WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kudos to David Drew
WheresWaldo42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: BetterCall Saul
Kudos to David Drew
Seems to me that he has been working hard to get to the bottom of several stories.

First, he broke the names of the players that have left the program. It seems he is smarter than most and simply compared the newly updated 2014 roster and figured out who those guys were. And was able to finally get Fleck to confirm.

Second, his story this morning on how much $$ has been put into renovations of football facilities was a good one.

Finally, he continues to do a great job in covering the basketball and hockey programs.

All of this on a limited budget from MLive and with what appears to be limited support.

Kudos to you David Drew and thank you for keeping us as informed about our Broncos as you do.
01-06-2014 11:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
RE: Kudos to David Drew
Agreed, he does a great job of keeping us informed. Really appreciate the hard work he puts in.
01-06-2014 11:38 AM
stdatwmu Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Yup, probably the best reporter we've had. Graham started it, and was excellent, but DD is more unbiased and willing to dig into things, in my opinion.

Nice work with FOIA request on the latest story:
http://media.mlive.com/broncos_impact/ot...grades.pdf
01-06-2014 11:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
I really appreciate his reporting and efforts.
01-06-2014 11:51 AM
Broncobelt Offline
All American

DD does a good job for Bronco fans. Glad he is the beat reporter for WMU.
01-06-2014 11:51 AM
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

(01-06-2014 11:41 AM)stdatwmu Wrote:  Yup, probably the best reporter we've had. Graham started it, and was excellent, but DD is more unbiased and willing to dig into things, in my opinion.

Dave is doing a great job. Still waiting for him to up the ante ala Graham and publicly blast WMU student reporters for not showing up to practices the week of the ND game.
01-06-2014 12:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EA3 Offline
Heisman

(01-06-2014 12:39 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 11:41 AM)stdatwmu Wrote:  Yup, probably the best reporter we've had. Graham started it, and was excellent, but DD is more unbiased and willing to dig into things, in my opinion.

Dave is doing a great job. Still waiting for him to up the ante ala Graham and publicly blast WMU student reporters for not showing up to practices the week of the ND game.

Gonna be tough for him to do that. From what I understand (specifically regarding bball) he doesn't attend many practices.....likely due to being spread so thin at mlive. Hopefully the replacement they found for DeCamp helps some.
01-06-2014 01:48 PM
bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
I remember when DD got blasted by posters for his first year reporting after Graham left. He hung in there and got it done.

Hopefully, the same will happen with Coach Fleck....getting blasted his first year, hanging in there, and getting it done.
01-06-2014 08:31 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Yeah. That reporting and coaching are very similar, that's right.
01-06-2014 09:06 PM
WheresWaldo42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: BetterCall Saul
(01-06-2014 08:31 PM)bostonbronco Wrote:  I remember when DD got blasted by posters for his first year reporting after Graham left. He hung in there and got it done.

Hopefully, the same will happen with Coach Fleck....getting blasted his first year, hanging in there, and getting it done.

I give DD as much credit for pushing through and having to cover the garbage that was PJs first season.

Can you imagine having to sit in a room and try to interview that clown? Especially, when his team is 0-9 and he is acting like they are on the cusp of something great?

Again kudos to you DD for surviving the onslaught of garbage that is being shoveled your way on a daily basis.
01-07-2014 11:20 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
As a subscriber to the Gazette I can tell you it is still garbage. Local news and sports is minimal at best. It is full of syndicated 2 day old news. They are understaffed by design. Rest assured DD has a pile of resumes out and is praying for the day when he can clean out his desk and work at a real newspaper.
01-07-2014 12:29 PM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(01-07-2014 12:29 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  As a subscriber to the Gazette I can tell you it is still garbage. Local news and sports is minimal at best. It is full of syndicated 2 day old news. They are understaffed by design.

I think that's true for all MLive papers, Saginaw NEWS is the same.
01-07-2014 12:37 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

My iPad is not liking the live chat page today. 03-banghead
01-07-2014 01:01 PM
BandBronco13 Offline
Banned

i.e. Graham Couch
01-07-2014 01:02 PM
broncojohnny Offline
1st String

Whether or not Mr. Fleck is our coach in a few years, some things are crystal clear regarding his strengths ......1) he can recruit like crazy 2) bring in over $3.4 million in facility improvements.........something no other coach has come close to achieving. 3) And yes, to some. he isn't a legit head coach. Your animus toward him leaves me speechless.

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2...cart_river
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2014 01:19 PM by broncojohnny.)
01-07-2014 01:17 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

What is it with you Fleckapologists threatening to leave, never come back only to be back shortly thereafter complaining?!? Keep your word much, guys? 03-phew
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2014 01:28 PM by DesertBronco.)
01-07-2014 01:27 PM
Advertisement

BandBronco13 Offline
Banned

My guess is they are sick of your repetitive diatribe.
01-07-2014 01:37 PM
Broncobelt Offline
All American

(01-07-2014 01:17 PM)broncojohnny Wrote:  Whether or not Mr. Fleck is our coach in a few years, some things are crystal clear regarding his strengths ......1) he can recruit like crazy 2) bring in over $3.4 million in facility improvements.........something no other coach has come close to achieving. 3) And yes, to some. he isn't a legit head coach. Your animus toward him leaves me speechless.

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2...cart_river
I don't put a whole lot of credence in the statements regarding $$'s PJ has brought in. Since Gary Darnell came on board we have a new press box, numerous turf replacements, Bill Brown Alumni center and the Seeley center. It is not like PJ turned on a spigot that was dry.

Several of those projects were way more $$'s than what PJ is talking about.
01-07-2014 01:42 PM
BandBronco13 Offline
Banned

You people are absolutely ridiculous. You've got people out there reporting facts and you STILL don't buy it because it doesn't fit the "P.J. Fleck is a snakey-car salesman" narrative.

What will you believe?

Show of hands... how many of the people dogging on Fleck have walked through the Bill Brown Center in the last few weeks and seen any of the improvements yourselves? I'm guessing not very many...
01-07-2014 01:51 PM
Broncobelt Offline
All American

My point is that we had major building projects, far in excess of $3.4M, under prior coaching regimes and never has a coach taken credit for them. Now PJ comes on board and the upgrades to these same facilities are all about him.

You have said, BB13, that PJ's message is consistent. I agree, all his messages consistently center on him.
01-07-2014 01:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.