All conference football team announced
Bookmark and Share
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
All conference football team announced
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/c-us...eTeams.pdf

I think the selections are pretty good (at least from a Rice standpoint).
12-10-2013 02:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
RE: All conference football team announced
Absolute joke that Kevin Byard didn't make first team, much less second team, All CUSA.
12-10-2013 03:00 PM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
Not sure I agree with Carden getting the first team nod over Cato. Especially considering how we shut down Carden while Cato had a huge day. Not to mention that Cato has better career numbers.
12-10-2013 03:04 PM
Digi368 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Runners
What a complete joke in my opinion
12-10-2013 03:08 PM
BleedsGreen33 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
(12-10-2013 03:04 PM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  Not sure I agree with Carden getting the first team nod over Cato. Especially considering how we shut down Carden while Cato had a huge day. Not to mention that Cato has better career numbers.

Yup. If Carden gets POY over Cato's it's a complete and utter joke. And before ECU fans get mad about it. It was supposedly close all year long then they faced off in Huntington and Cato did not throw one single TD in a game his team got waxed in.

Cato not being first team invalidates this list. But what can you excpect from a bush league conference like CUSA. I am sure they used some crazy formula that Jerry Palm checked the math on.
12-10-2013 03:15 PM
El Runner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UT & UTSA
UTSA has 2 second team selections. What a joke of an all conference team!!!
12-10-2013 03:15 PM
Advertisement

TheBigEastSucks Offline
1st String

I Root For: NO QUARTER
(12-10-2013 03:00 PM)MTowho Wrote:  Absolute joke that Kevin Byard didn't make first team, much less second team, All CUSA.

Was he #38? If so, he gets my vote
12-10-2013 03:22 PM
TheBigEastSucks Offline
1st String

I Root For: NO QUARTER
(12-10-2013 02:56 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/c-us...eTeams.pdf

I think the selections are pretty good (at least from a Rice standpoint).

Ha just read them, what a joke.
12-10-2013 03:23 PM
Digi368 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Runners
(12-10-2013 03:15 PM)El Runner Wrote:  UTSA has 2 second team selections. What a joke of an all conference team!!!

Our entire team are "honorable mentions" I'm not being greedy and thought there should be 3 players on the All CUSA teams from UTSA. Inskeep, Wade and Mabry. Mabry not making it at all and Inskeep not on 1st team is beyond me
12-10-2013 03:30 PM
MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(12-10-2013 03:22 PM)TheBigEastSucks Wrote:  
(12-10-2013 03:00 PM)MTowho Wrote:  Absolute joke that Kevin Byard didn't make first team, much less second team, All CUSA.

Was he #38? If so, he gets my vote

Ha, no, that's TT Barber. He made first team, and deservedly so.
12-10-2013 03:33 PM
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
(12-10-2013 03:15 PM)BleedsGreen33 Wrote:  
(12-10-2013 03:04 PM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  Not sure I agree with Carden getting the first team nod over Cato. Especially considering how we shut down Carden while Cato had a huge day. Not to mention that Cato has better career numbers.

Yup. If Carden gets POY over Cato's it's a complete and utter joke. And before ECU fans get mad about it. It was supposedly close all year long then they faced off in Huntington and Cato did not throw one single TD in a game his team got waxed in.

Cato not being first team invalidates this list. But what can you excpect from a bush league conference like CUSA. I am sure they used some crazy formula that Jerry Palm checked the math on.

