Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Isaiah Sykes
anothertigerfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: T.I.G.E.R.S
Isaiah Sykes
Very, very good player. He made me throw crap at the TV about a dozen times. NBA caliber player?
01-29-2014 09:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
RE: Isaiah Sykes
(01-29-2014 09:25 PM)anothertigerfan Wrote:  Very, very good player. He made me throw crap at the TV about a dozen times. NBA caliber player?

Too bad we don't have a team competent enough to help him.

One of our players was 0-12 from the field.
01-29-2014 09:26 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
We have a tendency to get killed by great wings this year. Hancock. Pepper. Daniels. Sykes. Couple others. Good game UCF. Whew.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2014 09:36 PM by TripleA.)
01-29-2014 09:35 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(01-29-2014 09:26 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(01-29-2014 09:25 PM)anothertigerfan Wrote:  Very, very good player. He made me throw crap at the TV about a dozen times. NBA caliber player?

Too bad we don't have a team competent enough to help him.

One of our players was 0-12 from the field.

I think that Newell was officially 0-11, but you're point is a good one. Sykes played lights out but but he was carrying a big-time load for everyone. Actually, that game was played closer than many thought it would be.

Donnie Jones reached for a bottle of water during the post game presser and Shaq Goodwin swatted it away before Donnie could reach it. J/K Shaq had a good series of blocks at the end of the game, which was pretty impressive with the number of fouls he had.
01-29-2014 09:42 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
Newell should never play another game. The new lineup should be Sykes, Williams, Spurlock, Blair, McCrory.
01-29-2014 09:44 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(01-29-2014 09:44 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Newell should never play another game. The new lineup should be Sykes, Williams, Spurlock, Blair, McCrory.

This would imply that Donnie Jones has a clue.
01-29-2014 09:48 PM
Advertisement

Geotag Offline
Banned

I Root For: Defense
Who was that truck on your team throwing or guards on the ground with those illegal picks.
01-29-2014 09:55 PM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
(01-29-2014 09:55 PM)Geotag Wrote:  Who was that truck on your team throwing or guards on the ground with those illegal picks.

Stephon Blair and Justin McBride are our big guys. Blair is developing nicely. McBride is really out of shape as he rehab'd his ACL injury from last year. He's a load at 6'10"/310lbs. If he can get into shape and regain some mobility, he'll be am interesting player to watch. For now he's a real project and probably shouldnt be playing till he gets his cardio back. Just IMO. Good game tonight by your Tigers.
01-29-2014 10:48 PM
Mike the Knight Offline
I Bleed Black & Gold

I Root For: UCF
(01-29-2014 09:55 PM)Geotag Wrote:  Who was that truck on your team throwing or guards on the ground with those illegal picks.

Lol. Justin McBurger...err McBride. Freshman 6'10" 340 lbs. just started getting a few minutes per game the last couple of weeks. Def needs to drop some weight and get into playing shape for next season. He's coming off an injury. Curious to see what he can do m
01-29-2014 10:48 PM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
Isaiah Sykes
He's been elite for years.
01-29-2014 10:55 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

(01-29-2014 10:55 PM)tnzazz Wrote:  He's been elite for years.

He's been a lot of fun to watch over the years...as UCF fans have been able to see him turn into a really good hoop player.

When he arrived at UCF...he was an athletic raw kid who was a good defender but that's about it.

He averaged just 1.9 pts per game in CUSA Play as a true freshmen with just 7 assists during that conf play during his 1st year.

He is currently the only AAC player in the top 15 in the league statistics in scoring, rebounding, assists, steals and field-goal percentage...even though every opposing team knows he is the #1, #2, #3 and probably #4 scoring option.

Sykes hits the floor more than most football players hit the dirt...and seeing him take on almost entire teams (they know he wants to drive the ball to the hoop but when Sykes is on...he can still get there driving by 2 or 3 defenders).

Its a bummer he doesn't have much help on the offensive (or even defensive ends) but he is a great reason why going to UCF Hoop games is well worth the price of admission...as the kid gives his all...and that's all any fan can ask for.
01-30-2014 05:39 AM
Advertisement

ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
NBA caliber? Probably not
01-30-2014 06:28 AM
Tigermaniac Offline
BBB Enthusiast

I Root For: Memphis/Army
(01-30-2014 06:28 AM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  NBA caliber? Probably not

Last season I watched him play a lot. After our game I said he was going to the NBA and I am sticking to that. There is something to be said about being a dominant player. Not just against the Florida Atlantic's of the world but the Louisville's, Memphis' and everyone else.

