UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How hard could it be....
LPDragon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
How hard could it be....
to update a website and remove our old coaches from the list, especially those who were fired weeks ago. And surely it can't be real good for recruiting if the newer coaches aren't listed there yet.

Maybe the bio's might be a little harder to pull off immediately (though I can't imagine them taking more than a day), but you'd think they could update the list on the staff directory in maybe 15 minutes.

Pay attention.....somebody.
01-26-2014 09:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Blazer Engineer Offline
Skull Splitter

RE: How hard could it be....
whoever does the website does a very poor job.
01-26-2014 09:35 PM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(01-26-2014 09:32 PM)LPDragon Wrote:  to update a website and remove our old coaches from the list, especially those who were fired weeks ago. And surely it can't be real good for recruiting if the newer coaches aren't listed there yet.

Maybe the bio's might be a little harder to pull off immediately (though I can't imagine them taking more than a day), but you'd think they could update the list on the staff directory in maybe 15 minutes.

It's an embarrassment!. Others schools have no problem updating their website in real time. Somebody is asleep at the wheel :(
01-26-2014 09:35 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(01-26-2014 09:32 PM)LPDragon Wrote:  to update a website and remove our old coaches from the list, especially those who were fired weeks ago. And surely it can't be real good for recruiting if the newer coaches aren't listed there yet.

Has any one sent them an email. Demand it be changed immediately or you'll...you'll...well think of something you'll do.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2014 09:50 PM by Memphis Blazer.)
01-26-2014 09:49 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
Maybe they are just waiting until all "the ducks are in a row" and they can do the whole staff alignment at one time. It is possible that Clark has told them to wait until his staff is complete.

We used to joke that the reason that other team no longer had ice water was because the guy who knew the recipe graduated. Maybe the guy who knew how to do the web site graduated?
01-26-2014 09:57 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(01-26-2014 09:57 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  Maybe they are just waiting until all "the ducks are in a row" and they can do the whole staff alignment at one time. It is possible that Clark has told them to wait until his staff is complete.

We used to joke that the reason that other team no longer had ice water was because the guy who knew the recipe graduated. Maybe the guy who knew how to do the web site graduated?

Updating information like that would basically be hitting delete a few times and entering the new information. It isn't like this is hours and hours of work we are talking about.
01-26-2014 10:05 PM
Advertisement

B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(01-26-2014 10:05 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  
(01-26-2014 09:57 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  Maybe they are just waiting until all "the ducks are in a row" and they can do the whole staff alignment at one time. It is possible that Clark has told them to wait until his staff is complete.

Updating information like that would basically be hitting delete a few times and entering the new information. It isn't like this is hours and hours of work we are talking about.

Those Commodore-64's run kind of slow though.
01-26-2014 10:08 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
McGee was in charge of web updates.
01-26-2014 10:26 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
The website usually does not get updated immediately. Especially after a coaching change. I would not expect to see new bios until this summer.
01-27-2014 07:41 AM
RBB Offline
Banned

I Root For: *&*
Donators
Clearly, we don't have enough staff in our athletic department...
01-27-2014 07:52 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(01-27-2014 07:41 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  The website usually does not get updated immediately. Especially after a coaching change. I would not expect to see new bios until this summer.

We don't need bios immediately. It makes sense that a bio might take a little longer to do.(although a resume can probably provide a good deal of that information) It really shouldn't take weeks to update coaching information when you can pretty easily do that as it happens.
01-27-2014 08:13 AM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Online
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Bios? They can wait if they must.

The names of the coaches who are actually employed here, and more importantly contacting recruits? They should damn well be on that roster, period. There's no excuse for this.
01-27-2014 09:29 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

Website changes must be approved by the BOT
01-27-2014 09:30 AM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(01-27-2014 09:29 AM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  Bios? They can wait if they must.

The names of the coaches who are actually employed here, and more importantly contacting recruits? They should damn well be on that roster, period. There's no excuse for this.

+1
Common sense, and a sense of urgency SHOULD take care of this........again, somebody is asleep at the wheel.
01-27-2014 10:14 AM
Grammar-Nazi Offline
Grammar police

Folding@NCAAbbs
This is something that could be handled by an intern or GA in sports information or media relations. Hell, I teach at a D-II school, and our sports information department has three interns -- all of whom are students of mine -- and one whose job it it is to update the website. When a coaching change -- or a player change -- happens here, it's on the website THE SAME DAY.

The fact UAB can't get these minor details taken care of in a timely manner speaks to the incompetence and monumental dysfunction of the entire athletics department. Period.
01-27-2014 10:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(01-27-2014 10:29 AM)Grammar-Nazi Wrote:  This is something that could be handled by an intern or GA in sports information or media relations. Hell, I teach at a D-II school, and our sports information department has three interns -- all of whom are students of mine -- and one whose job it it is to update the website. When a coaching change -- or a player change -- happens here, it's on the website THE SAME DAY.

The fact UAB can't get these minor details taken care of in a timely manner speaks to the incompetence and monumental dysfunction of the entire athletics department. Period.

You have you act together though.......they obviously don't. On top of that, look at how big the UAB Athletic Dept. is! By the way, Austin Brown and Darrin Reaves are both still listed on the player roster :( That does not stink as badly as Jimmy Williams- Assistant HC/DC, Reggie Johnson - Outside LB's, etc.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014 10:37 AM by B'ham Blazer.)
01-27-2014 10:36 AM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Not sure if this is the case or not, but if this work is contracted out you have to go through a lot of extra BS instead of just updating the information.
01-27-2014 10:38 AM
Grammar-Nazi Offline
Grammar police

Folding@NCAAbbs
(01-27-2014 10:38 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Not sure if this is the case or not, but if this work is contracted out you have to go through a lot of extra BS instead of just updating the information.

That would speak to an even GREATER level of incompetence. You NEVER outsource the communication of your organization, especially when you need to control the message and respond to crises in a rapid manner. If we are doing that, and it takes weeks of filling out forms and making requests to get information changed on a website -- which in today's world any trained monkey can update -- then UAB has no hope for a future. At all.
01-27-2014 10:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I agree.
01-27-2014 11:03 AM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

Today, they finally upgraded it somewhat..........at least Coach Clark is on there now.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014 08:25 PM by B'ham Blazer.)
01-27-2014 08:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.