Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Former Owl under fire
exowlswimmer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rice
Former Owl under fire
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I am upset that a member of the Rice family (the Trinity school AD) has been accaused of discrimination. Title IX has tilted the windmills and now the tables have turned against men. In fairness the school denies all the allegations.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/18/lesbian-bos...mily-suit/
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2016 06:02 AM by exowlswimmer.)
12-19-2013 03:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Barrett Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice, SJS

New Orleans Bowl
RE: Former Owl under fire
Interesting. I didn't know Pat Krieger, who was head of athletics at The Kinkaid School in Houston, is now AD at Trinity School in NYC. Trinity's current headmaster, John C. Allman, was previously the headmaster at Kinkaid's rival, St. John's School.
12-19-2013 03:45 PM
talon owl Offline
Chicken Fingers Justin

I Root For: The OE Arrrrrgh

New Orleans BowlThe Parliament Awards
Krieger was also a coach (and I think associate AD or something of that sort) at St. John's prior to moving to Kinkaid.
12-19-2013 05:10 PM
Advertisement

Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
(12-19-2013 05:10 PM)talon owl Wrote:  Krieger was also a coach (and I think associate AD or something of that sort) at St. John's prior to moving to Kinkaid.

According to this Sept. 27, 2010, article in a Trinity School publication after Krieger's hiring there as its new Director of Athletics, Krieger coached at St. John's for seven years before moving to Kinkaid, where she coached for four years before moving back to St. John's as Girls Athletics Director.

Here are the details, excerpted from the linked article:

Quote:After graduating from college, Pat was interested in two things: teaching physical education and coaching, or becoming a doctor. "... I started applying for teaching jobs. The first job I interviewed for was at St. John’s School, but they hired someone else with more experience. Luck was on my side, though, and she was unable to take the job. They offered it to me.

“I started as head varsity coach for the girls’ volleyball team although I had never played volleyball. I spent my summer learning the game. I joined a US Volleyball Team, talked with a professor at Rice who was knowledgeable about volleyball, and taught athletic camps all summer. When I began my job at St. John’s, I was twenty-one years old coaching seventeen- and eighteen-year-old girls, and we went 0 and 9 in conference my first year. I thought, ‘What have I gotten myself into?’ But then I coached JV basketball and only lost two games. Next, I assisted in track and field and we had a great year. I was lucky to be in a learning community. I believe Trinity is the same, a community where learning is valued, not just for students, but also for faculty. St. John’s gives their faculty a chance to learn and improve and I did. I survived my 0 and 9 first year at St. John’s and five years later we won the championship.”

Pat was at St. John’s School for seven years, until the desire to return to medical school hit. She also was interested to be the head basketball and track coach, positions that were already filled at St. John's. Nearby Kinkaid School happened to have an opening for both positions. “I started working at Kinkaid School and they allowed me to arrange my schedule so I could attend the University of Houston in the morning to prepare myself for medical school. I did this for two years as a part-time student, and came to the decision that I didn’t want to attend medical school, I wanted to coach. So I coached for two more years at Kinkaid before St. John’s came knocking and asked if I wanted to become the girls athletic director. I leapt at the opportunity and remained at St. John’s for seventeen years."

Also, the school says the allegations in the fired coach's lawsuit are "utterly false and entirely baseless."
12-20-2013 04:17 AM
Barrett Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice, SJS

New Orleans Bowl
I got my schools backwards. Thanks for the detail, Almadenmike.
12-20-2013 10:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.