UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USM at Tulsa starting on Fox 1
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
USM at Tulsa starting on Fox 1
Might be a good game.
01-12-2014 01:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
RE: USM at Tulsa starting on Fox 1
We gain a half-game on the loser 03-lol
01-12-2014 01:22 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Announcers: "these Tulsa fans really know basketball"

There are so few of them, they could have probably administered an extensive test to see if that was true.

Seriously, that is becoming one of my nots hated cliches. I would like to hear an announcer say "these fans don't know **** about basketball"
01-12-2014 01:34 PM
Advertisement

LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
completely agree with your thought on that cliche. I've always wondered how they decided which fans are really knowledgable and which ones aren't
01-12-2014 01:37 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

Ok I was wrong about the good game part. Both teams have combined for 9 FG's in first 12 minutes of game
01-12-2014 01:40 PM
Advertisement

demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(01-12-2014 01:40 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Ok I was wrong about the good game part. Both teams have combined for 9 FG's in first 12 minutes of game

04-jawdrop
01-12-2014 01:46 PM
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
Tulsa up 32-28 at the break. @Tulsa is the next game up that we aren't favored in currently.
01-12-2014 02:01 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

The CUSA schedule makers set it up as best they could with travel partners considering how spread out. USM played at North Texas Thursday and at Tulsa today. We have that same trip coming up next week.

I like how they set up the schedule where you have two road games relatively close to each other in one week and one week you have two home games. You are getting two road games in one road trip, but it will be interesting to see what effect that second road trip in a week has. I suspect that is what is affecting USM in this game.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 02:14 PM by Memphis Blazer.)
01-12-2014 02:13 PM
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
It may also be to blame in Charlotte's case. They beat UTEP at the Don on Thursday night, then turned around and lost to the Roadrunners. This scheduling might lead to more upsets for home teams. Luckily, we have two home games this week to get better before going on the road again. Then we hit the easy part of our schedule before finishing with some real challenges.
01-12-2014 02:17 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

Game turning into a good game.
3:12 to go. USM down 6. Tulsa has led by as much as 13.

Interesting comments from Danny Manning about Tulsa's schedule regarding the NCAA tournament. Tulsa's record is bad, but they have played a very tough schedule. He stated that he didn't schedule to improve RPI, but he scheduled to toughen his team up for the CUSA tournament, because he believes that the only way to get into the NCAA tournament is to win the CUSA tournament.

You rarely hear a coach say that a conference isn't good enough to get an at large bid. But then again, he is gone to the AAC after this year.
01-12-2014 02:59 PM
WesternBlazer Online
Hall of Famer

Tulsa wins 75-71. Has everyone underestimated CUSA outside of UAB, Charlotte, USM(all of whom lost this week), and LaTech. Gonna be a crazy season...
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 03:21 PM by WesternBlazer.)
01-12-2014 03:20 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

Tulsa wins 75-71.

So on the first weekend of CUSA play, the teams collectively decided that they didn't want an at large bid. Three of the top 4 RPI teams go down on the road.

The #1 seed and regular season championship is up for grabs.
01-12-2014 03:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.