Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Very tough road trip
Bookmark and Share
anothertigerfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: T.I.G.E.R.S
Very tough road trip
And very proud of the Tigers. Let's pack the Forum on Thursday and get our first American home win!
01-11-2014 05:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigTigerMike Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Very tough road trip
I'll be there for sure (it's good to get paid vacation).04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 05:24 PM by BigTigerMike.)
01-11-2014 05:24 PM
TNTigers Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
I think people around here may finally be coming around to what it means to be playing in a real conference. Even the teams that you should beat handily, like a Temple, are going to play hard because that's what you do in a real conference. There's not going to be any nights off in this league either at home or on the road. Our fans have to catch up with that mentality after years of playing lower level competition. We'll lose more than we're used to along the way and the wins will be closer than we're used to as well, but they'll be sweeter wins in the end. And they'll make us a better team.
01-11-2014 05:26 PM
Raleigh_Tiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Dean, Tigers

Donators
Play in this league will help us in the Dance.
01-11-2014 05:28 PM
anothertigerfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-11-2014 05:28 PM)Raleigh_Tiger Wrote:  Play in this league will help us in the Dance.

No doubt.
01-11-2014 05:29 PM
BigTigerMike Online
Hall of Famer

(01-11-2014 05:26 PM)TNTigers Wrote:  I think people around here may finally be coming around to what it means to be playing in a real conference. Even the teams that you should beat handily, like a Temple, are going to play hard because that's what you do in a real conference. There's not going to be any nights off in this league either at home or on the road. Our fans have to catch up with that mentality after years of playing lower level competition. We'll lose more than we're used to along the way and the wins will be closer than we're used to as well, but they'll be sweeter wins in the end. And they'll make us a better team.

Excellent post.
01-11-2014 05:30 PM
Advertisement

anothertigerfan Offline
Hall of Famer

We can't look past Houston, UCF, or SMU either. All are gonna be tough.
01-11-2014 05:32 PM
alcalde Offline
Banned

I Root For:
First off, we didnt really take nights off in CUSA. We are one of the best at taking care of business against lessor opponents. Also, Temple is not any better than S.Miss, UAB, SMU, Houston, UCF, etc, etc. I understand that our conference is more exciting this year because Temple has better name recognition, AND we get to play our favorite rivals Louisville and Cincinnati, and on top of that UConn. Because of the latter 3 teams, we have opportunities for more highly respected wins that equate to higher seeding in the NCAA tournament.

However, to talk about our win over Temple in conjunction with toughing out a win in a REAL conference..... its silly...although I realize the media may give us props for that very thing. We toughed out many a road game in CUSA every bit as tough as Temple.

Also, someone mentioned Houston, SMU and UCF as potential tough road outs. I agree, they are. But they arent suddenly any tougher as individual games just because there is a big A on the court instead of a CUSA. All three of these teams were and would have been in CUSA, and we wouldnt have been able to cakewalk thru them anymore if it was still CUSA then we would not that its the American.
01-11-2014 05:43 PM
TallTiger Offline
All American

I Root For:
Whether it's the CUSA or the AAC, we have been the hunted. We get the 5-8 team's best shot.

Raleigh Tiger, you beat me to it...a tougher conference should help us in March.
01-11-2014 05:52 PM
450bench Offline

This league has already made us better. You can bet that trend will continue.
01-11-2014 05:52 PM
anothertigerfan Offline
Hall of Famer

Weren't we Temple's first ranked opponent?
01-11-2014 05:57 PM
Advertisement

holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

Imagine what this team would do to the current cusa lineup. Then again, we might play down to their level. But its better beating Louisville and Temple that North Texas State and rice.
01-11-2014 06:02 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
certainly easier getting up for Cincy, Louisville,UConn, Temple than UAB, Rice, Marshall etc etc
I hate that we lose Louisville, but we are also joined at the hip to Cincy history wise....nice to keep a rival like them in this league. They'll help us see what kind of measuring stick we need year in yer out with their rugged style of play.
01-11-2014 07:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
No argument, playing in the AAC is MILES beyond C-USA. I mean, seriously, could you imagine having FAU, FIU, North Texas, Louisiana Tech, ODU, MTSU, Charlotte, and UT San Antonio on the basketball schedule? H&H?

Their conference tourney is in El Paso this year. The first two rounds are on the C-USA "digital network", the semi finals Friday on CBSSN, and the title game at 930am on CBS.

03-puke

Hell, yes, give me Cincy, Temple, UConn, and Louisville. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU will have all the conference tournament games; title game is Saturday March 15 at 500pm CST on ESPN.

I'll be honest. I really want to smash Rutgers twice before they head over to the B1G. Nothing personal but I just feel they look down on MEMPHIS. Louisville is an old rival, so I do have respect for them.
01-11-2014 10:37 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(01-11-2014 05:26 PM)TNTigers Wrote:  I think people around here may finally be coming around to what it means to be playing in a real conference. Even the teams that you should beat handily, like a Temple, are going to play hard because that's what you do in a real conference. There's not going to be any nights off in this league either at home or on the road. Our fans have to catch up with that mentality after years of playing lower level competition. We'll lose more than we're used to along the way and the wins will be closer than we're used to as well, but they'll be sweeter wins in the end. And they'll make us a better team.

100% spot on. We have a bunch of posters that STILL can't get it through their heads.
01-12-2014 12:44 AM
wylioats Offline
Heisman

(01-11-2014 10:37 PM)boss man Wrote:  No argument, playing in the AAC is MILES beyond C-USA. I mean, seriously, could you imagine having FAU, FIU, North Texas, Louisiana Tech, ODU, MTSU, Charlotte, and UT San Antonio on the basketball schedule? H&H?
Their conference tourney is in El Paso this year. The first two rounds are on the C-USA "digital network", the semi finals Friday on CBSSN, and the title game at 930am on CBS.

03-puke

Hell, yes, give me Cincy, Temple, UConn, and Louisville. ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU will have all the conference tournament games; title game is Saturday March 15 at 500pm CST on ESPN.

I'll be honest. I really want to smash Rutgers twice before they head over to the B1G. Nothing personal but I just feel they look down on MEMPHIS. Louisville is an old rival, so I do have respect for them.

As far as I'm concerned, you could have thrown UAB into that mix of who cares. I wouldn't have renewed my season tix if that was our schedule this year and beyond. I am very thankful we're no longer a part of CUSA and the idiocy of Britton Banowsky. Very happy and thankful we're in the AAC.....GO TIGERS.
01-12-2014 10:01 AM
Advertisement

macphil30 Offline
1st String

I Root For: tigers
When do we play Rutgers?
01-12-2014 10:06 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
both teams played hard my man
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 10:06 AM by fsquid.)
01-12-2014 10:06 AM
hollywoodtigerhound Offline
U.S. Constitution

I Root For: MEMPHIS MACHINE
(01-12-2014 10:06 AM)macphil30 Wrote:  When do we play Rutgers?

feb 4th, forum
01-12-2014 08:28 PM
springcat Offline
All American

Teams play hard because that's what you do in a real conference???

Please! We took everyone's best shot in CUSA game in and game out. Always their "Super Bowl".

Yes, the AAC is better competition....but don't think those teams weren't playing hard every night.
01-12-2014 09:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.