UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lack of Self Confidence?
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
Lack of Self Confidence?
Despite the performance of the team these last two years, I thought McGee was capable of turning program around, that he just needed time to get his recruits in place after the disaster of the Callaway era. However, apparently McGee didn’t think he had it in him to get the job done and was afraid that if he stayed he would have ultimately been fired. Moving to the coordinator position at Louisville under Petrino is not a lateral move, it is an admission of failure at the head coaching level. Everyone knows it is Petrino who calls the offensive shots on his staff, not the offensive coordinator. It is either that or McGee figured out he just wasn’t cut out to be a head coach and has decided to settle for being a good assistant coach for the rest of his days. If that is the case I can see why he jumped at the chance to work with Petrino again. Either way, he is not the man I thought that he was and therefore it is best that he leave now rather than later.

Cajun
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 04:51 PM by CajunBlazer.)
01-09-2014 04:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Lack of Self Confidence?
Wow. We really are at defcon 5. Cajun is posting
01-09-2014 04:55 PM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

(01-09-2014 04:55 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Wow. We really are at defcon 5. Cajun is posting

Thank you sir I needed to laugh
01-09-2014 04:57 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

Perhaps McGee realized after two years the UAB job was a dead end job, with too many hurdles in the way of success.

I have no respect for Petrino. I can't imagine calling him a mentor.
01-09-2014 04:59 PM
BhamSnap Offline
Special Teams

(01-09-2014 04:49 PM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  Despite the performance of the team these last two years, I thought McGee was capable of turning program around, that he just needed time to get his recruits in place after the disaster of the Callaway era. However, apparently McGee didn’t think he had it in him to get the job done and was afraid that if he stayed he would have ultimately been fired. Moving to the coordinator position at Louisville under Petrino is not a lateral move, it is an admission of failure at the head coaching level. Everyone knows it is Petrino who calls the offensive shots on his staff, not the offensive coordinator. It is either that or McGee figured out he just wasn’t cut out to be a head coach and has decided to settle for being a good assistant coach for the rest of his days. If that is the case I can see why he jumped at the chance to work with Petrino again. Either way, he is not the man I thought that he was and therefore it is best that he leave now rather than later.

Cajun
Very true cajun. I think he also was realizing that being an HC was also not just about recruiting and the games, but also having to recruit and hire a staff. Something that you don't get experience doing as a OC.
01-09-2014 05:16 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(01-09-2014 04:57 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 04:55 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Wow. We really are at defcon 5. Cajun is posting

Thank you sir I needed to laugh

Only funny thing to come out of Memphis all day. 07-coffee3
01-09-2014 05:29 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

Defcon 5 is actually a state of calm. Defcon 1 is all hell breaking loose.
01-09-2014 05:31 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Know Your Defcon's.
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(01-09-2014 04:59 PM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  Perhaps McGee realized after two years the UAB job was a dead end job, with too many hurdles in the way of success.

Stop it.
stc Offline
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong

I Root For: UAB!!!
(01-09-2014 04:49 PM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  Despite the performance of the team these last two years, I thought McGee was capable of turning program around, that he just needed time to get his recruits in place after the disaster of the Callaway era. However, apparently McGee didn’t think he had it in him to get the job done and was afraid that if he stayed he would have ultimately been fired. Moving to the coordinator position at Louisville under Petrino is not a lateral move, it is an admission of failure at the head coaching level. Everyone knows it is Petrino who calls the offensive shots on his staff, not the offensive coordinator. It is either that or McGee figured out he just wasn’t cut out to be a head coach and has decided to settle for being a good assistant coach for the rest of his days. If that is the case I can see why he jumped at the chance to work with Petrino again. Either way, he is not the man I thought that he was and therefore it is best that he leave now rather than later.

Cajun

Good to see you on here. Paging 58-56 and we will be whole again
01-09-2014 05:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rook360 Offline
All American

Garrick McGee
December 17, 2013 via Twitter
Retweeted Eric Thomas (@Ericthomasbtc):

Extremely difficult don't mean it's not doable!!! Stop running from pressure and run towards it!!! Pressure is Privilege!!!
01-09-2014 05:58 PM
Advertisement

blazerjay Offline

Donators
(01-09-2014 05:53 PM)stc Wrote:  Good to see you on here. Paging 58-56 and we will be whole again

He is certainly welcome to post and end his self-imposed exile.
01-09-2014 06:23 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

(01-09-2014 05:53 PM)stc Wrote:  

Cajun
03-pissed

Thanks much. You are very kind. Memphis Blazer is close to being right for a change. I check the board occasionally, but I rarely post here any more. I spend most of internet time writing for my blog. For a while there this board got to be too much about personal attacks and have to admit I allowed myself be sucked down into cesspool. Hopefully that's changed now. I also learned that this board has almost no influence on the UAB decision makers. That's not meant to be knock on this particular board; that’s probably true of other similar athletic forums across the country. It still servers a purpose in providing a place to celebrate, to rant and get things off of your chest, and have discussions with other fans, but nothing is going to change because of what we post here. For me its most important use is to get information at a time like this and to check in with old friends.
01-09-2014 06:52 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

Duplicate Post
Duplicate post - sorry about that. I am out of practice.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 06:56 PM by CajunBlazer.)
01-09-2014 06:54 PM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(01-09-2014 05:58 PM)rook360 Wrote:  Garrick McGee

Extremely difficult don't mean it's not doable!!! Stop running from pressure and run towards it!!! Pressure is Privilege!!!

What's crazy is that the last time McGee addressed his team the subject was "Leadership". 03-lmfao
01-09-2014 06:58 PM
Puff Offline
Water Engineer

(01-09-2014 06:58 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 05:58 PM)rook360 Wrote:  Garrick McGee

What's crazy is that the last time McGee addressed his team the subject was "Leadership". 03-lmfao

No Senior Banquet. No farewell to the players. No integrity.

Not the man he tried to make us believe he was.
01-09-2014 07:23 PM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

No more doing what you want to, when you want to.

No more peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.
01-09-2014 07:24 PM
scales Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U A B
(01-09-2014 06:52 PM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 05:53 PM)stc Wrote:  

Cajun
03-pissed

Thanks much. You are very kind. Memphis Blazer is close to being right for a change. I check the board occasionally, but I rarely post here any more. I spend most of internet time writing for my blog. For a while there this board got to be too much about personal attacks and have to admit I allowed myself be sucked down into cesspool. Hopefully that's changed now. I also learned that this board has almost no influence on the UAB decision makers. That's not meant to be knock on this particular board; that’s probably true of other similar athletic forums across the country. It still servers a purpose in providing a place to celebrate, to rant and get things off of your chest, and have discussions with other fans, but nothing is going to change because of what we post here. For me its most important use is to get information at a time like this and to check in with old friends.

Good to see some sensible old timers coming back. The Funk and Cajun diatribes were quite en vogue circa 1996.
01-09-2014 08:53 PM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(01-09-2014 07:24 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  No more doing what you want to, when you want to.

No more peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.

We can still jump up and down on peanuts, and make our own peanut butter though!
01-09-2014 09:00 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(01-09-2014 04:59 PM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  Perhaps McGee realized after two years the UAB job was a dead end job, with too many hurdles in the way of success.

I have no respect for Petrino. I can't imagine calling him a mentor.

This.
01-10-2014 12:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.