Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

" Americans Don’t Like Obamacare Because It “Just Isn’t Liberal Enough"
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
" Americans Don’t Like Obamacare Because It “Just Isn’t Liberal Enough"
[Image: e0f6.png]

Could these people be more detached from reality? Unreal...

There isn’t a majority that opposes the Affordable Care Act because it’s too liberal, in fact, a good number of Americans don’t think it’s liberal enough.
Today’s CNN poll on the Affordable Care Act seems like a blow to supporters of the law. When asked if they “generally favor or generally oppose” the president’s health care overhaul, only 35 percent say they “favor.” The large majority—65 percent—say they “oppose.”

For Republicans who have staked their entire message on opposition to Obamacare, this looks like vindication. Not only was the rollout a disaster, but now, the public has turned decisively against the effort. Why would they stop the attacks and calls for repeal if Americans are united in disdain for the law?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...nough.html

The problem for Republicans—and the good news for supporters—is that the results are a little more complicated than they look. In addition to the binary question about support or opposition, CNN also asked respondents to explain their position on the law. Do they oppose the legislation because it’s too liberal, or do they oppose it because it’s not liberal enough.
12-24-2013 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: " Americans Don’t Like Obamacare Because It “Just Isn’t Liberal Enough"
Wow.

I bet most Americans want to find gold/oil/emeralds on their property too.
12-24-2013 01:46 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
What exactly does "not liberal enough", mean. I'm thinking it is akin to "Hope and Change".
12-24-2013 01:52 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(12-24-2013 01:52 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  What exactly does "not liberal enough", mean. I'm thinking it is akin to "Hope and Change".

It means "not enough free stuff for me."
12-24-2013 01:53 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(12-24-2013 01:53 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(12-24-2013 01:52 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  What exactly does "not liberal enough", mean. I'm thinking it is akin to "Hope and Change".

It means "not enough free stuff for me."

So, its like Cuba or Communist Russia, where Health care might be free but all the proceeds of your labor goes to the gov't central planers, and if you don't produce enough money for them, you go to jail or Sibera. That "not liberal enough"?

Are Americans really "clear" about what "not liberal enough" means.
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2013 02:01 PM by SumOfAllFears.)
12-24-2013 01:58 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(12-24-2013 01:37 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  [Image: e0f6.png]

Could these people be more detached from reality? Unreal...

There isn’t a majority that opposes the Affordable Care Act because it’s too liberal, in fact, a good number of Americans don’t think it’s liberal enough.
Today’s CNN poll on the Affordable Care Act seems like a blow to supporters of the law. When asked if they “generally favor or generally oppose” the president’s health care overhaul, only 35 percent say they “favor.” The large majority—65 percent—say they “oppose.”

For Republicans who have staked their entire message on opposition to Obamacare, this looks like vindication. Not only was the rollout a disaster, but now, the public has turned decisively against the effort. Why would they stop the attacks and calls for repeal if Americans are united in disdain for the law?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...nough.html

The problem for Republicans—and the good news for supporters—is that the results are a little more complicated than they look. In addition to the binary question about support or opposition, CNN also asked respondents to explain their position on the law. Do they oppose the legislation because it’s too liberal, or do they oppose it because it’s not liberal enough.
Well, given that large parts of it were Republican ideas, they are right. Many that are against Obamacare want single payer/Medicare for all.
12-24-2013 03:30 PM
dmacfour Offline
All American

I Root For: Idaho Vandals
That's what I was going to say. I think that a lot of people who voted for Obama were expecting a single payer system.
12-24-2013 03:32 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline

Not one single Republican voted for it. It all on you liberals. Liberals had the House, Senate and presidency, and you f'ucked it up big time.
12-24-2013 05:06 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
(12-24-2013 03:32 PM)dmacfour Wrote:  That's what I was going to say. I think that a lot of people who voted for Obama were expecting a single payer system.

A lot of people who voted for it were expecting a free health care system and then were shocked when they were handed the bill.
12-24-2013 05:30 PM
Advertisement

BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Donators
(12-24-2013 05:30 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  
(12-24-2013 03:32 PM)dmacfour Wrote:  That's what I was going to say. I think that a lot of people who voted for Obama were expecting a single payer system.

A lot of people who voted for it were expecting a free health care system and then were shocked when they were handed the bill.
They weren't handed the bill, we were.
12-24-2013 05:53 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
Liberals want high wages for themselves but think everyone else works for free. Get a job, ya bums.
12-24-2013 05:56 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
(12-24-2013 05:53 PM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  

True I should have said supported rather than voted since NONE of us actually got to vote on the POS.
12-24-2013 06:03 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(12-24-2013 05:53 PM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  

04-bow

When that mofo comes due...the politicians heads are going to explode. They have no idea what they have done.
12-24-2013 06:06 PM
Advertisement

oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
LOL I saw this. Sad liberals were saying this right after the disastrous rollout.

Acting like they knew all along that it wasn't what America wanted and they should have gone straight to a single payer system.
12-24-2013 06:32 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
It ain't single-payer so it isn't liberal enough, but that's only part of the story. Some people don't like it because they believe that it's barking up the wrong trees and causing a bunch of other problems, like myself. Others believe that the system was good and perfectly sustainable as is.
12-24-2013 06:53 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-24-2013 06:53 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  It ain't single-payer so it isn't liberal enough, but that's only part of the story. Some people don't like it because they believe that it's barking up the wrong trees and causing a bunch of other problems, like myself. Others believe that the system was good and perfectly sustainable as is.

It's not American.
12-24-2013 06:56 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(12-24-2013 06:56 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  
(12-24-2013 06:53 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  It ain't single-payer so it isn't liberal enough, but that's only part of the story. Some people don't like it because they believe that it's barking up the wrong trees and causing a bunch of other problems, like myself. Others believe that the system was good and perfectly sustainable as is.

It's not American.

It's actually uniquely American, unfortunately. No other country has anything like it.
12-24-2013 07:00 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-24-2013 07:00 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  
(12-24-2013 06:56 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  

It's not American.

It's actually uniquely American, unfortunately. No other country has anything like it.

It is very unAmerican for the federal govt to force the public to buy a product or face punishment.

That is the point.
12-24-2013 07:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.