Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Denver
BruinsFan31 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Belmont
Denver
Tough game tonight in Denver. While Denver has had a somewhat disappointing year, we have several injuries that are currently plaguing our team. I would say I love our chances tonight, but I think my confidence is stunted by Reece and Evan's injuries. Also, I don't know if any of you saw it, but Craig sustained another blow to the head late in the game against SDSU. Not sure whether or not his concussion symptoms have reappeared as a result of the hit but yesterday he posted "Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow." Hope thats not in reference to awaiting a decision on whether he can play or not. Without Reece, Evan and Craig, I dont like our chances at all. The line is Denver -4, so maybe Vegas knows something we don't.
12-17-2013 02:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bruin2002 Offline
Special Teams

RE: Denver
(12-17-2013 02:29 PM)BruinsFan31 Wrote:  Tough game tonight in Denver. While Denver has had a somewhat disappointing year, we have several injuries that are currently plaguing our team. I would say I love our chances tonight, but I think my confidence is stunted by Reece and Evan's injuries. Also, I don't know if any of you saw it, but Craig sustained another blow to the head late in the game against SDSU. Not sure whether or not his concussion symptoms have reappeared as a result of the hit but yesterday he posted "Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow." Hope thats not in reference to awaiting a decision on whether he can play or not. Without Reece, Evan and Craig, I dont like our chances at all. The line is Denver -4, so maybe Vegas knows something we don't.

Craig being out would not good news. I can't remember when a Belmont team was so thin on players.
12-17-2013 06:49 PM
BruinsFan31 Offline
Bench Warmer

So the announcers just said Evan Beards was starting and although he was not mentioned as a starter and I'm sure he is not playing, im pretty sure i saw Reece warnming up. -Edit: Was not Reece
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2013 10:58 PM by BruinsFan31.)
12-17-2013 10:31 PM
BruinsFan31 Offline
Bench Warmer

And yup Evan Brass is starting. Sweet! Go Bruins!
12-17-2013 10:32 PM
T-W Offline
Water Engineer

Doesn't help when Evan put two hands a ball handler and call the foul on Drew when he is standing next to no one. Unreal. What are DBO's and grad assistants for? How do refs get that wrong?
12-17-2013 11:10 PM
Advertisement

BruinsFan31 Offline
Bench Warmer

Man I tell you what....I am not impressed with this team as of late. Coach Byrd has completely changed the rotation, JJ is just a bystander, and we are playing our scrubs more than ever. Am I missing something?
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2013 11:24 PM by BruinsFan31.)
12-17-2013 11:12 PM
BruinsFan31 Offline
Bench Warmer

And seriously JJ doesn't look like he even wants the ball
12-17-2013 11:14 PM
BruinsFan31 Offline
Bench Warmer

These past two games have been Rick Byrd's worst coaching performances I've ever seen
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2013 11:50 PM by BruinsFan31.)
12-17-2013 11:49 PM
T-W Offline
Water Engineer

This is tough to watch. Back to back games with terrible defensive efforts. Kentucky could be ugly.
12-18-2013 12:00 AM
Advertisement

BruinsFan31 Offline
Bench Warmer

We just blew any chance of getting an automatic bid
12-18-2013 12:03 AM
ClemsonBrad Offline
Water Engineer

Are you all actually watching the game? I have only followed live updates and listened somewhat to the radio. How are we losing this game so badly? thoughts? It's hard for me to tell without watching.
12-18-2013 12:19 AM
T-W Offline
Water Engineer

Chowbay splits a ball screen in the second half and since its the first time in his life he has chosen not to elect a pull up off a ball screen he turns it over.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2013 12:47 AM by T-W.)
12-18-2013 12:20 AM
T-W Offline
Water Engineer

I don't know if its the coaches not prepping our guys, Denvers amazing shooting performance, or our general effort. Our offense looks like trash.
12-18-2013 12:22 AM
Advertisement

T-W Offline
Water Engineer

I am going to call out our coaches for a few things though and some of these may unwarranted.
1. Our rotation is trash. I understand fouls play a role, but some guys should NOT be seeing the minutes they are.
2. Our defense and offense is disgusting. Our offense doesn't look to take advantage of mismatches at all. Our defense looks like the coaches didn't even give the guys a scout. How does a Princeton team run that many successful backdoor cuts against you? Its either a dribble handoff on the wing or a backdoor.... umm push to the handoff guys!
3. How the hell does Evans foul on the ball get called on Drew in the first 4 minutes and not a single coach says anything? Inexcusable.

I'm clearly frustrated. Obviously I think the players hold some responsibilty, but this team performed badly and the coaches are the leaders of the team.
12-18-2013 12:32 AM
T-W Offline
Water Engineer

Let the record show that Kentucky could be ugly, but always think this team can win any game they play.
12-18-2013 12:40 AM
BruinsFan31 Offline
Bench Warmer

I thought it was a poor performance against SDSu, but tonight was just flat out devastating. This is a completely different team than the one we saw two weeks ago vs MTSU. Where the F are JJ and Drew. They are not even apart of the offense anymore. And obviously Byrd was smart to have played only two possessions of zone d in the past two years, because Belmont obviously can't play it. . Tonight was a dagger to the heart. I thought we may be the first in recent history to claim an automatic bid in the OVC. What happened to the Belmont team that took down Indiana State after bejng down 16 at half? What happened to the team that led UNC by 10 and claimed a W (in CHAPEL HILL!) because of JJ's clutch play down the stretch? What happened to the team that found a way to beat a good MTSU team without two starters? Maybe rick was telling the truth at the hoop hour when he said strategy had nothing to do with the victory at MTSU. Were we just lucky in our early game or are we just trying to lose games now?
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2013 12:50 AM by BruinsFan31.)
12-18-2013 12:48 AM
BruinsFan31 Offline
Bench Warmer

You are absolutely right T-W...the rotation tonight was trash. I am just so confused right now.
12-18-2013 12:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.