Budweiser and Weiss might have something to say about it, but it was probably my favorite ad of the night.
02-03-2014 10:32 AM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(02-03-2014 10:32 AM)Phillip26r Wrote:  

Two stood out to me:

As far as the Chrysler ad, I really liked it. I saw some criticism of Dylan for "selling out" and that Budweiser and Weiss might have something to say about it, but it was probably my favorite ad of the night.

Technically, isn't Budweiser owned by Belgians?
02-03-2014 10:46 AM
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators
Doritos time machine was pretty good I thought.
02-03-2014 11:10 AM
Phillip26r Offline
Deceptively Slow

I Root For: wile e coyote
Yeah I think so.
02-03-2014 11:10 AM
Advertisement

Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers

Two stood out to me:

Not a huge Chrysler buff, but I enjoyed seeing such an icon willing to speak to jobs in America. Simple point, I don' think he sold out. He doesn't need the money.
02-03-2014 11:15 AM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

(02-03-2014 11:15 AM)Tiger46 Wrote:  

Two stood out to me:

Not a huge Chrysler buff, but I enjoyed seeing such an icon willing to speak to jobs in America. Simple point, I don' think he sold out. He doesn't need the money.

x2 on this. He loves his home state.

I guess Prince is on deck for the Chyrsler commercial next year?
02-03-2014 11:18 AM
tigergreen Offline

I Root For: MEMPHIS
I liked the Radio Shack ad, but as a child of the 80's, I guess I should.
Totally agree that anyone complaining about the Coke ad is being ridiculous.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 11:26 AM by tigergreen.)
02-03-2014 11:26 AM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(02-03-2014 11:18 AM)JTiger Wrote:  

Two stood out to me:

Prince and Bob Dylan are from Minnesota, not michigan.
02-03-2014 11:35 AM
Advertisement

Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(02-03-2014 11:26 AM)tigergreen Wrote:  I liked the Radio Shack ad, but as a child of the 80's, I guess I should.

I just watched it in its entirety. LOVED IT. Especially it's self-deprecating humor.

Perfect for that retro bowl from the 80s last night.
02-03-2014 11:36 AM
Tiger21 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis/Bama
Dylan supposedly "sold out" when he started writing personal/introspective songs instead of protest music in 1964. Then again when he went electric in 65, country in 69, gospel in 79 and on and on. His music and he can do with it as he likes. The Chrysler spot was really good but I thought the Doritos commercials were the best again this year. Overall though, not an outstanding year for the commercials. Much like the game, kind of flat, unless of course you were a Seahawk fan.
02-03-2014 12:19 PM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

(02-03-2014 11:35 AM)Latilleon Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 11:18 AM)JTiger Wrote:  

Two stood out to me:

Prince and Bob Dylan are from Minnesota, not michigan.
Oops. I knew it was one or the other. I guessed wrong
02-03-2014 01:08 PM
Tigerbert Offline
Accept no substitutes

I Root For: Tiger Nation
(02-03-2014 11:26 AM)tigergreen Wrote:  I liked the Radio Shack ad, but as a child of the 80's, I guess I should.

co-signed
02-03-2014 03:09 PM
Advertisement

georgiatiger Offline
Axel

I Root For: Everyone
Donators
(02-03-2014 12:19 PM)Tiger21 Wrote:  Dylan supposedly "sold out" when he started writing personal/introspective songs instead of protest music in 1964. Then again when he went electric in 65, country in 69, gospel in 79 and on and on. His music and he can do with it as he likes. The Chrysler spot was really good but I thought the Doritos commercials were the best again this year. Overall though, not an outstanding year for the commercials. Much like the game, kind of flat, unless of course you were a Seahawk fan.

Sunday Morning addressed this. The Beatles were the Beatles by constantly reinventing themselves. It's the artists that stick with the same ole same ole that fade away.
02-04-2014 10:20 AM
SayWhat? Offline
All American

I Root For: CIVILITY & UofM
I thought the pistachio commercial with Stephen Colbert was funny and clever to be a two part commercial.

02-04-2014 02:42 PM
3810hFo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: TIGERS
(02-02-2014 11:17 PM)TIGERBANDIT Wrote:  The Coca-Cola ad seemed to try and make national headlines playing the "God Bless America." I thought this was them trying to tell me where they stood politically then about their product.

A large number of people were upset that the "National Anthem" was being sung in multiple languages. So, there's that.

(02-03-2014 11:36 AM)Latilleon Wrote:  

I just watched it in its entirety. LOVED IT. Especially it's self-deprecating humor.

Perfect for that retro bowl from the 80s last night.

Yep, loved it.
02-07-2014 03:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.