Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Alabama fans not excited about playing Oklahoma in Sugar Bowl
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Alabama fans not excited about playing Oklahoma in Sugar Bowl
Instead, Alabama fans had visions playing for yet another national championship, this time in the Rose Bowl.

The Sugar Bowl match against #11 Oklahoma is a huge letdown evidently and obviously.

From Dallas Morning News:
"In the entire states of Oklahoma and Alabama, hotel searches (hotel.com) for New Orleans were up 379% in Oklahoma and 127% for Alabama."
12-26-2013 12:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Flying Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Who I wnt 2 win
RE: Alabama fans not excited about playing Oklahoma in Sugar Bowl
None of this is surprising. Alabama fans have been expecting national titles on a regular basis for the past couple of years. Anything less is a disappointment.
12-26-2013 12:45 PM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
Yep, not surprising and by no means is this a knock on Oklahoma nor should it be. It is just about what Alabama fans have grown to expect. That is why Alabama would be a ****** place to coach at should Saban ever retire or move on. The expectations there are just ridiculous.
12-26-2013 06:37 PM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
They should've invited South Carolina if they wanted fans to **** their pants over the Sugar Bowl. They had to know going in that Alabama was going to be lukewarm at best about going
12-26-2013 06:41 PM
He1nousOne Offline

It's the Sugar Bowl. It is New Orleans. The tickets will sell even if the Crimson and Cream crybabies don't think that the match up is worthy of their presence. I for one will be an Oklahoma fan on that day.
12-26-2013 06:45 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(12-26-2013 06:37 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  Yep, not surprising and by no means is this a knock on Oklahoma nor should it be. It is just about what Alabama fans have grown to expect. That is why Alabama would be a ****** place to coach at should Saban ever retire or move on. The expectations there are just ridiculous.

It's Not the fact that They are playing Oklahoma in the sugar Bowl, It's the fact Auburn is playing FSU instead.01-lauramac2
12-26-2013 07:43 PM
Advertisement

He1nousOne Offline

(12-26-2013 07:43 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  
(12-26-2013 06:37 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  Yep, not surprising and by no means is this a knock on Oklahoma nor should it be. It is just about what Alabama fans have grown to expect. That is why Alabama would be a ****** place to coach at should Saban ever retire or move on. The expectations there are just ridiculous.

It's Not the fact that They are playing Oklahoma in the sugar Bowl, It's the fact Auburn is playing FSU instead.01-lauramac2

Good point, that is definitely part of it. That isn't the entirety of it though. That is just more detail to the same point that everyone has made. The fact that Auburn beat them the way they did and that Auburn is the team representing in the National Championship, that just further aggravates the Tide faithful.
12-26-2013 07:49 PM
jml2010 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tx Tech & UNT
(12-26-2013 06:45 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  It's the Sugar Bowl. It is New Orleans. The tickets will sell even if the Crimson and Cream crybabies don't think that the match up is worthy of their presence. I for one will be an Oklahoma fan on that day.

Yeah, I agree with that. I don't really care what happens to the rest of the Big 12 as far as bowls go but I'll be cheering for my Red Raiders and Sooners/Cowboys.
12-26-2013 08:24 PM
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(12-26-2013 12:06 PM)Tallgrass Wrote:  Instead, Alabama fans had visions playing for yet another national championship, this time in the Rose Bowl.

The Sugar Bowl match against #11 Oklahoma is a huge letdown evidently and obviously.

"In the entire states of Oklahoma and Alabama, hotel searches (hotel.com) for New Orleans were up 379% in Oklahoma and 127% for Alabama."

It must be great having the problem. I would love to be disappointed about "only" making a BCS bowl.
12-26-2013 08:53 PM
SMUmustangs Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-26-2013 12:06 PM)Tallgrass Wrote:  Instead, Alabama fans had visions playing for yet another national championship, this time in the Rose Bowl.

Statistics like this are usually skewed. I am sure one of the reasons for this difference is the geographic loaction of the two states. Many Alabama fans in the Southern part of the state can drive in and out of New Orleans and do not need a hotel in New Orleans per se.

For many Oklahoma fans it is a two day drive... going and coming.
12-26-2013 09:49 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
(12-26-2013 06:41 PM)Gamecock Wrote:  They should've invited South Carolina if they wanted fans to **** their pants over the Sugar Bowl. They had to know going in that Alabama was going to be lukewarm at best about going

TV ratings > Butts in seats

A bowl will take, for example, +20% viewership for -20% attendance.

Not that in this case it will matter as the Sugar will likely sell out, if not come close, and have great ratings.
12-26-2013 10:04 PM
Advertisement

TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
(12-26-2013 06:45 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  It's the Sugar Bowl. It is New Orleans. The tickets will sell even if the Crimson and Cream crybabies don't think that the match up is worthy of their presence. I for one will be an Oklahoma fan on that day.

Hey, we agree on something! 04-cheers
12-26-2013 10:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(12-26-2013 12:45 PM)Flying Bearcat Wrote:  None of this is surprising. Alabama fans have been expecting national titles on a regular basis for the past couple of years. Anything less is a disappointment.

Agree. That's how you know your program is at the top of the heap.
12-26-2013 10:39 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Of course, the other part of this is that Alabama fans know Saban and company are going to kick Oklahoma's butt in this game. It won't even be close.
12-26-2013 10:43 PM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
(12-26-2013 10:04 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  
(12-26-2013 06:41 PM)Gamecock Wrote:  They should've invited South Carolina if they wanted fans to **** their pants over the Sugar Bowl. They had to know going in that Alabama was going to be lukewarm at best about going

TV ratings > Butts in seats

A bowl will take, for example, +20% viewership for -20% attendance.

Not that in this case it will matter as the Sugar will likely sell out, if not come close, and have great ratings.

Oh yeah absolutely. Alabama brings the casual viewers no doubt. Blue Bloods and all that
12-26-2013 11:37 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Going to the Superdome and to New Orleans kind of sucks...

Being in the game etc is fine but the location pretty much sucks once you've been there a few times.

The fact that Oklahoma isn't very good this year helps add to the low interest.

The entertainment value of the game is very, very, low.

All that said, I think they could easily beat us and most folks wouldn't even care if they did; I know I wouldn't.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013 12:06 AM by HeartOfDixie.)
12-27-2013 12:01 AM
Advertisement

He1nousOne Offline

Yeah, that whole....going into a big city thing huh?
12-27-2013 12:20 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
?
12-27-2013 12:21 AM
He1nousOne Offline

(12-26-2013 10:24 PM)TerryD Wrote:  

Hey, we agree on something! 04-cheers

You aren't supposed to say anything when that happens Terry. Just wink and nod. I don't want my new Michigan buddies around here to start Hating me like all the ACC cheerleaders do.
12-27-2013 12:22 AM
jml2010 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tx Tech & UNT
(12-27-2013 12:01 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Going to the Superdome and to New Orleans kind of sucks...

Being in the game etc is fine but the location pretty much sucks once you've been there a few times.

The fact that Oklahoma isn't very good this year helps add to the low interest.

The entertainment value of the game is very, very, low.

All that said, I think they could easily beat us and most folks wouldn't even care if they did; I know I wouldn't.

T-shirt fans could care less, true Bama grads are thrilled to be invited.

10th aggy t-shirt fan can't relate but he would sell his 1st born for a shot a this game.04-cheers
12-27-2013 02:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.