Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Major Bowls to reduce ticket requirements
CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
Major Bowls to reduce ticket requirements
The new CFP bowls will mostly reduce their ticket allotment requirements to schools. Instead of 17,500 each, it will be only 12,500 each for the Peach, Cotton, or Fiesta and the two semifinal games. The NCG however will require a 20,000 ticket guarantee from each school. The Rose, Sugar, and Orange will still set their own limits when not a semifinal game.

My thoughts, how are they going to sell 20,000 tickets for a game in about a week?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nca...s/4331253/
01-05-2014 09:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
RE: Major Bowls to reduce ticket requirements
Well that is what I was waiting for regarding the bowl ticket allotment in the new playoff era.
01-05-2014 09:18 PM
Jericho Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rice
Can't they just pre-sell the tickets? You can buy playoff tickets in MLB for teams that don't make the playoffs. Sell them after the end of the regular season and refund it if the teams get eliminated
01-05-2014 09:19 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(01-05-2014 09:19 PM)Jericho Wrote:  Can't they just pre-sell the tickets? You can buy playoff tickets in MLB for teams that don't make the playoffs. Sell them after the end of the regular season and refund it if the teams get eliminated

Bingo! Auburn and Alabama sold SEC championship tickets before the game was even played. The losing team was refunded. They'll do the same prior to the semi finals and sell the 20,000 allotment to all four teams and then refund to the two losers. In the meantime they (both the host and the school) will earn short term interest on the entire doubled balance.
01-05-2014 09:25 PM
Advertisement

CommuterBob Offline
Head Tailgater

I Root For: UCF, Ohio State
I just find it a bit odd that they'd require more tickets for a game that would have less time to prepare. Maybe the NCG won't be the corporate event the Super Bowl is.
01-05-2014 09:29 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(01-05-2014 09:29 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  I just find it a bit odd that they'd require more tickets for a game that would have less time to prepare. Maybe the NCG won't be the corporate event the Super Bowl is.

I sure hope you're right, but I must confess I have sincere doubts that it can keep from becoming a corporate monstrosity. The National Championship tickets here were $680 for a pair. This year my brother in law and my nephew are using ours. That was a faculty and staff price too. At Auburn immediate family which includes brothers, nephews, grandchildren, etc. are free to use their family's tickets. I know people here who are paying up to $1700 for a regular ticket. I've heard the box seat area tickets are going for $33,000 for a pair. If that's the case it is already well on its way to too much corporate influence. Good thread Bob. The news means that they are at least confronting what we've all been seeing.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014 09:36 PM by JRsec.)
01-05-2014 09:35 PM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
(01-05-2014 09:35 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 09:29 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  I just find it a bit odd that they'd require more tickets for a game that would have less time to prepare. Maybe the NCG won't be the corporate event the Super Bowl is.

I sure hope you're right, but I must confess I have sincere doubts that it can keep from becoming a corporate monstrosity. The National Championship tickets here were $680 for a pair. This year my brother in law and my nephew are using ours. That was a faculty and staff price too. At Auburn immediate family which includes brothers, nephews, grandchildren, etc. are free to use their family's tickets. I know people here who are paying up to $1700 for a regular ticket. I've heard the box seat area tickets are going for $33,000 for a pair. If that's the case it is already well on its way to too much corporate influence. Good thread Bob. The news means that they are at least confronting what we've all been seeing.

Crazy for what something that isn't even professional.
01-05-2014 10:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.