Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How do you like Wichita State now?
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
How do you like Wichita State now?
23-0 and looking stronger for a #1 seed.
02-01-2014 10:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
RE: How do you like Wichita State now?
Please stop with the incessant Wichita St posts!

COGS
02-01-2014 10:14 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(02-01-2014 10:12 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  23-0 and looking stronger for a #1 seed.

Let's revisit next year when they lose all their big men
02-01-2014 10:21 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Have they played anyone? I have not looked at their schedule but it seems like every highlight I see they are beating a procession of teams like Evansville. I get it. They can only play who is on the schedule.

However, I'll take the field/winner of that 8/9 seed game in my bracket. So will most of the country.
02-01-2014 10:26 PM
True Bearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
Do they have a FBS football team?
02-01-2014 10:36 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Ask me when they play another tournament-bound team...

I don't know about UC, UL, Memphis, or SMU fans, but I'm hoping UCONN finds itself in the region that has Wichita State as the #1 seed. I wouldn't be surprised if what Wichita State did to Gonzaga last year happens to Wichita State this year.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2013-03-29_at_3.28.45_PM.png]
02-01-2014 10:38 PM
Advertisement

eastside cat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
This is not the place for these updates. They are not coming into the AAC. Period.
02-01-2014 10:39 PM
st932253 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Knights
Are these threads a joke? It's not like we tried a hybrid conference and we don't know if it would be wildly successful or constant turmoil that would lead to two conferences much worse off the they would have been if they didn't hamper each others goals...
02-01-2014 10:42 PM
ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

I Root For: ECU
WuShock says thanks!

[Image: Wichita_State_Logo.png]
02-01-2014 11:03 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(02-01-2014 10:42 PM)st932253 Wrote:  Are these threads a joke? It's not like we tried a hybrid conference and we don't know if it would be wildly successful or constant turmoil that would lead to two conferences much worse off the they would have been if they didn't hamper each others goals...

The goal should be getting the best product on the field and on the court. The c-usa got gutted so it doesn't matter if you're all sports or hybrid. We need to get good teams so we can sell tv inventory and get into more markets for the next tv contacts. WSU along with VCU would generate a lot of NCAA credits.
02-01-2014 11:49 PM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
Pro: We have a slot 'available', due to Navy. We need quality, period. Since the Big East split we're being trashed as being mid-major or minor league. There are not many heavy hitters available, that would join us, in either FB or BB. Adding a major 'power' (if you call WS this...) is an obvious plus.

Con: Footprint issues, further subdividing TV $$ issues, market size... and we just generally don't want, or need, to expand now. Not just because someones having a hot year. From year to year, someone's always hot, but you can't just add everyone....
02-01-2014 11:53 PM
Advertisement

oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(02-01-2014 10:42 PM)st932253 Wrote:  Are these threads a joke? It's not like we tried a hybrid conference and we don't know if it would be wildly successful or constant turmoil that would lead to two conferences much worse off the they would have been if they didn't hamper each others goals...

Yeah, many of us can list conference after conference that either failed, folded, or became almost insignificant while we were members because of mixing olympic only athletic programs with real athletic programs that play football. This one dissolved before many of got here due to an inability to co-exist with us.
02-02-2014 12:06 AM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
Reality... If you don't bring nothing to the table $$$ you shouldn't be added, PERIOD.
02-02-2014 12:22 AM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
Their best win is St. Louis. Nothing more needs to be said.
02-02-2014 12:38 AM
illusionescape Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Texas, Houston
Do we even know if Wichita State (or any team for that matter) would even say yes if provided an AAC invite?
02-02-2014 06:30 AM
johnbragg Online
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
(02-02-2014 06:30 AM)illusionescape Wrote:  Do we even know if Wichita State (or any team for that matter) would even say yes if provided an AAC invite?

Well, they're in a conference that just became a one-bid league with zero media profile. The AAC would be a significant step up from the Missouri Valley in every way--competition, exposure, institutional profile. (At this point, a number of leagues would be plausible-but-unlikely moves for Wichita STate--AAC, Big East, A-10, Mountain West.)

A big question is do the AAC presidents want Wichita State as a peer. WSU is ranked as a "Tier 2" national university by US News, and I don't know exactly what that means, except that they have a 95% acceptance rate. So if Texas Tech trolls call UH "Cougar High", I don't know what you call Wichita State.
02-02-2014 06:52 AM
Advertisement

MrP3242 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U.Cincinnati
(02-01-2014 10:36 PM)True Bearcat Wrote:  Do they have a FBS football team?
No, Wichita State dropped football after the plane crash that killed the FB team.
02-02-2014 09:20 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(02-02-2014 09:20 AM)MrP3242 Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 10:36 PM)True Bearcat Wrote:  Do they have a FBS football team?
No, Wichita State dropped football after the plane crash that killed the FB team.

Actually, the plane crash happened in 1970 when one of two planes carrying the team crashed in Colorado (31 killed) but Wichita State still supported their football program till 1986.

When the Missouri Valley decided in 1985 to become a full fledge Div I-AA Conf...that was the end of Wichita State football as they didn't have a Div I-A home in 1986, which was their last year of football.

Their 31,000 seat stadium is still there on-campus and is the home to their track & field squads.

[Image: f8e3f5da74f26e3a53779fba1ccfb4015bb70beb...0x1000.png]
02-02-2014 09:42 AM
Melky Cabrera Offline
Bill Bradley

I Root For: UConn
(02-01-2014 11:53 PM)Bull Wrote:  Pro: We have a slot 'available', due to Navy. We need quality, period. Since the Big East split we're being trashed as being mid-major or minor league. There are not many heavy hitters available, that would join us, in either FB or BB. Adding a major 'power' (if you call WS this...) is an obvious plus.

Con: Footprint issues, further subdividing TV $$ issues, market size... and we just generally don't want, or need, to expand now. Not just because someones having a hot year. From year to year, someone's always hot, but you can't just add everyone....

VCU is the obvious non-FB program to add to share the Navy spot. NOT WSU.
02-02-2014 10:06 AM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(02-02-2014 10:06 AM)Melky Cabrera Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 11:53 PM)Bull Wrote:  Pro: We have a slot 'available', due to Navy. We need quality, period. Since the Big East split we're being trashed as being mid-major or minor league. There are not many heavy hitters available, that would join us, in either FB or BB. Adding a major 'power' (if you call WS this...) is an obvious plus.

VCU is the obvious non-FB program to add to share the Navy spot. NOT WSU.

Agree I'm not for adding anyone but VCU would get my vote if we were adding a non football member to match Navy.
02-02-2014 10:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.