UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coach Haase
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
Coach Haase
Please remember he is still learning how to be a HC. He is going to make mistakes; it's part of the process.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2014 07:01 PM by BamaScorpio69.)
01-24-2014 03:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Coach Haase
Also remember that just because you might disagree with a decision he makes, it doesn't mean he made a mistake.
01-24-2014 03:08 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
I haven't given up on his team this year, but I am really looking forward to the promise of adding his early signing class to those slated to return in the fall.

I'm hoping to get the same excitement from those we sign on 2/5/14 for football.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2014 03:28 PM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
01-24-2014 03:27 PM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
After back to back losing seasons, a 2nd year head coach has his team MUCH improved...that's pretty much all I ask for. I'm solidly behind CJH
01-24-2014 03:35 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
(01-24-2014 03:08 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Also remember that just because you might disagree with a decision he makes, it doesn't mean he made a mistake.

Unless he believes it was mistake. Besides, no one is perfect and no one is always right or wrong.
01-24-2014 03:40 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Survivor Runner-up
(01-24-2014 03:35 PM)LairDweller Wrote:  After back to back losing seasons, a 2nd year head coach has his team MUCH improved...that's pretty much all I ask for. I'm solidly behind CJH

This is the way I see it too.
01-24-2014 03:43 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Me too.
01-24-2014 03:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebounder2u Offline
1st String

I Root For: Blazers
(01-24-2014 03:43 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  
(01-24-2014 03:35 PM)LairDweller Wrote:  After back to back losing seasons, a 2nd year head coach has his team MUCH improved...that's pretty much all I ask for. I'm solidly behind CJH

Back to back losing season, and who was coaching the back to back losing season...and where is this much improved team you speak of, if anything this senior laden team is going backwards not forward.
I look to next years team for improvement, because then the team will be all Coach Hasse team and we will have at least 2-3 shooters.
01-24-2014 03:58 PM
Rebounder2u Offline
1st String

I Root For: Blazers
Look before anyone gets the wrong idea, I enjoy UAB basketball and am a fan of Coach Hasse and this team, heck I wear the largest Green and Gold lens here, and in addition drink green Kool Aid.

But based on the last few games all losses, we are not improving, and anyone who think so is deceiving themselves

Improvement is the whole team playing with intensity, hitting the big shot, making the big stop, protecting home, winning close games, defending, sub with little dropoff, making the right pass, protecting the ball. etc...
If you can say we have improved in these areas then we may be looking at different teams.
01-24-2014 04:06 PM
Shrack Offline
All American

(01-24-2014 03:43 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  

I dunno. I'm behind the guy, but I think it's possible we finish below where Mike Davis's team finished that got him fired...again. I realize him having one losing season isn't why he got fired, but still. Last year's results were understandable for Haase, but this year is quickly becoming a disappointment.

The 2011-2012 team finished 115 RPI (9-7 conference) with an SOS of 58 and I think Davis had less to work with that year than Haase does this year. Moore is obviously an amazing player, but I think Haase has more depth this year.

Cameron Moore, Quincy Taylor, Ovie Soko, Jekore Tyler/KC Whitaker, and younger versions of Purifoy, Williams, and Swing vs

Fahro, Frazier, Washington, Rucker, Mehinti/Watts with Swing, Williams, and Purifoy all as seniors.

Right now we're on track to be between 7-9 to 9-7 in a weaker CUSA. This year's projected SOS is 166 and RPI will likely be 120-150 unless we really get it together.
01-24-2014 04:10 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
To be fair, Haase has had one full recruiting class so far. That is one key point that everybody seems to be missing here. Rucker and Faz were nice additions in the late period, but Haase had little to no time to do his job. The class we got this season has been pretty solid so far. Our 2 top scorers. Two good freshmen. A JUCO guy we missed on, and one other freshman without a role as of now.(and a guy who couldn't get in academically who seems to have fit a lot of what we are missing this year) We can't really complain about any of that. Then, look at the class we have coming in next year, and it's not even complete yet. Let's give Haase time to get his own guys in there and see where we go. I believe he is doing a good job so far, he just needs a little more time for it to all come together.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2014 04:27 PM by blazers9911.)
01-24-2014 04:27 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
This team is doing exactly what it was predicted to do. Everyone got too excited over a Double OT loss to New Mexico and a win over a bad NC team. Everyone raised their expectations unrealistically. This team was picked in the top 6 and I still think they will.