Cannot judge an entire year of work based on one fluke game.
12-10-2013 03:38 PM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
Cato can have it next year.
12-10-2013 03:42 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

It does not have anything to do with career numbers….It is for this season. They are both deserving players but numbers wise Carden did have a better season and was offensive player of the week more often than Cato. Sure Carden did not have a great game against Marshall but one game does not make a season and that was the only game he played where he had a surgical procedure 5 days before the game.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013 03:49 PM by ECU-DMB Fanatic.)
12-10-2013 03:47 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

Also... Carden doesn't yell at his teammates and coaches on the sideline during games. I've now witnessed Cato do it in person, as well as on TV.
12-10-2013 03:50 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
I'm not so sure I wouldn't vote Charles Ross POY. He led the conference in TDs (14), yards per rush (6.2) and never truly was 100 percent healthy the entire season. And when he was on the sidelines (UH 2nd half, UNT 2nd half), the Rice offense wasn't the same. He probably won't get POY but if his leg issues improve, he'll be a really good NFL player for years to come.
12-10-2013 04:02 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
I think they were fair to Marshall. What I like is out of the 21 Marshall players named, including all freshman team, only 3 won't be back next year.
12-10-2013 04:03 PM
Advertisement

owl40 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Owls
By Team (first two-teams..not honorable mention)
Rice 10
Marshall 9
ECU 9
NT 7
Tulsa 4
Tulane 4
FAU 4
La Tech 3
UAB 2
MTSU 2
UTSA 2
FIU 1
UTEP 1
So Miss 1

Couple observations.

- Big separation as top four teams had 35 players and bottom ten had 24.
- I thought the two best defenses we saw were FAU and Tulane and they had only five of the 22 defensive spots on first two-teams.
- UTSA seems a bit snubbed compared to their performance. They only had two guys and zero on first-team. We did not play MTSU but probably would say same for them too from what I saw of them on TV.
12-10-2013 04:44 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I thought Carden was clearly ahead until the Marshall game, then I thought Cato was a shoe in. Carden had a great year no doubt, but in the game that mattered most Cato came up bigger than Carden and IMO that should have gotten him first team.
12-10-2013 04:48 PM
TeKERaider Offline
1st String

I Root For: MTSU
(12-10-2013 04:44 PM)owl40 Wrote:  By Team (first two-teams..not honorable mention)
Rice 10
Marshall 9
ECU 9
NT 7
Tulsa 4
Tulane 4
FAU 4
La Tech 3
UAB 2
MTSU 2
UTSA 2
FIU 1
UTEP 1
So Miss 1

Couple observations.

- I thought the two best defenses we saw were FAU and Tulane and they had only five of the 22 defensive spots on first two-teams.
- UTSA seems a bit snubbed compared to their performance. They only had two guys and zero on first-team. We did not play MTSU but probably would say same for them too from what I saw of them on TV.
I would say only one from MT was an obvious snub and that was S Kevin Byard. His numbers literally doubled those selected before him. He was Freshman All American last year and wouldn't have been shocked to see him get HM national. Complete swing and miss by CUSA coaches
I will also say there is a noticable slant to previous members. To be expected I guess being that they have seen each other for several years which can have a carry over effect. According to our beat writer new members only make up 31% of the All Cusa team. I think on the field performance probably warranted more.
12-10-2013 05:21 PM
sfg22 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UNT
(12-10-2013 05:21 PM)TeKERaider Wrote:  
(12-10-2013 04:44 PM)owl40 Wrote:  By Team (first two-teams..not honorable mention)
Rice 10
Marshall 9
ECU 9
NT 7
Tulsa 4
Tulane 4
FAU 4
La Tech 3
UAB 2
MTSU 2
UTSA 2
FIU 1
UTEP 1
So Miss 1

Couple observations.

I would say only one from MT was an obvious snub and that was S Kevin Byard. His numbers literally doubled those selected before him. He was Freshman All American last year and wouldn't have been shocked to see him get HM national. Complete swing and miss by CUSA coaches
I will also say there is a noticable slant to previous members. To be expected I guess being that they have seen each other for several years which can have a carry over effect. According to our beat writer new members only make up 31% of the All Cusa team. I think on the field performance probably warranted more.

Marcus Trice had better numbers actually. Trice did have 9 less tackles. But has 3.5 more TFL, has 1 sack to 0, the same amount of INT's, same amount of fumble recoveries, Trice has 1 more forced fumble, and 3 more pass break ups. In addition Trice had 3 blocked kicks.
12-10-2013 05:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.