Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is it Baseball season yet?
Bookmark and Share
Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
Is it Baseball season yet?
TXST schedule includes highlight games against Rice, Texas, Texas A&M, Houston, Baylor, Washington State, UC Riverside and Valparaiso in addition to conference action in the Sun Belt Conference, the sixth rated baseball conference in all of collegiate baseball in 2013.

In addition to those exciting match-ups, the Bobcats will host Michigan, Washington and Air Force for the Texas State Baseball Invitational opening weekend Feb. 14-16 at Bobcat Ballpark.

FULL SCHEDULE
01-09-2014 11:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
RE: Is it Baseball season yet?
Not yet. 03-weeping

Our team will be good. Might be a slight drop off from our 43 win season last year at bats. But when our coach who's been at Troy over 10 years averages 37 wins per season, we will be tough.

Pitching will be even better this year for Troy.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 11:59 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
01-09-2014 11:53 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(01-09-2014 11:46 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  TXST schedule includes highlight games against Rice, Texas, Texas A&M, Houston, Baylor, Washington State, UC Riverside and Valparaiso in addition to conference action in the Sun Belt Conference, the sixth rated baseball conference in all of collegiate baseball in 2013.

In addition to those exciting match-ups, the Bobcats will host Michigan, Washington and Air Force for the Texas State Baseball Invitational opening weekend Feb. 14-16 at Bobcat Ballpark.

FULL SCHEDULE

It is really nice having a sport that we all know we are good at as a league, and everyone respects us as being good at as a league.

Texas State comes to Jonesboro this year. I will have to get my heckling material ready pretty soon. I plan on asking every single player if they know Cat Mom.
01-10-2014 12:06 AM
Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
(01-10-2014 12:06 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 11:46 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  TXST schedule includes highlight games against Rice, Texas, Texas A&M, Houston, Baylor, Washington State, UC Riverside and Valparaiso in addition to conference action in the Sun Belt Conference, the sixth rated baseball conference in all of collegiate baseball in 2013.

FULL SCHEDULE

It is really nice having a sport that we all know we are good at as a league, and everyone respects us as being good at as a league.

Texas State comes to Jonesboro this year. I will have to get my heckling material ready pretty soon. I plan on asking every single player if they know Cat Mom.

You might heckle until this guy takes the mound...

http://txstatebobcats.com/news/2013/12/4...30211.aspx
01-10-2014 01:17 AM
chiefsfan Offline

(01-10-2014 01:17 AM)Godzilla Wrote:  

FULL SCHEDULE

RA Dickey is one of my favorite major leaguers...I could never heckle a Dickey, even if they are unrelated.

Besides, I rate all my pitcher heckles on a scale of 1 to Lance Baxter. Baxter is still my most glorious heckle, and I sometimes wonder if I will ever be able to come up with material so good that the entire ASU dugout burst out laughing again.

Hopefully you have an error prone 1st basemen or something. Those are my favorites.
01-10-2014 01:21 AM
runamuck Offline
All American

I Root For: uta
(01-10-2014 01:21 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 01:17 AM)Godzilla Wrote:  

FULL SCHEDULE

RA Dickey is one of my favorite major leaguers...I could never heckle a Dickey, even if they are unrelated.

Besides, I rate all my pitcher heckles on a scale of 1 to Lance Baxter. Baxter is still my most glorious heckle, and I sometimes wonder if I will ever be able to come up with material so good that the entire ASU dugout burst out laughing again.

Hopefully you have an error prone 1st basemen or something. Those are my favorites.

that's a nice schedule. we have oklahoma, oklahoma state, tcu, utah, baylor. and texas a-m coming in and Nolan Ryan will be highlighting our First Pitch banquet. I am looking forward to attending a lot of games this year.
01-10-2014 08:31 AM
Advertisement

Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Gonna be a tough year in the belt Cajuns only lost 1 player off of a 43 win team. Added some much needed pitching depth. We will be moving 2 weekend starters from last year to the bullpen and get back our Friday night guy from 2 years ago who had tommy john. Ready for some baseball.
01-10-2014 09:14 AM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern

FULL SCHEDULE

That's a good lineup! After cracking the top 25 for part of last season I am excited about our chances this year and looking at our schedule we have some good clubs coming to Statesboro as well. The Southern Conference is not as strong as the Belt but our OOC schedule includes: Georgia, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Mercer and North Florida all of which spent time in or got votes in the top 40 last year.
Full schedule here: http://www.gseagles.com/schedule.aspx?path=baseball
01-10-2014 09:56 PM
lcitsh Offline
1st String

I Root For: sports
No, it isn't. Softball comes first.
01-10-2014 10:23 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

@adprende_TROY: Troy HC Bobby Pierce ranks 22nd among active coaches in the NCAA with a career .648 winning pct. (4-year school); best in @The_Sun_Belt
01-14-2014 02:32 PM
chiefsfan Offline

You guys realize baseball season starts only 1 month from today...right?
01-14-2014 02:48 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(01-14-2014 02:48 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  You guys realize baseball season starts only 1 month from today...right?

Hell ya! Lol

Our university has a countdown clock running... 05-mafia
01-14-2014 02:55 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

But I do have to say I HATE the first two months of baseball season. It's far too cold to sit in the stands with 40 degree weather for a baseball game.
01-14-2014 02:56 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(01-14-2014 02:55 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  
(01-14-2014 02:48 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  You guys realize baseball season starts only 1 month from today...right?

Hell ya! Lol

Our university has a countdown clock running... 05-mafia

I've been running a countdown clock in my head since last May.
01-14-2014 02:56 PM
CajunAmos Offline
All American

I Root For: Cajuns
(01-14-2014 02:56 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  But I do have to say I HATE the first two months of baseball season. It's far too cold to sit in the stands with 40 degree weather for a baseball game.

I agree the weather tends to be pretty volatile early in the season. I've been to some games in the low 30's and some games in the 90's during the first month of the season.
01-14-2014 03:31 PM
BurlingtonApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
One month away, I can't wait! This basketball season has been absolutely miserable with a lame duck coach. Baseball on the other hand is looking good!
No matter what, we'll be battle tested by conference time. Out of conference we'll be playing at Arkansas, UNC, NC State, Tennessee, Clemson, USC, and Kent State. Playing Michigan and Notre Dame in a tournament. Then we'll be hosting Notre Dame again, College of Charleston, and Wake Forest, along with a full SOCON schedule including GSU. If we can manage a winning record out of conference, we may be SERIOUSLY going places.
01-14-2014 03:31 PM
Advertisement

CajunAmos Offline
All American

I Root For: Cajuns
I think the conference may be even better this year. I think we have a shot to have four or five teams make the post season this year.
01-14-2014 03:32 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
I want the SBC to host at least two regionals. South being one of them of course.
01-14-2014 03:39 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(01-14-2014 03:39 PM)Usajags Wrote:  I want the SBC to host at least two regionals. South being one of them of course.

I don't know if we can this year, but We've got a shot at really doing that next season when we trade out a Middle Tier WKU team for Top 40 programs in App and Georgia Southern.

Potentially to win the Sun Belt in 2015, one would need to beat 5 programs who could be at or near the top 25 in major polls.
01-14-2014 03:42 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(01-14-2014 03:32 PM)CajunAmos Wrote:  I think the conference may be even better this year. I think we have a shot to have four or five teams make the post season this year.

I'm not so sure without FAU and Mtsu

Who do u see going?
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014 03:50 PM by Atlanta Trojan.)
01-14-2014 03:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.