Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New seating policy at Fifth Third Arena...effective today
Bookmark and Share
Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
New seating policy at Fifth Third Arena...effective today
Thank you for your continued support of Bearcats Athletics and the University of Cincinnati Men's Basketball team. Below is information regarding home basketball games at Fifth Third Arena this season.

New Aisle Traffic Policy Beginning This Saturday
In an effort improve the in-game experience for you and your family at Fifth Third Arena, we will now be implementing a new policy to control aisle traffic in the 100 levels. Beginning tomorrow, January 11, our ushers will be equipped with signs informing patrons at the top of each section that they must wait to advance to their seats until there is a stoppage in play.

*Thank you to our donors and season ticket holders who provided feedback. It is our intent to continue to improve your gameday experience at all Bearcats athletics events.

01-11-2014 09:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eastside cat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
RE: New seating policy at Fifth Third Arena...effective today
That is goofy.01-wingedeagle What is this a tennis match or golf? Will they next hold up hand to ask for quiet. Very very lame. You mean someone paying for a ticket will have to not see the game until a time out? Very very lame. Oh and the ushers will be issued bags of dimes to hit you if you stand and cheer when a good play is made.
(01-11-2014 09:06 AM)Ragpicker Wrote:  Thank you for your continued support of Bearcats Athletics and the University of Cincinnati Men's Basketball team. Below is information regarding home basketball games at Fifth Third Arena this season.

New Aisle Traffic Policy Beginning This Saturday
In an effort improve the in-game experience for you and your family at Fifth Third Arena, we will now be implementing a new policy to control aisle traffic in the 100 levels. Beginning tomorrow, January 11, our ushers will be equipped with signs informing patrons at the top of each section that they must wait to advance to their seats until there is a stoppage in play.

*Thank you to our donors and season ticket holders who provided feedback. It is our intent to continue to improve your gameday experience at all Bearcats athletics events.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 09:39 AM by eastside cat.)
01-11-2014 09:37 AM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
It is a good move. There was a thread on this on BCJ about 2 months ago which likely led to this policy. Hockey arenas have been doing this for a very long time.

01-11-2014 09:43 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

In the 100 level it is very distracting to watch the game and have people come and go, blocking your view. I am sure they will be some exceptions and modifications down the road.

I wished our fan base would actually be in their seat during warmups. Too many fans show up after the start of the game and are half watching the action.

01-11-2014 09:51 AM
eastside cat Offline
1st String

I respectively disagree but will not stop me from going to the games and supporting my Bearcats. Just think it is silly.
(01-11-2014 09:43 AM)subflea Wrote:  It is a good move. There was a thread on this on BCJ about 2 months ago which likely led to this policy. Hockey arenas have been doing this for a very long time.

01-11-2014 09:58 AM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
Good policy. Plenty of stoppages of play in basketball.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 09:59 AM by bearcatmark.)
01-11-2014 09:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(01-11-2014 09:58 AM)eastside cat Wrote:  I respectively disagree but will not stop me from going to the games and supporting my Bearcats. Just think it is silly.
(01-11-2014 09:43 AM)subflea Wrote:  It is a good move. There was a thread on this on BCJ about 2 months ago which likely led to this policy. Hockey arenas have been doing this for a very long time.

Yeah, preventing people from walking in front of others while the ball is in play is a horrible idea.

01-11-2014 10:03 AM
bearcatkarl Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Praise the Lord....It is amazing how inconsiderate people can be sometimes. This has bugged me for a long time.

01-11-2014 10:08 AM
eastside cat Offline
1st String

I am up in the 200 level and am in my seat before the buzzer and do not leave until halftime so this doesn't mean so much for me. I just thought it was silly stopping people from going to their seat. Are we talking about stoppage of play for substitution or timeouts? Unless it is a timeout you would have to run to seat before play resumed, sometimes minutes go by between timeouts. But i see your points. Maybe this will force people to get in their seats and watch the game.
(01-11-2014 10:08 AM)bearcatkarl Wrote:  Praise the Lord....It is amazing how inconsiderate people can be sometimes. This has bugged me for a long time.

