Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Carey...Cole...Nieman
Bookmark and Share
JCCNIU31 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
Carey...Cole...Nieman
Now that the season is over...what say you??

Sent from my iPhone.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013 12:37 AM by JCCNIU31.)
12-27-2013 12:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JCCNIU31 Offline
1st String

Carey...Cole...Nieman
Carey 0-3 in postseason play...I'll give him a pass for FSU but BGSU and USU no way...

Sent from my iPhone.
12-27-2013 12:40 AM
JB04 Offline
1st String

RE: Carey...Cole...Nieman
Nieman NEEDS to go. I still like Cole. Carey I am mixed
12-27-2013 12:44 AM
Kulz007 Offline
1st String

Makes me a little sad in side. Okay, a lot sad I side.
12-27-2013 12:45 AM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
I hate Cole, I think he is far too stubborn with his planned play calling and doesnt make adjustments to what is working.
12-27-2013 12:45 AM
JCCNIU31 Offline
1st String

Carey...Cole...Nieman
I guess at the end of the day I blame Carey. He approves the game plan...

Sent from my iPhone.
12-27-2013 12:46 AM
Advertisement

huskie1stdown Offline
Heisman

New DC and OC needed.
12-27-2013 12:47 AM
YoungPup Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-27-2013 12:45 AM)NIUSox10 Wrote:  I hate Cole, I think he is far too stubborn with his planned play calling and doesnt make adjustments to what is working.

This...
12-27-2013 12:48 AM
JCCNIU31 Offline
1st String

Carey...Cole...Nieman
(12-27-2013 12:47 AM)huskie1stdown Wrote:  New DC and OC needed.

New head coach? He picked these
Clowns.

Sent from my iPhone.
12-27-2013 12:48 AM
Kevin S Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Ass clowns!
12-27-2013 12:50 AM
spanky Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-27-2013 12:47 AM)huskie1stdown Wrote:  New DC and OC needed.

Yeah, this never happens at this level. Your message is clear. And I agree.
12-27-2013 12:52 AM
Advertisement

bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

Carey was a better O coordinator and was better at calling plays than Cole.
12-27-2013 12:53 AM
JCCNIU31 Offline
1st String

Carey...Cole...Nieman
(12-27-2013 12:53 AM)bikechuck Wrote:  Carey was a better O coordinator and was better at calling plays than Cole.

Agree. Sometimes coordinators are not good head coaches

Sent from my iPhone.
12-27-2013 12:55 AM
NIUFAN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Play calling=poor.

Lynch is not an NFL guy but Jimmie Ward is. I think we knew that going into the game tonight...but it just sucks to say it!
12-27-2013 12:56 AM
JB04 Offline
1st String

My Christmas wish....Niemann becomes the DC at Iowa.. Too bad it is the 26th.
12-27-2013 12:58 AM
niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

WAY too early to change head coaches....and I do like Carey.

Even when we were winning I wasn't happy with our play calling changes from the 2011 season. IMO our play calling in 2011 was just fantastic. Hasn't been the same.
Defensively we've been limited by players but have done well enough considering.

So, my vote would be
Keep: HC and DC
Boot: OC

I say that recognizing that we have done all kinds of good things on the record books...but damn, we just seem quick to abandon things that work.
12-27-2013 01:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

The defense played great except that one drive that put the game away in the fourth quarter. Of course if we take advantage of the bishop int. it'd be a different story. At least it wasn't a blowout. We looked pathetic in the second half. We had no spark or energy on offense. The defense got worn down. It was the exact opposite of the MACC.
12-27-2013 01:00 AM
Kansacity88 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU, ILL, & ISU
Carey...Cole...Nieman
Well, since I'm new(ish) here and being a coach myself (not in college....thank goodness) I will just give my perspective.

First, I would DEFINITELY keep Carey. He seems to be alright but I'd say he'd need to take over play calling duties on the offensive side of the ball when things start getting dim!

Secondly, on defense, I don't mind Niemann but you have GOT TO get these players some practice at tackling. Everytime I looked up #11 was breaking an arm tackle from a defender (whomever that may have been) and getting a 1st down. *Now here is my coach view* That may be hard to do now that all these restrictions for contact in practice have come into play the past couple years. So I'd say good luck with that. The defense showed up big time tonight but I really don't think this game would've been even THIS close had Keeton been playing. We'd have gotten hammered....no joke!

