Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Baretta leaving MD for TN
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I Root For: Liberty & ODU
Baretta leaving MD for TN
VA's electorate scared off Baretta and TN was chosen instead.

While Terrence and his gang of crooks talk about which laws they will choose to enforce, gun restrictions & fag marriage, the jobs are going elsewhere. Bravo idiots.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/30/mar...latestnews

Quote:Italian gun maker Beretta said Wednesday that Tennessee's support for gun rights was a major factor in its decision to build a manufacturing and research facility in the Nashville suburb of Gallatin.

The $45 million plant is projected to be complete this year and create 300 new jobs.

Gun rights were "the first criteria for deciding to even consider a state," said Jeff Reh, a member of Beretta USA Corp.'s board of directors.
01-30-2014 08:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: Baretta leaving MD for TN
Outstanding! I'll consider a Baretta for my next purchase.
01-30-2014 10:46 AM
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I'd recommend the CX4 storm in .45ACP. It's like an updated M1 Carbine with bigger bullets.

[Image: Berettastorm-1.jpg]
01-30-2014 10:55 AM
Hitch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
I'm not surprised. I doubt O'Malley is upset over losing gun jobs and more than Perry is upset over the job losses from abortion clinic closings. They both consider those jobs as collateral damage to their policies and will push regulations over jobs if it checks the right partisan boxes.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2014 11:20 AM by Hitch.)
01-30-2014 11:19 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Baretta and MD have a long history. Too bad for MD. Kudos to TN. I heard TX was in the running. Fine weapons, Baretta.
01-31-2014 03:29 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(01-30-2014 11:19 AM)Hitch Wrote:  I'm not surprised. I doubt O'Malley is upset over losing gun jobs and more than Perry is upset over the job losses from abortion clinic closings. They both consider those jobs as collateral damage to their policies and will push regulations over jobs if it checks the right partisan boxes.

Boy, this certainly speaks volumes hunh? Perry will welcome a new factory and American Manufacturing, while that clown O'Malley would push policies to advocate the killing of babies.

That aside, how many abortion clinics have been forced to close in Texas? Hadn't heard of this "job loss", though I am relieved it's happened if true.
01-31-2014 03:53 PM
Advertisement

Hitch Offline
1st String

(01-31-2014 03:53 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(01-30-2014 11:19 AM)Hitch Wrote:  I'm not surprised. I doubt O'Malley is upset over losing gun jobs and more than Perry is upset over the job losses from abortion clinic closings. They both consider those jobs as collateral damage to their policies and will push regulations over jobs if it checks the right partisan boxes.

Boy, this certainly speaks volumes hunh? Perry will welcome a new factory and American Manufacturing, while that clown O'Malley would push policies to advocate the killing of babies.

That aside, how many abortion clinics have been forced to close in Texas? Hadn't heard of this "job loss", though I am relieved it's happened if true.

http://www.texasobserver.org/abortion-cl...erate-now/
Quote: An emergency ruling by the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals upholding House Bill 2 had made it illegal for doctors to perform abortions in Texas without admitting privileges to nearby hospitals. As a result, up to a third of abortion clinics had suddenly closed.

Government regulators shutting down small businesses.

My point is, the governors don't care about the jobs at stake, they care about the larger social issue.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 04:02 PM by Hitch.)
01-31-2014 04:01 PM
NIUAlum90 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
(01-31-2014 04:01 PM)Hitch Wrote:  

Quote: An emergency ruling by the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals upholding House Bill 2 had made it illegal for doctors to perform abortions in Texas without admitting privileges to nearby hospitals. As a result, up to a third of abortion clinics had suddenly closed.

My point is, the governors don't care about the jobs at stake, they care about the larger social issue.

Why do you hate babies? You were one once.
01-31-2014 04:05 PM
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

(01-31-2014 04:05 PM)NIUAlum90 Wrote:  Why do you hate babies? You were one once.

