Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sunbelt versus C-USA
Bookmark and Share
augustis13 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: georgia state
Sunbelt versus C-USA
UNC-Charlotte, FIU, Florida Atlantic, Louisiana Tech, Marshall, Middle Tennessee, North Texas, Old Dominion, Rice, Southern Miss, UAB, UTEP, UTSA and Western Kentucky.

Is this group really superior to our group?

Other than conference name recognition which leads to better TV contracts, I really don't see anything in in the group listed above that will put a better overall product on the field than our current 11..Give our newbies a few years and I like our potential to run past C-USA on a consistant basis..

Rice was a founding member of the Southwest Conference where their main contribution on the athletic front was to serve as an easy win for the rest of the conference..

Southern Miss used to be a giant killer but they are 1-23 the last 2 years.

ODU is a newbie no different than our own..

UNCC has never played a game..

And the rest we know well....

Not trying to knock the C-USA, but I just dont see any more potential there than I see in the Sunbelt...
01-27-2014 07:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Redwolves06 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: Sunbelt versus C-USA
Oh, this thread again.
01-27-2014 08:09 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
Just go ahead and realign the two conferences so they make sense.
01-27-2014 08:11 PM
Redwolves06 Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-27-2014 08:11 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Just go ahead and realign the two conferences so they make sense.

That makes too much sense ya know?!
01-27-2014 08:11 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

We are the better conference. We finished as the top non-AQ conference.

Unfortunately, this only lasts for only one year at a time. So we'll have to try to do it again.

This is the best I can offer.
01-27-2014 08:16 PM
Huan Offline
1st String

I Root For: TTU, USA,
Rice, Marshall and southern miss all have better reputation than the SBC, with possible exception of ASU and ULL.

I wonder with the new money distribution, there can't be much difference between the two conference.
Would be nice to see SouthernMiss in the SBC. Sure they have been down the past two years but I am sure they will grow out of the slump. Seems a great fir for the SBC.
01-27-2014 08:23 PM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
What will be the over/under on type of these threads posted the next 2 years? Lets set it at 100..Field meaning football field or court meaning basketball court?...One could argue March Madness does more for a conf. than anything on the football field especialy with us all pretty much lumped into the Gof5....We are all kind of thought of being together in football and no one really pays too much attention to who is better conf. wise for the general causal college football fan....Most causal fans look at bowl records as a whole for !conferences...And if they did that, they would scratch their head and say what Sun Belt only had 2 teams bowling, what a joke! Look at amount of CUSA teams that were in bowls and record not too shabby either, that to me was what the most important item last season....Marshall also beating Maryland was more impressive than anything the Sun Belt did this past season in bowls....

As far as basketball goes, WKU probably did more for the Sun Belt brand in 2008 and 2009 in the NCAA tournament that anything the football side could have done or has done since....Of course WKU is about the only school left that cares 2 seconds about basketball as some Cajun fans reminded us after Saturdays game...

Also the argument favors CUSA as once again we all know perception is king and their is not 1 Sun Belt team that would turn down an invite and everyone knows it despite all of these threads trying to say the Sun Belt is better...Does not really matter what happens on the field, if a SB team is invited to CUSA they are gone before I finish typing this post....So in the meantime we continue to do this05-deadhorse05-deadhorse05-deadhorse05-deadhorse
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014 08:35 PM by WKUFan518.)
01-27-2014 08:31 PM
USACoN2012 Offline
1st String

I Root For: South Alabama
Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014 08:38 PM by USACoN2012.)
01-27-2014 08:37 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-27-2014 08:31 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  What will be the over/under on type of these threads posted the next 2 years? Lets set it at 100..Field meaning football field or court meaning basketball court?...One could argue March Madness does more for a conf. than anything on the football field especialy with us all pretty much lumped into the Gof5....We are all kind of thought of being together in football and no one really pays too much attention to who is better conf. wise for the general causal college football fan....Most causal fans look at bowl records as a whole for !conferences...And if they did that, they would scratch their head and say what Sun Belt only had 2 teams bowling, what a joke! Look at amount of CUSA teams that were in bowls and record not too shabby either, that to me was what the most important item last season....Marshall also beating Maryland was more impressive than anything the Sun Belt did this past season in bowls....

As far as basketball goes, WKU probably did more for the Sun Belt brand in 2008 and 2009 in the NCAA tournament that anything the football side could have done or has done since....Of course WKU is about the only school left that cares 2 seconds about basketball as some Cajun fans reminded us after Saturdays game...

