Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USM give Donnie Tyndall new contract, 100k raise, renovations to RGC to start soon
Bookmark and Share
MasMack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
USM give Donnie Tyndall new contract, 100k raise, renovations to RGC to start soon
Big big news out of Hattiesburg. Details to follow.
01-08-2014 09:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MasMack Offline
1st String

RE: USM give Donnie Tyndall new contract, 100k raise, renovations to RGC to start soon
01-08-2014 10:02 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: USM give Donnie Tyndall new contract, 100k raise, renovations to RGC to start soon
any word on what will be included in the renovations?
01-08-2014 10:07 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
where can I find the salaries of CUSA basketball coaches?
01-08-2014 10:20 PM
MasMack Offline
1st String

Details on renovations will come out in next few days. But what I'm hearing is new scoreboards, reno to concessions and restrooms. Know there will be more, but not sure exact details.
01-08-2014 10:22 PM
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
New scoreboards are really nice to have, as well as renovations to concessions/restrooms. MT just started the same thing on our restrooms/concessions areas in a bigger plot to renovate the Murphy Center -- it is always awesome to see this sort of thing happening! I hope to be able to make it down there to a game before too long , sounds like it will be an even nicer place to play soon!
01-08-2014 10:38 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
Good move by USM. Tyndall has continued to show that he's the man for the job.. I think USM loves Tyndall and I hope he loves USM.. And let's be honest RG was in need of serious renovations. If we made a few more NCAA appearances I could see it being renovations for years to come. We just gotta win.
01-09-2014 08:28 AM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

This is what we call _VERY GOOD_ news. I have my doubts about our new AD.. but if he got this done, he goes up a notch in my book.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 11:28 AM by DaSaintFan.)
01-09-2014 11:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Freshy Offline
1st String

The contract is a rolling one, meaning it will always have four years remaining every year Tyndall is here under the current contract. We would owe him 1.2 million if we fired him without cause, and another school would owe us 700k if they hired him away.

McGillis has publicly stated that he is hiring an architect for reed green, but no mention was made of hiring an engineering firm. That likely means the renovations will be aesthetic and there will be no structural changes or new construction.
01-09-2014 02:55 PM
Advertisement

TOPPERSonTOP Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU TOPS
(01-08-2014 10:38 PM)Ole Blue Wrote:  New scoreboards are really nice to have, as well as renovations to concessions/restrooms. MT just started the same thing on our restrooms/concessions areas in a bigger plot to renovate the Murphy Center -- it is always awesome to see this sort of thing happening! I hope to be able to make it down there to a game before too long , sounds like it will be an even nicer place to play soon!

Covering the dirt floors are we?
01-09-2014 02:59 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-09-2014 02:55 PM)Freshy Wrote:  The contract is a rolling one, meaning it will always have four years remaining every year Tyndall is here under the current contract. We would owe him 1.2 million if we fired him without cause, and another school would owe us 700k if they hired him away.

McGillis has publicly stated that he is hiring an architect for reed green, but no mention was made of hiring an engineering firm. That likely means the renovations will be aesthetic and there will be no structural changes or new construction.

my wish list

0.1 blow up the duck blind/social media/media/thingggyyyyy.....is shameful to look at

1. add trusses, trons, all chair-back seating

2. everything else

edit: if the season plays out as predicted, does bigmac have the nads to take DT to Monken level....or better yet, would that even be enough?
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 03:16 PM by stinkfist.)
01-09-2014 03:13 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(01-09-2014 03:13 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 02:55 PM)Freshy Wrote:  The contract is a rolling one, meaning it will always have four years remaining every year Tyndall is here under the current contract. We would owe him 1.2 million if we fired him without cause, and another school would owe us 700k if they hired him away.

my wish list

0.1 blow up the duck blind/social media/media/thingggyyyyy.....is shameful to look at

2. everything else

edit: if the season plays out as predicted, does bigmac have the nads to take DT to Monken level....or better yet, would that even be enough?
If you guys make the tournament and win some games, you shouldn't have a problem paying Tyndall more.

If you can offer a coach job security and a competitive salary, you can keep them from leaving for a job that pays more at a crappy power conference school. If a major power program came calling, you'll lose every time, but that generally means the coach is leaving something great behind.
01-09-2014 03:33 PM
Freshy Offline
1st String

(01-09-2014 03:33 PM)Niner National Wrote:  

my wish list

2. everything else

If you guys make the tournament and win some games, you shouldn't have a problem paying Tyndall more.

If you can offer a coach job security and a competitive salary, you can keep them from leaving for a job that pays more at a crappy power conference school. If a major power program came calling, you'll lose every time, but that generally means the coach is leaving something great behind.

The published figures do not include bonus clauses for winning post season tournament games and home attendance bonuses. which are items that are supposedly in the contract.

Tyndall turned down interview requests from Texas Tech and Auburn last year. Supposedly the former was looking to pay up to 1.1 million while the latter was looking to pay up to 1.2 million per year.
01-09-2014 04:17 PM
Advertisement

TOPSTRAIGHT Online
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
C ongratulations on the good news! Sounds like you might be more of a bball school now.
01-09-2014 05:01 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-09-2014 03:33 PM)Niner National Wrote:  

my wish list

2. everything else

very good points....was made to one of "those car dealers" a handful of days ago....the response was as interesting as this mid-season feel good

USM cannot afford to fk this up. DT will garner more interest by year end....book it danno
01-09-2014 05:42 PM
RonBurgundy Offline
Channel 4 News Team

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Congrats Southern Miss on the upcoming Reed Green renovations. Our renovations to the TAC made the basketball experience a million times better, hopefully it will for y'all too.
01-09-2014 06:01 PM
eager eagle Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-08-2014 09:53 PM)MasMack Wrote:  Big big news out of Hattiesburg. Details to follow.

Southern Miss, during the Big East-AAC restructure, was not included with the excuse by some that the basketball program just would not "fit". Most of those objectors have left and replaced by "old time friends" but the couple that remain wants this done and will be satisfied if the Eagles take care of the matter. None of this is being done with cusa in mind.
01-09-2014 06:23 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(01-09-2014 06:23 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 09:53 PM)MasMack Wrote:  Big big news out of Hattiesburg. Details to follow.

Southern Miss, during the Big East-AAC restructure, was not included with the excuse by some that the basketball program just would not "fit". Most of those objectors have left and replaced by "old time friends" but the couple that remain wants this done and will be satisfied if the Eagles take care of the matter. None of this is being done with cusa in mind.

I'm not sure changing the scoreboard at Reed Green will really be sufficient to get us out of exile, but I hope you're right.
01-10-2014 08:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.