Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN Story about stAte's success
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
ESPN Story about stAte's success
Focused primarily on how we've managed to thrive and still recruit well despite all the coaching changes.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recrui...ew-coaches
01-22-2014 11:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
RE: ESPN Story about stAte's success
Not many schools could handle that.
01-22-2014 03:14 PM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
(01-22-2014 03:14 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Not many schools could handle that.

Agreed and glad this is a newsworthy topic. stAte deserves some recognition for the coaching carousel they've had to endure.
01-22-2014 03:51 PM
CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
What I really want to know about, the ONLY important thing in NE Arkansas is stAte restoration the childhood home of Johnny Cash. This past Sunday on CBS they were doing a little promotion for his daughters revived career and mentioned that stAte had restored the house built by the government and GIVEN to the Cash family who apparently were in sever poverty during the depression.

Looking at the restored lovely little bungalow I bet it looks better now than the day the benevolent government gave it to the Cash's.
01-22-2014 03:52 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
Western isn't far behind ASU's 5 coaches in 4 (5 seasons) years we are going on our 4th in 5 (6 seasons) years
01-22-2014 04:26 PM
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(01-22-2014 04:26 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  Western isn't far behind ASU's 5 coaches in 4 (5 seasons) years we are going on our 4th in 5 (6 seasons) years

Close.....but not really. You had some continuity during that span.

2009 Elson
2010 Taggart
2011 Taggart
2012 Taggart
2013 Petrino
2014 Brohm

2010 Roberts
2011 Freeze
2012 Malzahn
2013 Harsin
2014 Anderson

That article mentioned we have 10 redshirt Seniors that have never had the same coach.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2014 04:39 PM by Fanof49ASU.)
01-22-2014 04:37 PM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
(01-22-2014 03:52 PM)CajunExpress Wrote:  What I really want to know about, the ONLY important thing in NE Arkansas is stAte restoration the childhood home of Johnny Cash. This past Sunday on CBS they were doing a little promotion for his daughters revived career and mentioned that stAte had restored the house built by the government and GIVEN to the Cash family who apparently were in sever poverty during the depression.

Looking at the restored lovely little bungalow I bet it looks better now than the day the benevolent government gave it to the Cash's.
Yep, ASU came through big-time on Johnny's old home, and before that a house Earnest Hemingway lived and worked in.
01-22-2014 05:21 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
(01-22-2014 03:52 PM)CajunExpress Wrote:  What I really want to know about, the ONLY important thing in NE Arkansas is stAte restoration the childhood home of Johnny Cash. This past Sunday on CBS they were doing a little promotion for his daughters revived career and mentioned that stAte had restored the house built by the government and GIVEN to the Cash family who apparently were in sever poverty during the depression.

http://arkansasheritagesites.astate.edu/AHS/Dyess.html
01-22-2014 06:14 PM
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA

Government needs to stay out of our lives.
01-23-2014 01:06 PM
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-23-2014 01:06 PM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  

Government needs to stay out of our lives.

Odd in regards to the fact that were posting on a fan site for a collection of government institutions.
01-23-2014 08:21 PM
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
I was being facetious and mocking the far-far right.
01-24-2014 12:21 AM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(01-22-2014 11:55 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Focused primarily on how we've managed to thrive and still recruit well despite all the coaching changes.

How in the world have you not lost your AD?
01-24-2014 12:27 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(01-24-2014 12:27 AM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  
(01-22-2014 11:55 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Focused primarily on how we've managed to thrive and still recruit well despite all the coaching changes.

How in the world have you not lost your AD?

Didn't hire Malzahn, and he's an ASU Grad.
01-24-2014 12:34 AM
Advertisement

OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I like our AD but I think he made the worst hire of the last three. Harsin didn't run the spread like we have had success with. I think he learned though because Anderson does run an up tempo spread.
01-24-2014 06:46 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

(01-24-2014 06:46 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  I like our AD but I think he made the worst hire of the last three. Harsin didn't run the spread like we have had success with. I think he learned though because Anderson does run an up tempo spread.

I agree. He got better as the year went. Anderson is more like Freeze....which everyone enjoyed.
01-24-2014 07:16 PM
GoBigRed26 Offline
1st String

(01-24-2014 06:46 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  I like our AD but I think he made the worst hire of the last three. Harsin didn't run the spread like we have had success with. I think he learned though because Anderson does run an up tempo spread.

Both Freeze and Malzahn fell into Lee's lap. He did not go out and find them, nor did he have to do anything to get them.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2014 07:36 PM by GoBigRed26.)
01-25-2014 07:35 PM
asuwon Offline
Special Teams

(01-25-2014 07:35 PM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  

Both Freeze and Malzahn fell into Lee's lap. He did not go out and find them, nor did he have to do anything to get them.

That's not an accurate statement.
01-26-2014 10:21 AM
chiefsfan Offline

Lee didn't have a choice but to hire Freeze. That was who the administration wanted to hire, and Freeze had given an impressive interview.

Lee did have to do a decent bit of leg work on Malzahn, but Freeze had called Malzahn when he left and told him to take the job, and then put him in touch with the Governor, who encouraged likewise before he called Lee. Lee did however have to drive to Alabama in the middle of the night and help get a contract worked out while keeping the whole thing secret.
01-26-2014 11:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.