Also the argument favors CUSA as once again we all know perception is king and their is not 1 Sun Belt team that would turn down an invite and everyone knows it despite all of these threads trying to say the Sun Belt is better...Does not really matter what happens on the field, if a SB team is invited to CUSA they are gone before I finish typing this post....So in the meantime we continue to do this05-deadhorse05-deadhorse05-deadhorse05-deadhorse

You should have just showed the dead horse without beating it first.
01-27-2014 08:38 PM
Redwolves06 Offline
Bench Warmer

Below is the USA today 2013 re-ranking as the conference would stand next year FYI

44 - UL-L
59 - Arkansas state
74 - ulm
80 - south Alabama
82 - Troy
90 - Texas state
117 - New Mexico State
123 - Idaho
125 - Georgia state

33 - Marshall
48 - rice
55 - north Texas
60 - western Kentucky
61 - middle Tennessee
66 - utsa
89 - fau
99 - Louisiana tech
111 - utep
118 - uab
119 - fiu
121 - usm
01-27-2014 08:38 PM
USACoN2012 Offline
1st String

I Root For: South Alabama
Agreed.

(01-27-2014 08:37 PM)USACoN2012 Wrote:  Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.

Sun Belt.
01-27-2014 08:40 PM
Advertisement

TStatebobcat Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TxSt
In 2013 the Sunbelt was definitely the better conference top to bottom. Especially at the bottom. With the Exception of Georgia State, the bottom three teams in the Sunbelt would've finished at least middle of the pack in CUSA.

I'm with Sain333, we could make two really cool and regional conferences out of the Sunbelt and CUSA.
01-27-2014 08:44 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Believe those that think any SBC team would go to cusa are living in denial.
That's not the one in Egypt.
[Image: edqa.jpg]
01-27-2014 08:59 PM
MJG Offline
1st String

I Root For: U I , UMich, SC
Take the twenty five teams and make two conferences that make sense.

I would but don't have time one West one East makes sense .
01-27-2014 09:04 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
(01-27-2014 08:31 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  What will be the over/under on type of these threads posted the next 2 years? Lets set it at 100..Field meaning football field or court meaning basketball court?...One could argue March Madness does more for a conf. than anything on the football field especialy with us all pretty much lumped into the Gof5....We are all kind of thought of being together in football and no one really pays too much attention to who is better conf. wise for the general causal college football fan....Most causal fans look at bowl records as a whole for !conferences...And if they did that, they would scratch their head and say what Sun Belt only had 2 teams bowling, what a joke! Look at amount of CUSA teams that were in bowls and record not too shabby either, that to me was what the most important item last season....Marshall also beating Maryland was more impressive than anything the Sun Belt did this past season in bowls....

The phenomenon of buyer’s remorse has been generally associated with the psychological theory of cognitive dissonance, a state of psychological discomfort when at least two elements of cognition are in opposition, and which motivates the person to appease it by changing how they think about the situation. Buyer’s remorse is an example of postdecision dissonance, where a person is stressed by a made decision and seeks to decrease their discomfort. The buyer may change their behavior, their feelings, their knowledge about the world (what they thought the purchased item would be like), or even their knowledge of themselves. The more resources such as money, time, and cognitive resources that are invested into making a purchase, the more likely the buyer will experience buyer’s remorse or psychological discomfort.
01-27-2014 09:10 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Football: Sun Belt
Basketball: CUSA teams are weird and actually care about basketball
Baseball: Sun Belt (CUSA has Rice, but Rice is a little overrated because of lack of competition)

Women's Basketball: CUSA
Softball: Sun Belt
Volleyball: CUSA

Comes out about even
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014 09:12 PM by chiefsfan.)
01-27-2014 09:11 PM
Advertisement

Redwolves06 Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-27-2014 09:11 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Football: Sun Belt
Baseball: Sun Belt (CUSA has Rice, but Rice is a little overrated because of lack of competition)

Comes out about even

Do you think we will still be better at football next year? Just curious...
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014 09:23 PM by Redwolves06.)
01-27-2014 09:22 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(01-27-2014 09:22 PM)Redwolves06 Wrote:  

Comes out about even

Do you think we will still be better next year? Just curious...

I do, because I believe our teams at the top of the league will be better. Bottom half should play out about even.
01-27-2014 09:23 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(01-27-2014 09:22 PM)Redwolves06 Wrote:  

Comes out about even

Do you think we will still be better at football next year? Just curious...
If you asked that question in any other conference you would be asked which sport. We know. Being in a true football conference has it's advantages.
01-27-2014 09:24 PM
DrGonzo Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State

Comes out about even

I disagree.
Football>Basketball
Baseball>Woman's Basketball

Softball~Volleyball??
01-27-2014 09:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.