Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Hey Blue Crew!
Bookmark and Share
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Hey Blue Crew!
Y'all still around? We need you tonight. Just pretend we are playing UT.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014 10:32 AM by Brother Bluto.)
01-16-2014 10:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jordai Offline
Moscow Tiger

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Hey Blue Crew!
+1,000

Be nice if we brought out the pom-poms again like we did against Cincy.
01-16-2014 10:34 AM
MemTigerFan Offline
The People's Photographer

I Root For: Tigers!

Donators
you'd do better by writing it on their Facebook page.
01-16-2014 10:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
herkermer Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(01-16-2014 10:43 AM)MemTigerFan Wrote:  you'd do better by writing it on their Facebook page.

Facebook is so last year... Duh! #Instagram #twitter
01-16-2014 10:46 AM
TigersRuleAll Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I expect to see the usual 200-300 tonight. It's way past time to reduce their allotment.
01-16-2014 10:47 AM
Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Fair Play.
I didn't know there WAS a blue crew anymore
01-16-2014 11:17 AM
Advertisement

tigersgrizzfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: tigersgrizz
(01-16-2014 10:32 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  Y'all still around? We need you tonight. Just pretend we are playing UT.

hell yeah...
01-16-2014 11:19 AM
MemphisTigerFreak Offline
Fear God, Not Man

(01-16-2014 10:47 AM)TigersRuleAll Wrote:  I expect to see the usual 20-30 tonight. It's way past time to reduce their allotment.

FYP
01-16-2014 11:20 AM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
They'll show up for L-ville and not much else. The student game attendance is really a sore spot and hard to understand. Some of the best times we had in college was seeing a game at the tomb of doom and visiting the world famous poplar lounge on the way back.
01-16-2014 11:20 AM
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers
Miami had 1,700 students show up for a game against FSU. Miami has 15,000 students (total) and was 9-6 (1-2) going into last night's game.

C'mon Blue Crew, you've got to bring it.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014 11:28 AM by MemphisCanes.)
01-16-2014 11:26 AM
tigersgrizzfan Offline
1st String

(01-16-2014 11:20 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  They'll show up for L-ville and not much else. The student game attendance is really a sore spot and hard to understand. Some of the best times we had in college was seeing a game at the tomb of doom and visiting the world famous poplar lounge on the way back.
it's not that hard to understand.. they give the students the worst seats in the house

In the Tomb of Doom days when i was a student we used to sit right behind the opposing team's bench. what happened to crowd surfing Tom and throwing confetti when the first point is scored.

it's a drawback of not having a on campus arena. You can't configure the seats like you want them and students can't just walk across campus to the games. They give the Blue hairs the good seats and they just for the most part sit on their hands. The few games i went to last year are just for the most part boring.

The students need to be on the sidelines.. It just creates a different atmosphere. But hey the school needs that blue hair donation money.

The hard truth is Gizz games are more fun to go to than the tigers games. Tigers games are better watched on tv.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014 12:00 PM by tigersgrizzfan.)
01-16-2014 11:48 AM
Advertisement

Jordai Offline
Moscow Tiger

(01-16-2014 11:26 AM)MemphisCanes Wrote:  Miami had 1,700 students show up for a game against FSU. Miami has 15,000 students (total) and was 9-6 (1-2) going into last night's game.

The best the Blue Crew ever looked was around January and early February in the 38-2 season. Hasn't been the same since then.
01-16-2014 11:55 AM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
(01-16-2014 11:48 AM)tigersgrizzfan Wrote:  
(01-16-2014 11:20 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  They'll show up for L-ville and not much else. The student game attendance is really a sore spot and hard to understand. Some of the best times we had in college was seeing a game at the tomb of doom and visiting the world famous poplar lounge on the way back.
it's not that hard to understand.. they give the students the worst seats in the house

In the Tomb of Doom days when i was a student we used to sit right behind the opposing team's bench. what happened to crowd surfing Tom and throwing confetti when the first point is scored.

it's a drawback of not having a on campus arena. You can't configure the seats like you want them and students can't just walk across campus to the games. They give the Blue hairs the good seats and they just for the most part sit on their hands. The few games i went to last year are just for the most part boring.

The students need to be on the sidelines.. It just creates a different atmosphere. But hey the school needs that blue hair donation money.

The hard truth is Gizz games are more fun to go to than the tigers games. Tigers games are better watched on tv.

When I was a student the student seats in the pyramid had already been moved and although not terrible, they weren't great.

I would be in the forum every game if I were a student - crappy seats or not.
01-16-2014 12:04 PM
IBleedBlue Offline
Something.

I Root For: TigrsBravesGriz
(01-16-2014 11:55 AM)Jordai Wrote:  
(01-16-2014 11:26 AM)MemphisCanes Wrote:  Miami had 1,700 students show up for a game against FSU. Miami has 15,000 students (total) and was 9-6 (1-2) going into last night's game.

The best the Blue Crew ever looked was around January and early February in the 38-2 season. Hasn't been the same since then.

That's what happens when a student group turns into part of the athletic department and the athletic department frowns upon ideas to fix things.

They are short sighted and do not realize it will take MAJOR changes for Blue Crew to work.

Oh well, I tried. 07-coffee3
01-16-2014 12:19 PM
Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

NObody GIVES them those seats.

Pay for them and you get them.
01-16-2014 12:21 PM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(01-16-2014 12:04 PM)tiger2000 Wrote:  

When I was a student the student seats in the pyramid had already been moved and although not terrible, they weren't great.

I would be in the forum every game if I were a student - crappy seats or not.

Likewise, on both accounts.
01-16-2014 12:23 PM
Advertisement

tigersgrizzfan Offline
1st String

(01-16-2014 12:21 PM)Willie Becton Wrote:  

i mentioned that in my post.... do you think a student can afford those tickets?
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014 12:24 PM by tigersgrizzfan.)
01-16-2014 12:24 PM
Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-16-2014 12:24 PM)tigersgrizzfan Wrote:  

i mentioned that in my post.... do you think a student can afford those tickets?

wholly irrelevant
students get free tickets
you get what you pay for

if the student CAN afford them by all means buy them
but your post suggests that the students deserve the best seats in the house which simply isn't true
(incidentally most students who actually BOTHER to go to the games sit on their hands quite a bit too)
01-16-2014 12:26 PM
tigersgrizzfan Offline
1st String

(01-16-2014 12:26 PM)Willie Becton Wrote:  
(01-16-2014 12:24 PM)tigersgrizzfan Wrote:  

wholly irrelevant
you get what you pay for

but your post suggests that the students deserve the best seats in the house which simply isn't true
(incidentally most students who actually BOTHER to go to the games sit on their hands quite a bit too)
03-banghead we are arguing two different points...
01-16-2014 12:28 PM
MemphisCanes Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: THE Tigers
(01-16-2014 12:26 PM)Willie Becton Wrote:  wholly irrelevant
you get what you pay for

But the premise of this entire thread is about the apathy of the students. Students SHOULD get free tickets because they're students and they pay their tuition/athletic fees (or whatever they're called now). If you stick them in the worst seats in the house, don't then decry their disinterest in the games.

It's a trade-off: either the University can make more money by selling the good seats to the older, quieter, wealthier fans and have a gameday atmosphere like UNC or UTK, or they can give the louder, rowdier fans (the students) those seats and have a better atmosphere like Duke and New Mexico.
01-16-2014 12:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.