UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kaleidoscope: Garrick McGee is out, Blazer football moving forward
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Exclamation Kaleidoscope: Garrick McGee is out, Blazer football moving forward
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 10:51 PM by WesternBlazer.)
01-12-2014 10:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

RE: Kaleidoscope: Garrick McGee is out, Blazer football moving forward
I have read some of the editorials from those writing now on the K-scope.

Not really interested in seeing what these fine journalists have to say about this situation.
01-12-2014 10:55 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
Why Michigan had over 100,000 at just one game, more than UAB had all season. While making a passing reference to the role of Bryant,Jr in harming UAB, the author just piled on to add to our grief. More program termination talk. It's like "if you can't be like Michigan, you probably should not play at all". And the author may not know FCS from FBS schools.

Since about 70% of all D1 programs are on some sort of financial life-support in their own states, UAB is not like being the only one in the "red", but that fact is not mentioned by the death angel here..
01-12-2014 11:13 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Was this some kind of stream of consciousness article. I never thought things could get worse for the Kaleidoscope. Everyone in the English department should be fired

Quote:Finding someone who will want to coach at UAB will be difficult, frankly put, being a head coach at UAB could be committing career suicide.

Quote:Tough to sell UAB and coaching a team that has an attendance less than some Hoover High School games, in a program with outdated facilities, no fan base, no money and a future that looks equally as bleak.

these are not sentences

Quote:UAB is averaging just 15,000 people attending a game which is near the very bottom of the FCS in 2012.

thats FBS, idiot reporter. And too lazy to look up 2013 numbers which would actually further your point

Quote:Michigan averages almost 100,000 more people attending each game than people go to Legion Field. UAB doesn’t even hit the 100,000 mark over the course of a season.

What???

I got too sad to finish the article. My 10 year old could have written a more cohesive article.

I did like the part where he suggests the next coach could be the next Woody Hayes 03-lmfao
01-12-2014 11:27 PM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

I'll just do paragraphs whenever.
01-12-2014 11:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

At what point in time are they allowed to remove their "Please excuse me, I'm training" button?
01-12-2014 11:33 PM
BlazerGrad88 Offline
All American

(01-12-2014 11:27 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Was this some kind of stream of consciousness article?

Probably so. The author's bio at the end of the article does say he's a Psych major.
01-12-2014 11:55 PM
Advertisement

demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
And I thought most people on here would be upset he didn't disclose BlazerTalk as his primary information source.

03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014 12:19 AM by demiveeman.)
01-12-2014 11:56 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I don't know where he got the Gene Bartow quote, because he never said that publicly.
01-13-2014 12:03 AM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(01-13-2014 12:03 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I don't know where he got the Gene Bartow quote, because he never said that publicly.

Well...it's not like he put it in "quotation marks" or anything...
01-13-2014 12:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.