Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Boeing reveals “the biggest breakthrough in biofuels ever”
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Boeing reveals “the biggest breakthrough in biofuels ever”
http://www.energypost.eu/exclusive-repor...uels-ever/

Quote:For a number of years now, says Morgan, Boeing has been actively looking at how to help develop the biofuels market. They learned a lot as they went along. Morgan: “One of the lessons of early generation biofuels was: ignore stakeholder consequences at your peril.” He mentions corn ethanol as a “perfect example” of how NOT to do things. “There were policies in place before there was a clear understanding of the system. Look what happened. This is not a good environmental story and it is not a good economic story. This is so not what we’re looking at.”

“The biofuels that are now approved for use in aircraft are technically superior to kerosene jet fuel. There is no question about that”
“We took a play from that book and realized that is not the play we want to have”, he continues. “We realized we need to get ahead of the game in terms of understanding the right paths.”

Quote:“There is a trend going on in parts of the world, especially in North America, where there are alternative forms of crude being produced. The backpage story out there is that there is stuff in those fuels that appears to be causing problems in terms of contamination of jet fuel. There are additives that go into those types of crude that are getting through the refining system and into our supply and are actually causing problems for us. Our existing supply chain is increasingly being fed by these heavy forms of crude that are less jet-friendly, to put it simply.”

The new forms of crude “cause inefficiencies and problems in the system”, says Morgan. “That’s not a good trend. But we can’t do anything about it. The crude is where the crude is.” The aviation industry did ask oil companies to help them with their problem, but the oil suppliers, Morgan says, were not very helpful. “We are such a small market, the oil companies are not particularly motivated to help us with our problems. That’s fine. That’s their decision. So we realized we got to get ahead of this.” Later, Morgan says: “You know Shell, in the Netherlands, is just not supportive of biofuels. That’s fine, they don’t have to be, they have their own interests. But we have ours. We are going to move this.”
01-30-2014 10:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: Boeing reveals “the biggest breakthrough in biofuels ever”
Well.........good for them. Sometimes the only way to solve your problems is to fix it yourself.
01-30-2014 10:54 AM
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I Root For: Liberty & ODU
I hope the fighter jets can now fly in the sand.

LOL
01-30-2014 10:59 AM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Wow, what a horribly written article. I'm in a fury of rage.

Some things worth noting:

1. US Gov't restrictions on refineries have contributed to airlines' issues. Why not buy a refinery dedicated to their needs? Oh, b/c gov't won't let you.

2. Good criticism of ethanol. Funny that it still gets so much gov't subsidy.

3. Interesting that they have to bribe WWF and others in order to proceed.

4. This is still a long way from a breakthrough. A really long way. Far too much hype.

5. Studying halophytes isn't new by any stretch.
01-30-2014 11:18 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(01-30-2014 11:18 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  Wow, what a horribly written article. I'm in a fury of rage.

Some things worth noting:

1. US Gov't restrictions on refineries have contributed to airlines' issues. Why not buy a refinery dedicated to their needs? Oh, b/c gov't won't let you.

2. Good criticism of ethanol. Funny that it still gets so much gov't subsidy.

3. Interesting that they have to bribe WWF and others in order to proceed.

4. This is still a long way from a breakthrough. A really long way. Far too much hype.

5. Studying halophytes isn't new by any stretch.

Dr. Torch in a fury of rage........surprising. 07-coffee3
01-30-2014 11:22 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(01-30-2014 11:22 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Dr. Torch in a fury of rage........surprising. 07-coffee3

imbizzle, did you just miss the joke? And thus boast that you're a fool?

Huh.
01-30-2014 11:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.