All this hand wringing over seniors, coaching and substituting is silly. This team is much more exciting to watch than the paint dry offense Davis ran.

I have followed the substitution patterns very closely this year, obsessively close, and the lineups that Haase plays the most are the ones that are producing. Everyone says play Swing less, and Swing has seen his minutes drop. Yet people are still complains.

Let coach coach.
01-24-2014 04:36 PM
USAFBlazerFan Offline
Bleeding Green & Gold since '93

I Root For: UAB BLAZERS!!!
(01-24-2014 04:36 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  This team is doing exactly what it was predicted to do. Everyone got too excited over a Double OT loss to New Mexico and a win over a bad NC team. Everyone raised their expectations unrealistically. This team was picked in the top 6 and I still think they will.

All this hand wringing over seniors, coaching and substituting is silly. This team is much more exciting to watch than the paint dry offense Davis ran.

I have followed the substitution patterns very closely this year, obsessively close, and the lineups that Haase plays the most are the ones that are producing. Everyone says play Swing less, and Swing has seen his minutes drop. Yet people are still complains.

Let coach coach.
+1
01-24-2014 04:38 PM
tibber Offline
1st String

I Root For:
BlazerTalk Award
I'm sure he's a nice guy and all. But I question his ability to motivate and prepare a team and after last night I'm starting to question his in game coaching ability. But it's all moot for now, he's not going anywhere anytime soon.
01-24-2014 06:35 PM
rook360 Offline
All American

Just at the begining of the season everyone was drooling all over Haase and couldn't wait for the season to start. Now you're wondering is he the right coach and questioning his play calling? It's only the man's second season. Give the man at least his third to forth year to get his full recruits in.

Life isn't a microwave that produces instantly. Like someone mentioned before, the team is actual playing along the lines that they were projected. Don't let Clark's hiring have you thinking that we can just hire and fire coaches as we wish. We got lucky with McGee leaving and I think we got lucky with Haase.
01-24-2014 06:46 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
Also remember that those other teams are striving to improve, as are we. If we improve only as much as the others, what is the change in the record? I am expecting a major incremental change as Haase brings in more of his chosen players, but that will take time.

A school can fire any coach any time, it can hire any coach it can afford at any time in the off season, but it can't fire any players unless they break major rules (like commit felonies) so you have them until they leave the program on their own.
01-24-2014 07:47 PM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Everything is ok in Mayberry.
01-24-2014 07:48 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(01-24-2014 07:47 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  Also remember that those other teams are striving to improve, as are we. If we improve only as much as the others, what is the change in the record? I am expecting a major incremental change as Haase brings in more of his chosen players, but that will take time.

A school can fire any coach any time, it can hire any coach it can afford at any time in the off season, but it can't fire any players unless they break major rules (like commit felonies) so you have them until they leave the program on their own.

Actually the way the NCAA scholarship rules work, you can get rid of them anytime you want too. So hardships are for only one year at a time.
01-24-2014 07:49 PM
DragonClaw Offline
1st String

(01-24-2014 03:57 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Me too.

ditto
01-27-2014 12:19 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

Coach Haase
We are fine. He is still learning and I think that's a great point. He isn't going to be perfect but who is? Even the greats of college basketball have bad years or questionable losses. He's trying to build a foundation and doing a fine job I might add.

We have had some misfortune too. We have had a couple narrow losses vs UTEP and MTSU. Write off the UNT game. Those things happen sometimes. But we are very close to being 3-1 in CUSA. MTSU and UTEP are among the better teams in the league and we pushed both to the brink. Once at home and once on the road. We fell short. But that doesn't mean we can't compete for the title.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014 12:39 PM by Blazer85.)
01-27-2014 12:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.