Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

List of schools whose ex-players earn the most in NBA (2 from AAC)
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
List of schools whose ex-players earn the most in NBA (2 from AAC)
Not that it matters much, but interesting read:

http://www.businessinsider.com/schools-w...ney-2014-1

16. Syracuse, 4 players - $28.4 M (based on 2013-14 salaries)

14. Memphis, 5 players - $31.7 M

13. Marquette, 6 players - $31.9 M

12. Georgetown, 6 players - $32.6 M

2. UConn, 12 players - $75.5 M

1. Kentucky, 21 players - $77.3 M

One interesting side note. Louisville didn't make the list. My gut reaction is Pitino apparently gets it done with less NBA-quality players.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014 12:57 PM by TripleA.)
01-23-2014 12:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HartfordHusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCONN
RE: List of schools whose ex-players earn the most in NBA (2 from AAC)
UConn puts guys in the league. At least Calhoun did, Ollie I'm sure will also.
01-23-2014 01:03 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(01-23-2014 01:03 PM)HartfordHusky Wrote:  UConn puts guys in the league. At least Calhoun did, Ollie I'm sure will also.

Yep. Three titles in a relatively short span will do that.
01-23-2014 01:07 PM
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
We will probably drop a bit when Ben Gordon's and Rip's contracts are off the books. Caron Butler and Ray Allen are both within 1-3 years of retirement if I had to guess as well. Drummond will be set for a HUGE contract, Lamb will get a decent one after his rookie year as well. Shabazz will be entering the league and I'd imagine Daniels will as well after next season. Uconn will probably remain in the top 10-15 for the foreseable future.
01-23-2014 01:30 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
(01-23-2014 01:30 PM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  We will probably drop a bit when Ben Gordon's and Rip's contracts are off the books. Caron Butler and Ray Allen are both within 1-3 years of retirement if I had to guess as well. Drummond will be set for a HUGE contract, Lamb will get a decent one after his rookie year as well. Shabazz will be entering the league and I'd imagine Daniels will as well after next season. Uconn will probably remain in the top 10-15 for the foreseable future.

And Rudy Gay.
01-23-2014 01:43 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
Once Lance gets paid this off-season, UC will be back on that list for sure. Maxiell is making more money than he should in Orlando, K-Mart has a job when he's been washed up for a few years, and we've got a few league minimum guys, not to mention SK will be getting a shot in the league this coming season for sure.
01-23-2014 01:45 PM
Advertisement

Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

(01-23-2014 01:43 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(01-23-2014 01:30 PM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  We will probably drop a bit when Ben Gordon's and Rip's contracts are off the books. Caron Butler and Ray Allen are both within 1-3 years of retirement if I had to guess as well. Drummond will be set for a HUGE contract, Lamb will get a decent one after his rookie year as well. Shabazz will be entering the league and I'd imagine Daniels will as well after next season. Uconn will probably remain in the top 10-15 for the foreseable future.

And Rudy Gay.

I ignored Kemba, Thabeet, Price, and Adrien as well. I'm sure theres a few others we are forgetting. Kemba probably should be mentioned as he will be due some cash after his rookie contract as well. He has performed well in the NBA. Thabeet will likely bounce around for a while as 7-3 guys don't grow on trees, but there seems to be one at the end of every NBA bench.
01-23-2014 02:02 PM
BearcatMan Offline

God...UConn is benefiting from some truly horrendous contracts drawn up by absolutely terrible GM's. That Rudy Gay contract is laughably bad and one of the worst in the league along with Gerald Wallace's, Andris Biedrins', and Kendrick Perkins', and Gordon, Villanueva, and Rip were impressively overpaid on their last cycle with the Pistons (I'm a fan, and I think Joe Dumars owes the fans a 15 minute egg throwing session during our last home game of the season this year). Ray Allen was paid on past performance which is alright though.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014 02:50 PM by BearcatMan.)
01-23-2014 02:49 PM
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

(01-23-2014 02:49 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  God...UConn is benefiting from some truly horrendous contracts drawn up by absolutely terrible GM's. That Rudy Gay contract is laughably bad and one of the worst in the league along with Gerald Wallace's, Andris Biedrins', and Kendrick Perkins', and Gordon, Villanueva, and Rip were impressively overpaid on their last cycle with the Pistons (I'm a fan, and I think Joe Dumars owes the fans a 15 minute egg throwing session during our last home game of the season this year). Ray Allen was paid on past performance which is alright though.

