Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Women
bball4me Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kent State
Women
It is bad when you are leaving the game and hear the opposing team discussing who was closer in predicting the margin of victory with one claiming she thought it would be 35. I remember when our team played like that!!!!!
01-22-2014 09:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
RE: Women
This was our 50th ballgame since letting Bob Lindsay go.

We are 6-44.
01-22-2014 11:05 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Yeah and his last season was 6-22. A .154 winning percentage over the last 3 years. Watching them play there isn't even any hope. Only Dunlap appears to be getting better and she is a senior!! After the game our coach was saying how good it was to see Kent go on a 12-0 run after falling behind 39-13. Now there is a stretch. Also happy because the freshman centers contributed (if I see #5 celebrate her one basket every 30 minutes or so again I'm going to scream). I guess breathing is contributing. Central backed off after the first 10-12 minutes. Had they played their starters and pressed all night they would have scored 150. I have always said give the coach 3 years but I am not sure anymore.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014 08:12 AM by burden.)
01-23-2014 08:11 AM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
Don't worry, help is on the way... :/
01-23-2014 10:48 AM
bball4me Offline
2nd String

I'm not sure enough recruits can be brought in to help.
01-23-2014 09:56 PM
Advertisement

Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
That was sarcasm, and "enough recruits" indicates quantity which is exactly what we're looking at, we need quality. We've dug quite a hole we need to dig out and things aren't looking too promising IMO.
01-24-2014 05:50 AM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Yes it is a mess. We have ten coming back and six signed already. Who could we possibly cut!!!
01-24-2014 06:34 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
On a more positive note did anybody see Crystal Bradford of CMU? How did she end up on a MAC team? She might be the best MAC player I've seen in the 30 years I've been watching. A very special talent.
In addition to being a good BB player, she played a mean air guitar to Thunderstruck during pre game warm ups.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2014 06:55 PM by burden.)
01-24-2014 06:37 PM
cschierh Offline
1st String

Did I miss anyone posting on today"s OU game?

Not much to post.

Lost to the best team in the league Wednesday, lost to arguably the second worst team (OU) today.

Not much more. It's tiring to talk about a bad team.
01-25-2014 07:16 PM
Advertisement

burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
We probably won't win another game. Home against Miami might be our only chance but I doubt we will win. We were down 20 today and rallied in the last five minutes to make it respectable (losing by 10 to a bad team is now respectable!). The best thing to do now is sit the seniors and just give the rest of the team experience. Maybe we will get one okay player for next year that we wouldn't otherwise.
01-25-2014 07:33 PM
GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

(01-22-2014 11:05 PM)JimJoyce Wrote:  This was our 50th ballgame since letting Bob Lindsay go.

We are 6-44.

JimJoyce,
Jesus, Bob Lindsay is probably laughing/smiling on the regular, which was very rare during his coaching days @ KSU. You have a 1yr transfer from University of Arizona (Chaylene Harper) and she plays 1 minute vs the 2nd worst team in the East. Am I missing something? Why even bring her here?

Here are the current KSU Women's Bball stats: http://www.kentstatesports.com/cumestats...&year=2013
01-26-2014 09:59 AM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-24-2014 05:50 AM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  That was sarcasm, and "enough recruits" indicates quantity which is exactly what we're looking at, we need quality. We've dug quite a hole we need to dig out and things aren't looking too promising IMO.

I think you give her too much credit. I think she thinks she is bringing in quality. If she would be just going after numbers, why sign them early? Wait until May to pick up a few extras. The AD just blew this one. I hope I'm wrong but I don't have a lot of hope any more.
01-26-2014 06:48 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Not much to say. Another 22 point loss to an 8-10 NIU team. Haven't seen the box score (our wonderful web site really drags their feet when it comes to posting a loss) but not all that interested in analyzing it anyway.
01-29-2014 10:45 PM
Advertisement

DavidCarducci Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Hiram & Kent St
(01-29-2014 10:45 PM)burden Wrote:  Not much to say. Another 22 point loss to an 8-10 NIU team. Haven't seen the box score (our wonderful web site really drags their feet when it comes to posting a loss) but not all that interested in analyzing it anyway.

Hi Burden,
It's likely taking longer because the game is on the road rather than with a win or a loss.
My suggestion to get quick numbers is to log in to the live stats of whoever the home team is for a each game. Usually the live stats can still be accessed after the game. The full box score is also usually quicker to access from the website of the home team.
When our teams are on the road, the stats are usually uploaded to the website by the sports information director right from the team bus on the way home. It takes a little while, especially when you have to rely on a mobile signal that can be sketchy as you get out of town.
Hope that helps.
01-30-2014 12:05 AM
cschierh Offline
1st String

For some reason, live stats wasn't working for the NIU game. Seemed to be for I other MAC ges.

But when it works, it's great. I can usually figure a way to get the video in ine tab and the stats in another.
01-30-2014 02:37 AM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I really love the web site. It said the stats were fairly even last night.

NIU 48% vs. Kent 41% FG%
NIU78% vs Kent 47% FT%
Assists NIU 15 vs. Kent 2!!!!
TO's NIU 9 vs Kent 16

Yep that's pretty even.
01-30-2014 08:04 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Can we give the ladies some? 60-57 (sounds familiar!) over Ball St. today in the MACC! MAC win #1!
02-02-2014 05:11 PM
Advertisement

burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Finally a win! They played a solid game today. Ball St. helped by going 10/26 from the free throw line however they threw up 25 three's making 9 pretty much counterbalancing the missed free throws. Overall are defense both half court and press was good.
02-02-2014 05:19 PM
bball4me Offline
2nd String

I was glad to see that after blowing a 13 point lead just before halftime and getting behind by 6 or 7 in the second half, we kept playing and never gave in. They showed emotion and determination. Although Rachelle had problems with her shooting, she came through in the end to help get the lead. I hope this is a good learning experience of what winning against a decent team feels like.
02-03-2014 03:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.