WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bronco Video Production
BroncoFever Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W Michigan
Bronco Video Production
I was wondering what other peoples thought are on the Bronco video production this year?

Watching other teams online streaming, it seems there are some areas of improvement:

1) Why can't they include the clock/time with the score in the top left corner?

2) Video quality? I was really impressed with Notre Dames video quality. It seem that the video quality on the Bronco highlights are better than the live video production. Is this a server issue? Do we use high definition cameras?

3) Server buffering. Do other people have buffering issues? The North Dakota GM 1 was terrible, but improved at the very end and on Saturday was better. I never thought I'd see the day where I'd say I miss fast hockey

4) Highlights, during the game. Why are we not see more?

5) In between periods filler, need to do something more than just putting up the logo

I think this area is very important, especially from a recruiting stand point. Also, if you happen to read other teams blogs, they are used to a better production and really rip on our efforts
12-19-2013 09:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: Bronco Video Production
There needs to be some money put into Bronco Insider across the board. It's pitiful how bad our streaming service is.
12-19-2013 10:33 AM
BroncoDetroit Offline
Bench Warmer

Apparently we have new cameras BUT we don't broadcast in HD because per the SID it's expensive! I offered to pay double or triple the BI fee...was told that was not the issue. Appreciate we get something BUT sure would be willing to pay for more! And it would be nice for there to be more than "lipservice" to the comments that we want to be a "class" program.
12-19-2013 11:45 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
Bush.
12-19-2013 11:56 AM
stdatwmu Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Can't we get some guys from the Computer Engineering dep't to rig up a nice streaming server? Sounds like a great senior design project to me.

Lord knows we've got to have the bandwidth out there somewhere... right?
12-19-2013 12:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BroncoFever Offline
Special Teams

(12-19-2013 11:45 AM)BroncoDetroit Wrote:  Apparently we have new cameras BUT we don't broadcast in HD because per the SID it's expensive! I

So what is the technical issue limiting us? How much $ are actually talking about to bring it in?

It just bothers me to watch a better quality production on other schools streaming services while I know there are some things they can do to make it better that doesn't cost money.
12-19-2013 12:16 PM
Advertisement

BroncoFever Offline
Special Teams

(12-19-2013 10:33 AM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  There needs to be some money put into Bronco Insider across the board. It's pitiful how bad our streaming service is.

I have all macs and can't watch anything off the school web site due to Flash

We watch the games on the wife's laptop from work
12-19-2013 12:28 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I'm on 10.8.5, downloaded the plug in and Flash works fine. No issues.
12-19-2013 12:37 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
A few years ago, I watched and marveled at how nice the FREE streaming was on the Horizon League network. It was better then than ours is now. (I'm talking video quality, not the clown students doing the broadcast).
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2013 03:49 PM by MileHighBronco.)
12-19-2013 03:48 PM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

I think the problem is that we're doing everything through Neulion. We probably can't host our own. And anybody who thinks a Major Research university doesn't have the backbone to support that kinda network is nuts.
12-19-2013 04:01 PM
Lunatic Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Bronco Hockey
I hate to be a whiney *****, but damn AD, you got us into the NCHC: Lets get a decent camera and a little bandwidth! You all have worked so hard! We have a powerplay issue and a streaming issue but everything else is on point! I loved seeing that Bronco Hockey is sponsoring teams last night at Wings Stadium. We're here to stay so let's make it happen!
12-20-2013 01:06 AM
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

That's not whiney when you have a legit beef and you frame it that way. 04-cheers
12-20-2013 01:56 AM
BroncoFever Offline
Special Teams

Well it appears that someone from WMU was reading this thread (thank you)

I noticed during Fridays game vs Miami they were actually showing some replays

Also, in between periods they replayed the weekly NCHC radio show

Now lets do a better job keeping the scoreboard current with the actual score and please find a way to post the game clock

04-rock
01-11-2014 08:34 AM
Brown and Gold Offline
1st String

It's a work in progress, but I really think we could use a student video production department like Ohio, Ball State, and CMU have. They all are fairly solid; and for having the Fetzer Center on campus showing off all that John Fetzer did in media, it's head-scratching to me that no one has ponied up the money for it.

Idk, maybe that's just me, but I'd like to see a student run channel that covers some of these sporting events, especially when hockey (arguably our biggest sport outside of football) could genuinely use it 85% of the time
01-11-2014 12:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BroncoFever Offline
Special Teams

(01-11-2014 12:52 PM)Brown and Gold Wrote:  It's a work in progress, but I really think we could use a student video production department like Ohio, Ball State, and CMU have. They all are fairly solid; and for having the Fetzer Center on campus showing off all that John Fetzer did in media, it's head-scratching to me that no one has ponied up the money for it.

Idk, maybe that's just me, but I'd like to see a student run channel that covers some of these sporting events, especially when hockey (arguably our biggest sport outside of football) could genuinely use it 85% of the time

University of OH, great video production program. Big time $$$$$$ though, but WOW!!!

St Cloud State also has a very good broadcast production program, which includes student run hockey production. It is very good and check it out next Saturday.

An interesting Kalamazoo tie, the SCSU production program secures an annual contract with a cable company to broadcast the hockey games/student ran production live. That company Fetzers "Charter"
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 02:16 PM by BroncoFever.)
01-11-2014 02:05 PM
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

University of Ohio? Where's that? Never heard of it.
01-11-2014 05:45 PM
Advertisement

Bronco nut Offline
2nd String

I Root For: western michiga
(01-11-2014 05:45 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  University of Ohio? Where's that? Never heard of it.

You would think a D1 hockey team would put on a better production,Most jr hockey feeds are much better than WMU's,I hope it gets better.
01-11-2014 06:18 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(01-11-2014 05:45 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  University of Ohio? Where's that? Never heard of it.

University of oh, right next to U of eh.
01-11-2014 06:32 PM
BroncoFever Offline
Special Teams

ha, sorry about that, my dyslexia kicked in....

That would be Ohio University....04-cheers
01-11-2014 06:51 PM
Bronco2000 Offline
Bench Warmer

It also sucks the scoreboard is rarely updated on time. When you go back to watch the replay and want to see the goals again its impossible to just jump to the point since you can't even rely on the scoreboard to change after the goal. A display of the time would be killer
01-13-2014 11:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.