In terms of most influential third parties for securing UConn as #2 on this list, Joe comes in second only behind Coach Calhoun.

I disagree with you on the level of bad for Rudy's contract though.
01-23-2014 04:25 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
$3.5M for Temple. Then again, my HS would be 15th.
01-23-2014 06:00 PM
BearcatMan Offline

(01-23-2014 04:25 PM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  
(01-23-2014 02:49 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  God...UConn is benefiting from some truly horrendous contracts drawn up by absolutely terrible GM's. That Rudy Gay contract is laughably bad and one of the worst in the league along with Gerald Wallace's, Andris Biedrins', and Kendrick Perkins', and Gordon, Villanueva, and Rip were impressively overpaid on their last cycle with the Pistons (I'm a fan, and I think Joe Dumars owes the fans a 15 minute egg throwing session during our last home game of the season this year). Ray Allen was paid on past performance which is alright though.

In terms of most influential third parties for securing UConn as #2 on this list, Joe comes in second only behind Coach Calhoun.

You're a UConn fan though, so you would lol. Dude shoots way too much for his terrible clip, and is a marginal defender. That equation doesn't call for a $15M/year solution.
01-23-2014 06:25 PM
Advertisement

oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
(01-23-2014 02:02 PM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  
(01-23-2014 01:43 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  

And Rudy Gay.

I ignored Kemba, Thabeet, Price, and Adrien as well. I'm sure theres a few others we are forgetting. Kemba probably should be mentioned as he will be due some cash after his rookie contract as well. He has performed well in the NBA. Thabeet will likely bounce around for a while as 7-3 guys don't grow on trees, but there seems to be one at the end of every NBA bench.

Yeah, I wish that the Grizzlies had ignored Thabeet. :)
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014 09:03 PM by oldtiger.)
01-23-2014 09:03 PM
Gopper Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cards
when the spurs were bout to clinch the nba championship; ray allen hit the 3 to force overtime and probably won the series as the spurs never recovered from that in overtime and the game 7... mad props
01-23-2014 11:39 PM
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

I Root For: Louisville
(01-23-2014 04:25 PM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  I disagree with you on the level of bad for Rudy's contract though.

Dude makes the same as Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose and, discounting players on rookie contracts, he also makes more than James Harden, Kevin Love, Paul George, Tony Parker, LaMarcus Aldridge, Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook, and Blake Griffin, among others. Yeah, his contract is bad. If Joe Johnson and Amar'e Stoudemire were not still in the league, he'd have the worst contract in the league.

He's not a horrible player. But he is for $18 million, or $1 million less than LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.
01-24-2014 12:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UConnFB Offline
Special Teams

Good for Rudy, that's probably what it costs to keep him in Memphis.
01-24-2014 10:35 AM
BearcatMan Offline

(01-24-2014 10:35 AM)UConnFB Wrote:  Good for Rudy, that's probably what it costs to keep him in Memphis.

Well...he's in Sacramento, so...
01-24-2014 01:40 PM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(01-24-2014 01:40 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(01-24-2014 10:35 AM)UConnFB Wrote:  Good for Rudy, that's probably what it costs to keep him in Memphis.

Well...he's in Sacramento, so...

By way of Toronto, I think. Rudy be long gone from Memphis.
01-24-2014 02:07 PM
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

I Root For: Louisville
Worse, it appears his last two teams improved after he left.
01-24-2014 03:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
upstater1 Offline
1st String

Do you watch the NBA closely? Rudy Gay has been unbelievably productive and efficient in Sacramento.
01-24-2014 08:28 PM
TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
(01-23-2014 06:25 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(01-23-2014 04:25 PM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  

You're a UConn fan though, so you would lol. Dude shoots way too much for his terrible clip, and is a marginal defender. That equation doesn't call for a $15M/year solution.

Grizzlies sent him packing for a reason.
01-24-2014 08:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.