Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Reports: Manny Diaz to take over LaTech defense
Bookmark and Share
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Reports: Manny Diaz to take over LaTech defense
Fired by Texas just a couple of games into the 2013 season, Manny Diaz has reportedly found a new coaching home.

Both Pete Roussel of CoachingSearch.com and CBSSports.com’s Bruce Feldman are reporting that Diaz will take over as defensive coordinator at Louisiana Tech. Feldman wrote on Twitter that “Diaz took [the] LaTech DC job after bypassing on other coaching opportunities from Big Ten, SEC & Pac-12 programs so he could be a DC.”

Diaz would replace Kim Dameron, who spent just one season with the Bulldogs before agreeing earlier this month to become the head coach at FCS-level Eastern Illinois.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-defense/
01-21-2014 02:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
RE: Reports: Manny Diaz to take over LaTech defense
Good hire as long as you don't play OU or BYU.
01-21-2014 02:37 PM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

(01-21-2014 02:37 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  Good hire as long as you don't play OU or BYU.

2014 Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Football Schedule
**TENTATIVE**
Date Opponent Time/TV Tickets
Saturday Aug. 30 Sooners at Oklahoma Sooners
Gaylord Family OK Mem. Stadium, Norman, OK

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-14/conf-...hedule.php
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2014 02:40 PM by Saint Greg.)
01-21-2014 02:39 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
Ha! I'll be rooting for the Dawgs anyway.
01-21-2014 02:42 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(01-21-2014 02:37 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  Fired by Texas just a couple of games into the 2013 season, Manny Diaz has reportedly found a new coaching home.

Both Pete Roussel of CoachingSearch.com and CBSSports.com’s Bruce Feldman are reporting that Diaz will take over as defensive coordinator at Louisiana Tech. Feldman wrote on Twitter that “Diaz took [the] LaTech DC job after bypassing on other coaching opportunities from Big Ten, SEC & Pac-12 programs so he could be a DC.”

Diaz would replace Kim Dameron, who spent just one season with the Bulldogs before agreeing earlier this month to become the head coach at FCS-level Eastern Illinois.

You guys are going to love him. Pressure, blitzing out the wazoo style. I think he got scape goated at Texas, but if you guys can get the right players to fit what he wants to do his defense will be bad news for the rest of C-USA's offenses. He creates a lot of confusion, pressure and turnovers for opposing offenses.

Best defensive coordinator we ever had. When he left for Miss St he had a clause that would let him out of the deal to become our head coach if if Stockstill went to ECU or Memphis.
01-21-2014 02:42 PM
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
Good hire I think. Just wasn't a good fit in Texas.
01-21-2014 02:43 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(01-21-2014 02:37 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  Good hire as long as you don't play OU or BYU.

This went over my head. Why?
01-21-2014 03:09 PM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Guy can recruit as well. He has a lot of connections in Florida. Not sure how hard you hit it down here. I thought he actually might be a candiate for the FAU gig for a while because of that.
01-21-2014 03:12 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
(01-21-2014 03:09 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

This went over my head. Why?

Quote:On September 7, 2013, the Longhorns' defense, under Diaz, gave up 550 yards rushing to BYU, the most in school history.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=322870201
01-21-2014 03:24 PM
Advertisement

MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
(01-21-2014 02:42 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(01-21-2014 02:37 PM)Saint Greg Wrote:  Fired by Texas just a couple of games into the 2013 season, Manny Diaz has reportedly found a new coaching home.

You guys are going to love him. Pressure, blitzing out the wazoo style. I think he got scape goated at Texas, but if you guys can get the right players to fit what he wants to do his defense will be bad news for the rest of C-USA's offenses. He creates a lot of confusion, pressure and turnovers for opposing offenses.

Best defensive coordinator we ever had. When he left for Miss St he had a clause that would let him out of the deal to become our head coach if if Stockstill went to ECU or Memphis.

Scape goated; hardly. Spread the field & let your QB pick and chose until he proves otherwise.07-coffee3
01-21-2014 03:24 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Ok thanks. Gotcha.
01-21-2014 03:26 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(01-21-2014 03:12 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  Guy can recruit as well. He has a lot of connections in Florida. Not sure how hard you hit it down here. I thought he actually might be a candiate for the FAU gig for a while because of that.

Yeah, dad was mayor of Miami for two terms.

As for Texas, from what I understood Mac Brown wanted him to stick to base defense more and wouldn't let truly unleash his concepts. Diaz certainly deserves some of the blame for Texas' start this year, but he has a good defensive mind and will be a good fit at Tech IMO.
01-21-2014 03:28 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

and if Holtz should get fired, then Diaz becomes a good HC candidate
01-21-2014 03:36 PM
Advertisement

MeanGreenGem Offline
1st String

I Root For: North Texas
(01-21-2014 02:42 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

Seems Diaz' UT boss would get fired a few months later? 04-jawdrop
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2014 03:56 PM by MeanGreenGem.)
01-21-2014 03:56 PM
RonBurgundy Offline
Channel 4 News Team

I think it's a good move. We needed some added energy after this dreadful season and maybe this will shock some life back into the program. It's gotten people talking again.
01-21-2014 05:34 PM
surlycanon Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle Tenn
Manny is remembered fondly at Middle and his defenses at Mississippi state were good. I believe he got a raw deal at Texas. He will be good for La Tech.
01-21-2014 06:26 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(01-21-2014 06:26 PM)surlycanon Wrote:  Manny is remembered fondly at Middle and his defenses at Mississippi state were good. I believe he got a raw deal at Texas. He will be good for La Tech.

Too bad he left us :(
01-21-2014 07:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.