01-11-2014 10:16 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
The new Eastside J Policy is anyone in the first 6 rows of the mid-court 100s who is not in their seat by the 17 minute mark of the first half forfeits their seat. No appeal.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 10:24 AM by rath v2.0.)
01-11-2014 10:23 AM
eastside cat Offline
1st String

And give them to people up in the upper bleacher seats
(01-11-2014 10:23 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  The new Eastside J Policy is anyone in the first 6 rows of the mid-court 100s who is not in their seat by the 17 minute mark of the first half forfeits their seat. No appeal.

01-11-2014 10:29 AM
Advertisement

mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
I don't mind people that get up quickly and head up the aisles even during play but I'm guessing the real purpose is to stop people from blocking the aisles stopping to chat with friends in other rows. It's annoying when they are in your line of sight trying to watch the game and when you have to walk around them to get up the aisle. If people were considerate of others over themselves a lot of these types of rules wouldn't be needed.

They have this same practice at the Cyclones.
No one minds as it's really not a big inconvenience.

01-11-2014 10:33 AM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
It's unfortunate that ushers have to enforce what should be common sense and courtesy

01-11-2014 10:41 AM
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

Great policy. People don't pay good money to see the backside of someone's head.

I once had the misfortune of getting second level seats by the entry tunnel. People would get to the top of the steps, stop and look - particularly if it was a good play. Infuriating.

After a while I just got sick of seeing the backsides of people that I just became belligerent and told them to move their inconsiderate asses.

This is good policy.

(01-11-2014 10:16 AM)eastside cat Wrote:  I am up in the 200 level and am in my seat before the buzzer and do not leave until halftime so this doesn't mean so much for me. I just thought it was silly stopping people from going to their seat. Are we talking about stoppage of play for substitution or timeouts? Unless it is a timeout you would have to run to seat before play resumed, sometimes minutes go by between timeouts. But i see your points. Maybe this will force people to get in their seats and watch the game.
(01-11-2014 10:08 AM)bearcatkarl Wrote:  Praise the Lord....It is amazing how inconsiderate people can be sometimes. This has bugged me for a long time.

01-11-2014 10:49 AM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-11-2014 10:41 AM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  It's unfortunate that ushers have to enforce what should be common sense and courtesy

Exactly. I'm amazed at how self-serving, selfish and inconsiderate people can be these days. What ever happened to behaving like gentlemen?

01-11-2014 10:56 AM
BigDawg Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
This happens at a lot of places since common courtesy is out the door it seems. I like it. Not like they are holding you to a TV timeout. Just a stoppage when the ball goes out of bounds, etc. I've missed a lot of big plays over the years with people getting up and moving during play and some people even just get up and then carry on two minute conversations and aren't even watching the game having no cares for people behind them. Its one thing to stand up to cheer. Another thing to stand up in the middle of action and have your back to the court to just BS.

01-11-2014 11:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thebearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
I just always do this anyways. any game of any sport I go to. I try to avoid annoying people by walking in front. Ill wait until theres a whistle in basketball and run to my seat. its no big deal!

01-11-2014 01:12 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-11-2014 01:12 PM)thebearcat Wrote:  I just always do this anyways. any game of any sport I go to. I try to avoid annoying people by walking in front. Ill wait until theres a whistle in basketball and run to my seat. its no big deal!

Not every one is as courteous as you...
I am thankful those who are. 04-bow

01-11-2014 03:17 PM
eastside cat Offline
1st String

Peace. I have no problem with it now. Go cats!!!

01-11-2014 04:32 PM
pobearman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Great idea, nothing worse than people slowly getting seated and chatting while you are trying to watch the game.

01-11-2014 05:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.