He is a beast and I really hope he makes it. He's a lot of fun to watch. I can say that now that our game is over lol.
01-30-2014 09:09 AM
Psicosis Online
Remain in Light

I Root For: Memphis

Crappies
Newell had a realllly bad night, yeah.

Always glad to get out of Orlando with a W, especially since Sykes was exerting his will like that last night.
01-30-2014 09:35 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF

He could be a first rounder. He will be an ideal lock down defender that you place opposite a DWade. The question is what position does he play? PG or SF.
01-30-2014 10:25 AM
Knights_of_UCF Offline
Heisman

Sykes could play nba it'll be an uphill battle. His biggest knock is FT shooting and for a guy who drives the lane as well as he does he really needs to improve. Can rebound as well as anyone in the country at his position, is a capable defender, can dribble well. He has improved his shot but really he hasn't even needed it. Scored 24 last night only taking 3 jump shots. He has tremendous body control and is a great finisher.

As for Newell, he plays because he is our best defender and the only one who could somewhat slow down joe Jackson. Goodwin got torched early. I just wish Newell would stop shooting the ball.

Shaq Goodwin was a beast. He has really blossomed from last year to this year. His ft shooting is UGLY. That coming from a ucf fan, we know terrible ft shooting.

Memphis had a guy listed at 6'10 310 play some minutes i was hoping to see him matched up with mcbride. Never seen two 300 pounders go after it.

Mcbride set a nasty screen but it was legal. Blame Memphis teammates for not calling it out. Not like mcbride is fast or snuck up on the screen.

Cinci is still the class of the league (remember geotag said they couldn't compete? Lol) but Memphis UL uconn and smu could all win and I wouldn't be surprised.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2014 10:48 AM by Knights_of_UCF.)
01-30-2014 10:47 AM
Advertisement

Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
He is very talented and an excellent driver but he wil need to become a better outside shooter and FT shooter to play in NBA. He will not be as dominant on the drive vs NBA players that are stronger and faster than what he faces now and that wont have to fear hos outside shooting
01-30-2014 10:57 AM
Geotag Offline
Banned

I Root For: Defense
(01-30-2014 10:47 AM)Knights_of_UCF Wrote:  Sykes could play nba it'll be an uphill battle. His biggest knock is FT shooting and for a guy who drives the lane as well as he does he really needs to improve. Can rebound as well as anyone in the country at his position, is a capable defender, can dribble well. He has improved his shot but really he hasn't even needed it. Scored 24 last night only taking 3 jump shots. He has tremendous body control and is a great finisher.

As for Newell, he plays because he is our best defender and the only one who could somewhat slow down joe Jackson. Goodwin got torched early. I just wish Newell would stop shooting the ball.

Shaq Goodwin was a beast. He has really blossomed from last year to this year. His ft shooting is UGLY. That coming from a ucf fan, we know terrible ft shooting.

Memphis had a guy listed at 6'10 310 play some minutes i was hoping to see him matched up with mcbride. Never seen two 300 pounders go after it.

Mcbride set a nasty screen but it was legal. Blame Memphis teammates for not calling it out. Not like mcbride is fast or snuck up on the screen.

Cinci is still the class of the league (remember geotag said they couldn't compete? Lol) but Memphis UL uconn and smu could all win and I wouldn't be surprised.

Holy crap I never said Cincy couldn't compete. Stop starting mess you UCF troll
01-30-2014 10:58 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(01-30-2014 09:09 AM)Tigermaniac Wrote:  

Last season I watched him play a lot. After our game I said he was going to the NBA and I am sticking to that. There is something to be said about being a dominant player. Not just against the Florida Atlantic's of the world but the Louisville's, Memphis' and everyone else.

He is a beast and I really hope he makes it. He's a lot of fun to watch. I can say that now that our game is over lol.

We have to face him again in Memphis, unfortuately. At least after this season he will not play us forevermore.
01-30-2014 11:26 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

(01-30-2014 11:26 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  
(01-30-2014 09:09 AM)Tigermaniac Wrote:  

We have to face him again in Memphis, unfortuately. At least after this season he will not play us forevermore.

FedEx Forum is Kyrptonite to UCF Hoops (even when UCF had better teams)...as I think almost every game UCF has played there has been a 20-30 pt Memphis win.
01-30-2014 12:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.