Thoughts?
12-17-2013 01:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerNK Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Suggestions for a Dry Cleaner
Bensingers is the best in town. Everyone has a different opinion about what price is "reasonable". I don't get many things dry cleaned, but what I do bring in is very nice and very costly to replace. I'm more worried about messing up the suit or sweater than the price of the services. Never had an issue with Bensingers.

If you are just getting shirts laundered, shop for price and know that any cleaners and any starch will ruin the shirts in due time.
12-17-2013 02:14 PM
Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Fair Play.
(12-17-2013 02:14 PM)TigerNK Wrote:  Bensingers is the best in town. Everyone has a different opinion about what price is "reasonable". I don't get many things dry cleaned, but what I do bring in is very nice and very costly to replace. I'm more worried about messing up the suit or sweater than the price of the services. Never had an issue with Bensingers.

If you are just getting shirts laundered, shop for price and know that any cleaners and any starch will ruin the shirts in due time.

mostly just shirts and some dress pants
what is the charge on a shirt?
12-17-2013 02:19 PM
TigerNK Offline
Special Teams

(12-17-2013 02:19 PM)Willie Becton Wrote:  mostly just shirts and some dress pants
what is the charge on a shirt?

No idea on price. My wife always goes. I do know that the price is a lot better when you bring in like 10 shirts at a time. Most guys that wear shirts and ties everyday will have something like 15-20 shirts in the rotation and make a cleaners trip whenever they get 10 or 12 dirty shirts.
12-17-2013 02:27 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
what companies make people wear ties every day? I see fewer of them than ever, but the ones I do see, or travel to, are typically in the Southeast US
12-17-2013 02:35 PM
TigerNK Offline
Special Teams

Generally speaking, the financial or legal professions still wear ties . Lawyers, stock/bond brokers, financial advisors, wealth managers, maybe even some accountants. Obviously CEOs and upper management types still wear them.
12-17-2013 02:39 PM
Advertisement

Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

I wore ties for the last fifteen years. Recently switched companies and I did not shed a tear when I hung those ties up for the last time.

It's weird. Having that on your neck becomes so engrained in your psyche... I still reach to pull it out from under the seatbelt when I get in the car.
12-17-2013 02:46 PM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
(12-17-2013 02:46 PM)Willie Becton Wrote:  I wore ties for the last fifteen years. Recently switched companies and I did not shed a tear when I hung those ties up for the last time.

It's weird. Having that on your neck becomes so engrained in your psyche... I still reach to pull it out from under the seatbelt when I get in the car.

When I quit corporate America I swore I would never wear a tie except to a wedding or a funeral. Funny how things change when you start your own company.
12-17-2013 05:19 PM
Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

In case anyone's interested it is $2.85 to launder shirts and dry cleaning (pants/suits etc) begins at $6.85. Pretty reasonable given that they have free pickup/delivery
12-18-2013 11:27 AM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
What part of town? I use Cavalier Cleaners but I'm not sure they do pick up and drop off
12-18-2013 11:53 AM
tigergreen Offline

I Root For: MEMPHIS
I've been very happy with Palvado's Cleaners on Central, close to the Liberty Bowl. Better prices & quicker service than the last ones I was using. Not sure about pickup or drop-off, however. Watch out, though; they're close to the "dump" that is Cooper-Young.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2013 12:04 PM by tigergreen.)
12-18-2013 12:03 PM
Advertisement

Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

several locations. the one I went to to discuss pricing (which is conveniently left off their site) is at poplar Kirby (a couple doors down from cavalier)

It's $0.60 more per shirt than what I was paying which I suppose pays for the "free" pickup/delivery
a well worth it premium for not having to go I'd say. I don't know what they'd charge for your sweaty bike spandex shorts.

I kid... I kid...

:o)
12-18-2013 12:19 PM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(12-18-2013 12:19 PM)Willie Becton Wrote:  several locations. the one I went to to discuss pricing (which is conveniently left off their site) is at poplar Kirby (a couple doors down from cavalier)

It's $0.60 more per shirt than what I was paying which I suppose pays for the "free" pickup/delivery
a well worth it premium for not having to go I'd say. I don't know what they'd charge for your sweaty bike spandex shorts.

I kid... I kid...

:o)

LOL

I like to leave my spandex short in a plastic bag for a couple of weeks before I take them in. It concentrates the smell of the awesomeness.

That stuff gets washed on gentle at home and air dries. Those things are to expensive to take a chance.
12-18-2013 01:14 PM
mapdude Offline
Enthusiastically Ambivalant

I Root For: U of Memphis

DonatorsDonators
We use Crazy Cleaners on GTown Pkwy. No idea what it cost...wife is the go-fer. Spencer runs a good operation there...
12-18-2013 01:17 PM
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
I agree with tigergreen. Palvado's has been my family's cleaners for more than 30 years. They can handle anything from a wedding dress to fine linen tablecloths to very fine clothes. They have cleaned and repaired infant clothes that were in my attic for 30 years. I don't think they do pickup and delivery, but I'm not certain on that.

Eastgate Cleaners is also decent to good.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2013 03:19 PM by tigergreen.)
12-18-2013 02:31 PM
Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

Well I went to pick up my first batch of shirts from bensingers
a pipe exploded at their plant and stuff wasn't there on time. grr.
(still haven't filled out the application for pickup...)

Good thing I had a couple carryover dress shirts
I'm sure this is a one time thing but it's those first impressions that get you.

It's at poplar and Kirby tigergreen. no worries. It's nice and clean out this way...
;o)
12-19-2013 12:52 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(12-18-2013 01:17 PM)mapdude Wrote:  We use Crazy Cleaners on GTown Pkwy. No idea what it cost...wife is the go-fer. Spencer runs a good operation there...

Spencer and Shane are cheap to the nth degree just ask any of their employees...but their prices are low.
12-19-2013 01:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Willie Becton Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-19-2013 01:32 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(12-18-2013 01:17 PM)mapdude Wrote:  We use Crazy Cleaners on GTown Pkwy. No idea what it cost...wife is the go-fer. Spencer runs a good operation there...

Spencer and Shane are cheap to the nth degree just ask any of their employees...but their prices are low.

Do they deliver?
12-19-2013 03:20 PM
Sheldon Cooper Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tigers
(12-19-2013 12:52 PM)Willie Becton Wrote:  Well I went to pick up my first batch of shirts from bensingers
a pipe exploded at their plant and stuff wasn't there on time. grr.
(still haven't filled out the application for pickup...)

Good thing I had a couple carryover dress shirts
I'm sure this is a one time thing but it's those first impressions that get you.

It's at poplar and Kirby tigergreen. no worries. It's nice and clean out this way...
;o)

It sucks having a bad first impression. They are very good at what they do and I am sure it they will keep you happy if given the opportunity. A good friend has the Germantown, Collierville route for them. Give them a shot and I bet you will be happy.
12-19-2013 08:08 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(12-19-2013 03:20 PM)Willie Becton Wrote:  
(12-19-2013 01:32 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

Do they deliver?

Yep...Lakeland, Germantown, Collierville...call with your address and they'll tell you.

It's pretty much all $2.99 and $19 for comforters...they charge a fee to use a card.
12-19-2013 11:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.