Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

nice season fellas....
nightowl24 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
nice season fellas....
i resolved this year to not post as much or follow the board as much as i have in the past. mainly cause i needed to focus on me and mine and when i came on here i found myself spouting a lot of things that should be kept to myself.

i'm very passionate about rice football but with my passion there is emotion. with that emotion comes harsh words and very strong opinions. therefore i support from a far due to seeing the holes knowing ways to fix them but not being able to help them.

with that said. as always i'm proud of the team. they represent a great institution and a tradition of being scholars and athletes. we conduct ourselves properly when people are looking and when they aren't we keep our foolishness to a somewhat moderate level...lol..this team achieved more than many teams before them. they showed smart guys do finish first. i hope they can take this momentum and begin to stack years similar to this. boost recruiting, boost donations, and get more backing from not only the university staff and the students, but also the greater houston area.

i wasn't able to watch the game cause i was coaching a girl's basketball game(part of my job responsibilities). from what i hear we just didn't show up. still proud of you boys, hold your heads high and know that you made your fellow football bretheren and non-football brethen very happy and proud.

#smartguysdoitbetter
12-31-2013 10:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mrbig Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
RE: nice season fellas....
Thanks for the post. Your defensive insights have been missed, but sounds like you have your priorities straight!
12-31-2013 10:34 PM
austinowl73 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Rice, the Phils

New Orleans Bowl
Great post Nightowl. Thanks.
12-31-2013 10:39 PM
Advertisement

nightowl24 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
i'm not able to watch games on tv or even make it to games cause of my work schedule...so i just resolved to fade into the background. none the less i'm working for rice...we shall see if my efforts come through for the blue and grey....much love...maybe i'll post more this upcoming year...we shall see.....
12-31-2013 10:42 PM
texowl2 Offline
All American

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(12-31-2013 10:42 PM)nightowl24 Wrote:  i'm not able to watch games on tv or even make it to games cause of my work schedule...so i just resolved to fade into the background. none the less i'm working for rice...we shall see if my efforts come through for the blue and grey....much love...maybe i'll post more this upcoming year...we shall see.....

Please do so. The best poster we have
12-31-2013 10:51 PM
Advertisement

nightowl24 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
well thank you texowl2, very humbled by your words.....if things go the way i'm expecting i will be making some drastic changes to my schedule so i will be able to make it to more games and watch more games(when televised)...
12-31-2013 10:53 PM
Ricefootballnet Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Institute

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
Us old geezers are sitting here in Memphis, commiserating and drinking a bit too much. You sx know we remember the great contributions you made and the support you've given the team. You are the kind of grad we want to produce.

Josh, just want to see you have continued professional and personal/career success.

One of these days, when you have grey hair like me, will sit down and tell the whole thing. You are a great Rice man. Care a lot about you, bub.

Now back to the vino. The loss hurts big. But we're still proud.
12-31-2013 10:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nightowl24 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
again the words are too kind....i really am just trying to uphold the standards that come with the honor of being a rice grad...i love my school and will always support.....
12-31-2013 11:10 PM
3-OwlsInTheNest Offline
Special Teams

(12-31-2013 10:29 PM)nightowl24 Wrote:  i resolved this year to not post as much or follow the board as much as i have in the past. mainly cause i needed to focus on me and mine and when i came on here i found myself spouting a lot of things that should be kept to myself.

i'm very passionate about rice football but with my passion there is emotion. with that emotion comes harsh words and very strong opinions. therefore i support from a far due to seeing the holes knowing ways to fix them but not being able to help them.

with that said. as always i'm proud of the team. they represent a great institution and a tradition of being scholars and athletes. we conduct ourselves properly when people are looking and when they aren't we keep our foolishness to a somewhat moderate level...lol..this team achieved more than many teams before them. they showed smart guys do finish first. i hope they can take this momentum and begin to stack years similar to this. boost recruiting, boost donations, and get more backing from not only the university staff and the students, but also the greater houston area.

i wasn't able to watch the game cause i was coaching a girl's basketball game(part of my job responsibilities). from what i hear we just didn't show up. still proud of you boys, hold your heads high and know that you made your fellow football bretheren and non-football brethen very happy and proud.

#smartguysdoitbetter

Great post. Nice line, too: "smart guys do finish first." We've missed reading your insights, to include strong words and opinions. Best to your teams.
01-01-2014 09:01 AM
Advertisement

I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
nice season fellas....
Good to hear from you, and miss your insights. By my reckoning, we should have at least two defensive backs to count on in about 7-8 years ...

Good luck in the new year - both to your family personally, and professionally!
01-01-2014 11:29 AM
davidw Offline
Special Teams

Yes, please come back to the board Nightowl. Since you are active in the coaching profession, your insights help us armchair quarterbacks (who are clueless) see the reality of the situation at Rice and with this coaching staff. You know what you are talking about since you do it every day.

Your comments are not taken negatively; you always moderate your thoughts and any criticism is primarily constructive criticism.

Come back, PLEASE.
01-02-2014 09:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.