Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Head Coach Search Struggles
Old Dominion Navy Offline
The Lion King

I Root For: ODU SDSU
Head Coach Search Struggles
One thing I've noticed lately, coaches aren't clamoring to take the big jobs that they have in recent years. USC tried to go big and eventually settled on Sark IMO. Texas has looked at some big name and have been turned down.

My question is is that because its just as easy to win at places with less expectations and pressures to win now?
01-02-2014 08:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
RE: Head Coach Search Struggles
It isn't really that lately. My observation over the past fifteen years or so is that it is often pretty difficult to hire a head football coach, even at places like Texas.
01-02-2014 10:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Old Dominion Navy Offline
The Lion King

I Root For: ODU SDSU
It seems that even 5 years ago both schools could have hand picked a coach from almost anywhere. It just seems like a trend of coaches to stay put with most games on tv no school really have an advantage there save for ND, BYU, Boise and Texas having special deals.
01-02-2014 11:38 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(01-02-2014 08:31 PM)Old Dominion Navy Wrote:  One thing I've noticed lately, coaches aren't clamoring to take the big jobs that they have in recent years. USC tried to go big and eventually settled on Sark IMO. Texas has looked at some big name and have been turned down.

My question is is that because its just as easy to win at places with less expectations and pressures to win now?

I think you can have a better quality of life and make the same money long term if you're not at a school where you have to win 10 games or more every year or be in danger of losing your job.

You would be the hero forever at the school you brought to the top and that will allow you to keep your job through some down years. Kirk Ferentz is doing fine in Iowa although they have only played in the BCS a few times with him.
01-03-2014 06:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.