Finally, again, as an outsider (and I am NOT gonna act like I am a football genius and know everything about whatever I see on the TV, but...) it seemed like we only ran 9 different plays. I am a football junkie and I have DVR'ed the game so I am gonna watch it (probably) 7-10 times (honestly) and checkout as much as I can actually see from the broadcast (wish I could find it on HUDL) but as someone above stated, what the hell happened to all those plays from last season? From the EIU game? Purdue? Yes, USU had a good defense....not disputing that at all. But this was one of the top offenses in the country. You're telling me we scored all those points off of the few plays we ran tonight? Aside from me thinking Simms was shaving points (but deep down I think it had a lot to do with his injury and his confidence coming back from it) that's all we had? We couldn't come out with anything different in the second half?

My votes?
Keep HC
Keep DC
Maybe it was just a brain fart few weeks for Cole? Jury is still out IMHO on Cole!

Just my $.02

With all that being said, sad for it to end this way but helluva season....12-2....I'll take it. Love my Huskies! Husky for life!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-27-2013 01:29 AM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
(12-27-2013 01:29 AM)Kansacity88 Wrote:  Well, since I'm new(ish) here and being a coach myself (not in college....thank goodness) I will just give my perspective.

First, I would DEFINITELY keep Carey. He seems to be alright but I'd say he'd need to take over play calling duties on the offensive side of the ball when things start getting dim!

Secondly, on defense, I don't mind Niemann but you have GOT TO get these players some practice at tackling. Everytime I looked up #11 was breaking an arm tackle from a defender (whomever that may have been) and getting a 1st down. *Now here is my coach view* That may be hard to do now that all these restrictions for contact in practice have come into play the past couple years. So I'd say good luck with that. The defense showed up big time tonight but I really don't think this game would've been even THIS close had Keeton been playing. We'd have gotten hammered....no joke!

Finally, again, as an outsider (and I am NOT gonna act like I am a football genius and know everything about whatever I see on the TV, but...) it seemed like we only ran 9 different plays. I am a football junkie and I have DVR'ed the game so I am gonna watch it (probably) 7-10 times (honestly) and checkout as much as I can actually see from the broadcast (wish I could find it on HUDL) but as someone above stated, what the hell happened to all those plays from last season? From the EIU game? Purdue? Yes, USU had a good defense....not disputing that at all. But this was one of the top offenses in the country. You're telling me we scored all those points off of the few plays we ran tonight? Aside from me thinking Simms was shaving points (but deep down I think it had a lot to do with his injury and his confidence coming back from it) that's all we had? We couldn't come out with anything different in the second half?

My votes?
Keep HC
Keep DC
Maybe it was just a brain fart few weeks for Cole? Jury is still out IMHO on Cole!

Just my $.02

With all that being said, sad for it to end this way but helluva season....12-2....I'll take it. Love my Huskies! Husky for life!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with most of what you said, except Carey still needs to be seasoned as a HC. He still makes some head scratching calls.

If we kept the playbook we had for the Ball State and EIU and Purdue game for the MACC and USU, would have been a different outcome.

But Lynch also did miss a lot of throws tonight and turned the ball over twice.
12-27-2013 01:33 AM
NIUHuskies86 Offline
Old by internet standards

2012-2013 Jordan was more accomplished than 2010-2011 Chandler, however I think we need to keep in mind that it was definitely easier to call a game for Chandler than for Jordan. There really weren't any limitations for what you called with Harnish. He was an outstanding runner (not as good as Lynch, but still outstanding) and a very good passer (certainly better than Lynch). I'm inclined to give our offensive coaches a lot more credit for what they got out of Lynch most games than blame them for his failures in our losses with him at QB.

As for the defense, there is enormous turnover on the line, so it will be interesting to see if they can find sufficient replacement parts in 2014. The secondary has to be overhauled, from personnel to scheme. Outside of #15, this year was a complete embarrassment back there. The improvement the defense made in late 2011 and then 2012 under Niemann makes me think he deserves a shot to oversee this.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013 01:47 AM by NIUHuskies86.)
12-27-2013 01:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.