Leftists pick on babies because they can't fight back and Christians because they aren't expected to fight back. One day they'll read Psalm 144.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2014 04:06 PM by Jerry Falwell.)
01-31-2014 04:06 PM
Hitch Offline
1st String

(01-31-2014 04:05 PM)NIUAlum90 Wrote:  

Why do you hate babies? You were one once.

This has nothing to do with babies. My abortion clinic example was to drive the point home that baretta moving out of maryland is considered a "win" regardless of the jobs lost.

Just like shutting down abortion clinics is considered a "win" regardless of the jobs lost.
01-31-2014 04:09 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
I'm amazed at how everyone in this thread has consistently spelled Beretta's name incorrectly. Literally everyone, despite the name of the company being in the story quote in the first post.
01-31-2014 04:22 PM
Advertisement

Hitch Offline
1st String

(01-31-2014 04:22 PM)Niner National Wrote:  I'm amazed at how everyone in this thread has consistently spelled Beretta's name incorrectly. Literally everyone, despite the name of the company being in the story quote in the first post.

Totally valid criticism. I just used Jerry's spelling from the thread title.
01-31-2014 04:24 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
I prefer Sig Arms, but hey, more jobs. (for Nashville that is)
01-31-2014 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Silly, though I am not upset that Tennessee has more jobs coming in.
01-31-2014 08:30 PM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

You can blame the abortion clinics shutting down in the docs not wanting to care for their patients in case one goes wrong. All they need is admitting privileges at a local hospital, which is easy to get and should be required if you're going to perform a surgical procedure on anyone.
01-31-2014 08:59 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
The Beretta plant is in Southern Maryland, in Stenny Hoyer land. What is amazing is the moral duplicity at work here. As a former resident of Waldorf, MD, Beretta was always a responsible and drama-free manufacturer of arms that produced legal merchandise and good jobs for the area. Within a 10 mile radius, there must be 6 or 7 "asian massage parlors" providing illegal prostitution services provided by 21st-century sex slaves, against their will, with seemingly little public outrage to their plight. So in the eyes of O'Malley, a legal business producing a viable product is not a preferred business for Maryland, but the traffikcing and exploitation of human sex slaves in the same area are of little concern.

F'n politically-expedient hypocrites.
01-31-2014 10:54 PM
Advertisement

Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

I Root For: nothing

I will always take the side that seeks to protect life than that which seeks to destroy it.
01-31-2014 11:09 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Billboard in Colorado

[Image: OvjC9HL.jpg]
02-01-2014 08:04 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
They will not be the last to bail from a blue state to a more favorable climate in a red state.

http://www.wistv.com/story/24604154/econ...gun-valley

Quote:Ask Gov. Nikki Haley and she'll tell you the Palmetto State is becoming known as the "Beast of the Southeast" when it comes to manufacturing. But in 2013, gun manufacturers made their mark on the state, and there's no sign that's about to slow down.

Just ask Josh Fiorini who says new gun laws in his home state of Connecticut almost put him out of business.

"It just created a lot of uncertainty around the business of creating firearms, and really put our employees in a position where they're looking at criminal charges for doing their job," said Fiorini.

It wasn't long before 43 other states began vying for Hosh's business. In the end, the lure of the beach and the pro-gun political climate in South Carolina was too much for him to resist.

"When you do legislation that goes against a company like that, we've got two or three of them now because of that. Our goal is to stay out of the way of business," said Haley.

Quote:Josh's company, PTR, was the third gun manufacturer to relocate to South Carolina in 2013 and the industry's impact is creating opportunity and growth.

"That adds another 2,200 jobs to the state," said Steve Sanetti with the National Shooting Sports Foundation. "The total effect of the economy annually is approximately more than $270 million a year."
02-01-2014 12:42 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
I can understand why Beretta would want to move to a more business friendly environment, but what difference does it make where they make their guns when they can be shipped to any state they want to ship them to? Politics usually isn't involved in making sound business decisions - or at least it shouldn't be. I could understand if MD was busting balls over their business and how they make their guns, but even after they move, the personal gun restrictions in MD would still be in place. Did MD do something to upset the business environment of Beretta which would make doing business more difficult or is this purely an ideological decision?
02-01-2014 01:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.