Sun Belt average attendance
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
Sun Belt average attendance
1) WKU 4,575
2) UALR 2,990
3) UL-L 2,782 (one home game listed as N/A)
4) Ark St 2,326
5) South Alabama 2,002 (one home game listed as N/A)
6) ULM 1,840
7) TXST 1,737
8) UTA 1,722 (damn you noon Thursday game)
9) GaSt 1,629
10) Troy 1,061

Obviously our numbers are not butts in the seats. I assume the Sun Belt requires us to accurately report tickets sold. If these numbers are accurate, since we have the highest ticket prices in the league (except maybe WKU), our revenue from basketball ticket sales is the highest in the league other than Western. RBL and his wife will have been everywhere in the league, after going to GaSt on Saturday, and report that no one (other than WKU) really draws any better than we do. While our attendance is sickening to me, it is consistent with midmajor basketball attendance is the South. Sad, but that's the way it is in "football first" states.
01-15-2014 01:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
RE: Sun Belt average attendance
Just can't figure out how we count the ghosts. How in the hell do they scan a ghost?
01-15-2014 02:20 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-15-2014 02:20 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  Just can't figure out how we count the ghosts. How in the hell do they scan a ghost?

Upon further reflection, you are probably right. I have no clue how they come up with our attendance numbers. Used to think it was tickets sold plus students. Seems like someone in the league office would want some kind of accurate accounting on that. But maybe not. Do the other schools, who we are ahead of, all keep accurate numbers? I doubt that as well, so who really knows what the "real" numberbs are.
01-15-2014 02:36 PM
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(01-15-2014 01:47 PM)mjs Wrote:  1) WKU 4,575
2) UALR 2,990
3) UL-L 2,782 (one home game listed as N/A)
4) Ark St 2,326
5) South Alabama 2,002 (one home game listed as N/A)
6) ULM 1,840
7) TXST 1,737
8) UTA 1,722 (damn you noon Thursday game)
9) GaSt 1,629
10) Troy 1,061

Obviously our numbers are not butts in the seats. I assume the Sun Belt requires us to accurately report tickets sold. If these numbers are accurate, since we have the highest ticket prices in the league (except maybe WKU), our revenue from basketball ticket sales is the highest in the league other than Western. RBL and his wife will have been everywhere in the league, after going to GaSt on Saturday, and report that no one (other than WKU) really draws any better than we do. While our attendance is sickening to me, it is consistent with midmajor basketball attendance is the South. Sad, but that's the way it is in "football first" states.

What makes you think that the Sun Belt Conference requires us to accurately report tickets sold?
01-15-2014 02:39 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-15-2014 02:36 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(01-15-2014 02:20 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  Just can't figure out how we count the ghosts. How in the hell do they scan a ghost?

Upon further reflection, you are probably right. I have no clue how they come up with our attendance numbers. Used to think it was tickets sold plus students. Seems like someone in the league office would want some kind of accurate accounting on that. But maybe not. Do the other schools, who we are ahead of, all keep accurate numbers? I doubt that as well, so who really knows what the "real" numberbs are.

I believe Scotto knows, but he's not telling.04-cheers
01-15-2014 03:34 PM
Advertisement

UaLrRuLeS Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-15-2014 03:34 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  

an attendance number has never been accurate in the history of sports ever
01-15-2014 03:55 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-15-2014 03:55 PM)UaLrRuLeS Wrote:  

You are probably right. But do we exaggerate our numbers more than all the other Sun Belt school? I know when Rick Mello was here he told me that he would report accurate numbers, although they were typically poor. I pointed out that it makes him look bad because it appeared that attendance had gone down on his watch. He said he reported real numbers because he believed it was the right thing to do. I guess it is up to each AD to report attendance figures, although someone in administration at each school has to know the real numbers.
01-15-2014 04:32 PM
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(01-15-2014 04:32 PM)mjs Wrote:  

You are probably right. But do we exaggerate our numbers more than all the other Sun Belt school? I know when Rick Mello was here he told me that he would report accurate numbers, although they were typically poor. I pointed out that it makes him look bad because it appeared that attendance had gone down on his watch. He said he reported real numbers because he believed it was the right thing to do. I guess it is up to each AD to report attendance figures, although someone in administration at each school has to know the real numbers.

If you believe our AD reports accurate attendance figures, or even sold tickets, I want talk to you about buying some oceanfront property in Arkansas!
01-16-2014 09:24 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-16-2014 09:24 AM)PTJR Wrote:  
(01-15-2014 04:32 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(01-15-2014 02:36 PM)mjs Wrote:  Upon further reflection, you are probably right. I have no clue how they come up with our attendance numbers. Used to think it was tickets sold plus students. Seems like someone in the league office would want some kind of accurate accounting on that. But maybe not. Do the other schools, who we are ahead of, all keep accurate numbers? I doubt that as well, so who really knows what the "real" numberbs are.

If you believe our AD reports accurate attendance figures, or even sold tickets, I want talk to you about buying some oceanfront property in Arkansas!

Which ocean?04-rock
01-16-2014 10:07 AM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
(01-15-2014 03:55 PM)UaLrRuLeS Wrote:  an attendance number has never been accurate in the history of sports ever

I figure the Indiana/Wisconsin number was correct. I did not see any empty seats.
01-16-2014 05:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.