Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BC-ND at Fenway Park in 2015
jmc79er Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Boston College
BC-ND at Fenway Park in 2015
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/re..._firs.html

"Fenway Park will host the college football game between Boston College and Notre Dame in 2015. The matchup, a.k.a. The Shamrock Series, will take place on Nov. 21, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. The game will be broadcast on NBC."

Sounds like an ND home game; BC doesn't lose a home game visit to Alumni Stadium in the ND/ACC rotation. There are a ton of Irish fans in Boston; this will likely be a pro-ND crowd. Hope BC gets a decent allotment of tickets, but, Fenway is a very small venue....I assume capacity will be less than the 44.5K at Alumni Stadium. Regardless of crowd composition, this will be pretty cool. Fenway is one of the unique features that makes Boston the great city it is.
12-20-2013 02:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

I Root For: Louisville
RE: BC-ND at Fenway Park in 2015
(12-20-2013 02:17 PM)jmc79er Wrote:  Sounds like an ND home game; BC doesn't lose a home game visit to Alumni Stadium in the ND/ACC rotation. There are a ton of Irish fans in Boston; this will likely be a pro-ND crowd.

It is a Notre Dame home game. They moved the game from ND. Purdue is getting 10,000 tickets for their Shamrock series game in 2014, albeit at a bigger stadium. I don't imagine BC will get more than the standard 5500 tickets visiting teams get.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2013 02:25 PM by adcorbett.)
12-20-2013 02:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
orangefan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
(12-20-2013 02:24 PM)adcorbett Wrote:  
(12-20-2013 02:17 PM)jmc79er Wrote:  Sounds like an ND home game; BC doesn't lose a home game visit to Alumni Stadium in the ND/ACC rotation. There are a ton of Irish fans in Boston; this will likely be a pro-ND crowd.

It is a Notre Dame home game. They moved the game from ND. Purdue is getting 10,000 tickets for their Shamrock series game in 2014, albeit at a bigger stadium. I don't imagine BC will get more than the standard 5500 tickets visiting teams get.

They didn't move the game. It's part of their rotating "Shamrock Series" in which they play one home game at a neutral site annually. As they move to their new scheduling model, this will help them maintain 7 home games while maintaining commitments to play Navy, USC, Stanford and the ACC that use up 4 of their 5 road games every year. Their other 4 games become a combination of two games that are part of home and home series, one home game with no return date (vs. a mid major), and one Shamrock Series game. BC is a Shamrock Series game because ND plays 6 ACC schools in 2015.
12-23-2013 11:35 AM
Advertisement

adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

I Root For: Louisville
Like I said, they moved the game. It was a ND home game, in terms of rights, ownership, and tickets, that they moved as part of the Shamrock series. Just like Purdue this year, and others before and after. Had the game been scheduled as a neutral site game (which they have done in the past) contractually, then it would be different. But this was a home game they owned, and chose to move. Just like I said. And, also as I said, they own the tickets just like a home game.

BC is not the Shamrock series game because they play six ACC schools. They are the Shamrock series game because that was the game they chose to move.
12-27-2013 01:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lumberpack4 Offline
Banned

I Root For: ACC
Generally the Shamrock game will a game against a team that is not negatively impacted by the relocation through a combination of stadium size and location of the game.

I can see ND moving a home game with WF or Duke to Charlotte or Chicago. The same thing can happen with ND and UVA or VT regarding DC or Chicago. If the venue is good, it's a quasi bowl game for the away team. You just have to run all the numbers to see what makes financial sense, then look at what the parties want to gain through visibility in a certain area.

Can you see Miami, GT, or FSU playing ND in New Orleans? That's not a bad shamrock game and all three schools would welcome the exposure in NO.

I know NC State fans are looking forward to the 2019 trip to South Bend, but we would enjoy playing ND in Atlanta, Philadelphia, DC, Jacksonville, etc.
12-27-2013 03:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.