Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dem Pollster: Fox News Americans Most Trusted News Source, MSNBC And NBC At Bottom
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Dem Pollster: Fox News Americans Most Trusted News Source, MSNBC And NBC At Bottom
[Image: xrly.jpg]

Heads are exploding at Media Matters.

PPP’s 5th annual poll about trust in TV news continues to find what it does every year: Fox News is both the most trusted and least trusted name in news.

35% of Americans say they trust Fox News more than any other TV news outlet, followed by 14% for PBS, 11% for ABC, 10% for CNN, 9% for CBS, 6% each for Comedy Central and MSNBC, and 3% for NBC. It leads the way because of its continuing near total support among Republicans as the place to go for news- 69% of Republicans say it’s their most trusted source with nothing else polling above 7%. Meanwhile Democrats are split between a lot of different outlets when it comes to who they have the most faith in- PBS at 21%, CNN and ABC at 18%, and CBS and MSNBC at 12% all poll in double digits. It’s interesting that while Fox News and MSNBC are often thought of as equivalent, Fox News is by far and away the most trusted source of GOP voters while MSNBC is only tied for 4th among Democrats.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/...-news.html
01-31-2014 12:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
RE: Dem Pollster: Fox News Americans Most Trusted News Source, MSNBC And NBC At Bottom
LMAO I love how they lumped MSNBC with Comedy Central.

It's a pretty accurate association.
01-31-2014 12:22 PM
Hitch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
RE: Dem Pollster: Fox News Americans Most Trusted News Source, MSNBC And NBC At Bottom
Good for Fox. Their business model is extremely successful.

But at what point does the right need to stop blaming "the media" for things when the biggest players are allies?
01-31-2014 12:33 PM
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I Root For: Liberty & ODU
(01-31-2014 12:33 PM)Hitch Wrote:  Good for Fox. Their business model is extremely successful.

But at what point does the right need to stop blaming "the media" for things when the biggest players are allies?

Maybe you didn't see this important tidbit:

Quote:followed by 14% for PBS, 11% for ABC, 10% for CNN, 9% for CBS, 6% each for Comedy Central and MSNBC, and 3% for NBC

Since you're probably bad at math, that's 59% of people who think some leftist hate mongerer is their best friend.
01-31-2014 01:24 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
If the people were correct, every source would have 0% next to it.
01-31-2014 01:47 PM
Hitch Offline
1st String

(01-31-2014 01:24 PM)Jerry Falwell Wrote:  
(01-31-2014 12:33 PM)Hitch Wrote:  Good for Fox. Their business model is extremely successful.

Quote:followed by 14% for PBS, 11% for ABC, 10% for CNN, 9% for CBS, 6% each for Comedy Central and MSNBC, and 3% for NBC

Since you're probably bad at math, that's 59% of people who think some leftist hate mongerer is their best friend.

You're right, Conservative media is at a 9% disadvantage in the trust department.

I think I'm just tired of conservatives having such a victim complex when it comes to the media.
01-31-2014 01:50 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(01-31-2014 12:18 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  [Image: xrly.jpg]

PPP’s 5th annual poll about trust in TV news continues to find what it does every year: Fox News is both the most trusted and least trusted name in news.

35% of Americans say they trust Fox News more than any other TV news outlet, followed by 14% for PBS, 11% for ABC, 10% for CNN, 9% for CBS, 6% each for Comedy Central and MSNBC, and 3% for NBC. It leads the way because of its continuing near total support among Republicans as the place to go for news- 69% of Republicans say it’s their most trusted source with nothing else polling above 7%. Meanwhile Democrats are split between a lot of different outlets when it comes to who they have the most faith in- PBS at 21%, CNN and ABC at 18%, and CBS and MSNBC at 12% all poll in double digits. It’s interesting that while Fox News and MSNBC are often thought of as equivalent, Fox News is by far and away the most trusted source of GOP voters while MSNBC is only tied for 4th among Democrats.

That certainly explains a lot about the ignorance of the American public.
01-31-2014 02:01 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-31-2014 01:50 PM)Hitch Wrote:  

You're right, Conservative media is at a 9% disadvantage in the trust department.

I think I'm just tired of conservatives having such a victim complex when it comes to the media.

Well, since it appears that everyone else can play the victim card to get what they want, why can't conservatives? C'mon, we are just trying to keep up with the Jonses'!
01-31-2014 02:02 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
Because if people trust it, it must mean it's trustworthy? That's just a silly conflation of those poll results.
01-31-2014 02:02 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-31-2014 02:01 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

Robert, for once you're correct. All those one's listed after Fox represent the ignorant ones. I assume Comedy Central is your "go to" news source, right?
01-31-2014 02:05 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(01-31-2014 02:05 PM)Crebman Wrote:  

Robert, for once you're correct. All those one's listed after Fox represent the ignorant ones. I assume Comedy Central is your "go to" news source, right?
I forgot to highlight the Fox part.
01-31-2014 02:06 PM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-31-2014 02:06 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(01-31-2014 02:05 PM)Crebman Wrote:  

I forgot to highlight the Fox part.

Dumba$$es forget to highlight the important part of their "funnyman" line............and end up appearing ignorant. But we already knew that about you........................................
01-31-2014 02:09 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Wait a second... didn't it also come out that the average Fox News viewer is also the most ill informed? So most trust ill informing news organization?

That isn't to say that CNN or MSNBC is any better. They all spin the news now... and in the case of Fox and MSNBC, they spin it directly to the views of their largest audience segments (Republican or Democrat). That is good enough reason for me to watch neither of those channels.
01-31-2014 02:12 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

There's a lot more to "media" than simply teevee channels.
01-31-2014 02:16 PM
Hitch Offline
1st String

(01-31-2014 02:16 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

Yup.

Everybody has equal access to internet media sites so that's really about free choice on the consumer part.

Radio? Well conservatives have an edge there with the proliferation of talk radio.

Newspaper? WSJ has a larger circulation than Washington Post and NY Times combined.
01-31-2014 02:19 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(01-31-2014 02:12 PM)mlb Wrote:  Wait a second... didn't it also come out that the average Fox News viewer is also the most ill informed? So most trust ill informing news organization?

That isn't to say that CNN or MSNBC is any better. They all spin the news now... and in the case of Fox and MSNBC, they spin it directly to the views of their largest audience segments (Republican or Democrat). That is good enough reason for me to watch neither of those channels.
That sums it up nicely.
01-31-2014 02:20 PM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(01-31-2014 02:19 PM)Hitch Wrote:  

Yup.

Everybody has equal access to internet media sites so that's really about free choice on the consumer part.

Radio? Well conservatives have an edge there with the proliferation of talk radio.

Newspaper? WSJ has a larger circulation than Washington Post and NY Times combined.

Don't try to reason with them, they watch fox.
01-31-2014 02:21 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

Yes. There are the rightwing radio conglomerates.
01-31-2014 02:22 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
(01-31-2014 01:47 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  If the people were correct, every source would have 0% next to it.

I know right, then we could all just turn off the news and live in ignorant bliss.
01-31-2014 02:22 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(01-31-2014 02:22 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  
(01-31-2014 01:47 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  If the people were correct, every source would have 0% next to it.

I know right, then we could all just turn off the news and live in ignorant bliss.
You live in ignorant bliss WHEN you watch the news. Maybe turning it off will make you wiser.
01-31-2014 02:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.